Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

:aww: Gouff man

Just love this guy, good finish and great energy all game. Also one of my favourite players, his application and desire is terrific, tracks back, tackles, makes good runs off the ball, a good all rounder.

Whatever he lacks in all out ability, he more than makes up for in desire :thup:

I loved Gouff before it became trendy.

I remember telling someone he was great and going to be a threat before the game we beat Bordeaux 3-0 in which he was completely anonymous and subbed after an hour.  #outhipstered

:hmm:

I loved Gouff before it became trendy.

I remember telling someone he was great and going to be a threat before the game we beat Bordeaux 3-0 in which he was completely anonymous and subbed after an hour.  #outhipstered

:hmm:

The only two I can see from the pre-match thread were these...or do you mean you told "real" people?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,92994.msg3964368.html#msg3964368

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,92994.msg3957226.html#msg3957226

My MOM yesterday. There's no one part of the game that's outstanding, but he's able to make a decent fist out of any situation that he finds himself in.

Most strikingly, he's able to get back and protect his full back as well as get on the end of chances at the other end of the pitch. He's really established himself in the team now.

My MOM yesterday. There's no one part of the game that's outstanding, but he's able to make a decent fist out of any situation that he finds himself in.

Most strikingly, he's able to get back and protect his full back as well as get on the end of chances at the other end of the pitch. He's really established himself in the team now.

I'd like to see him get a run at CF, but I've got to say that he does this extremely well. He holds that position on the wing so well. If he's been dragged away from LW when we attack, he's back in front of Santon within seconds if we lose the ball. He was fucking excellent yesterday.

I'd like to see him get a run at CF, but I've got to say that he does this extremely well. He holds that position on the wing so well. If he's been dragged away from LW when we attack, he's back in front of Santon within seconds if we lose the ball. He was fucking excellent yesterday.

Yeah, and when he gets back he's not just there as a token presence to slow an attack down. He actually can defend a bit.

I dont understand why people done rate this guy? Hes got a good turn of pace, rarely loses the ball, can turn on the ball well, plus works like a trojan. I think hes fantastic.

:thup: most of the time when I read a compliment it seems like people are apologising for giving him praise, "despite his faults" sort of thing.

He isn't Thierry Henry but he isn't some shite player who makes the most of his limited talent either. He is quick, intelligent, can pass, can score different types of goals and has immense work rate.

Yeah he might not be as good as Carroll physically or as good a finisher as Ba but he certainly isn't making up for deficiencies. He is a very good player who deserves a crack in the centre and every reason thrown at his way for not starting I don't see Cisse being any better tbh.

He's playing so well on the wing, why suddenly move him to CF? Fullbacks most love having him in front of them, it's a huge positive for him that his work rate is actually preventing him from playing up top. I think it's great his team first attitude rather than being a self centered cunt like Ba who was all about himself and refused to put the team first like Gouff is now.

He's playing so well on the wing, why suddenly move him to CF? Fullbacks most love having him in front of them, it's a huge positive for him that his work rate is actually preventing him from playing up top. I think it's great his team first attitude rather than being a self centered c*** like Ba who was all about himself and refused to put the team first like Gouff is now.

:facepalm:

That's true of Ba tbh.

He'd rather shoot for his goal bonus than pass to Cisse a lot of the time.

The same Demba Ba who, after scoring a phenomenal 15 goals in the first half of our best season in years, played out wide for us for half a season to the detriment of his own game? The same Demba Ba also, who, when played centrally again in the first half of last season (mostly alongside Cisse, not in place of) instantly regained his goal scoring touch and got an impressive 13 goals in 20 league appearances?

Papiss Cisse has been asked to play four (!) games out wide last season (after a period of being out of form, not like Ba who was asked to play out wide when in the form of his life) and much has been made out of how Pardew mishandled him, messing with his mojo and what not. The fact is Demba Ba is a much better forward than Papiss Cisse. He had every right to request to be played centrally (if he even did as much, which is just presumption anyway as far as I know), and totally vindicated that decision.

Here is a player who came here on a free and a fairly low reputation (most on here wanted another striker and considered him back up as best, myself included), who scored a phenomenal amount of goals and contributed to many more when played in his preferred position, played out wide for the good of the team (and to his own detriment) for months on end and left the club for a genuinely better proposition for a decent fee (considering we got him for free). Quite why our own fans hold such a grudge against him I will never know..

All the highlights and discussion about his goal praise the ball from Cabaye , as they should it was a superb ball but non of them credit Gouf with great movement or timing. The way he just drifted away then ran around the back and got into that space at the perfect time.

Had it been Rooney or Sturridge there would have been a wankfest over their amazing striker ability.

That's true of Ba tbh.

He'd rather shoot for his goal bonus than pass to Cisse a lot of the time.

The same Demba Ba who, after scoring a phenomenal 15 goals in the first half of our best season in years, played out wide for us for half a season to the detriment of his own game? The same Demba Ba also, who, when played centrally again in the first half of last season (mostly alongside Cisse, not in place of) instantly regained his goal scoring touch and got an impressive 13 goals in 20 league appearances?

Papiss Cisse has been asked to play four (!) games out wide last season (after a period of being out of form, not like Ba who was asked to play out wide when in the form of his life) and much has been made out of how Pardew mishandled him, messing with his mojo and what not. The fact is Demba Ba is a much better forward than Papiss Cisse. He had every right to request to be played centrally (if he even did as much, which is just presumption anyway as far as I know), and totally vindicated that decision.

Here is a player who came here on a free and a fairly low reputation (most on here wanted another striker and considered him back up as best, myself included), who scored a phenomenal amount of goals and contributed to many more when played in his preferred position, played out wide for the good of the team (and to his own detriment) for months on end and left the club for a genuinely better proposition for a decent fee (considering we got him for free). Quite why our own fans hold such a grudge against him I will never know..

:clap:

I assumed the "greedy Ba" thing was just created as an excuse for Cisse, surprised it is still being mentioned but it looks like its stuck with some.

We were playing well with Cisse banging them in and Ba was playing well on the wing just not scoring. What right did he think he had over the team to say I'm not playing on the wing anymore, I'm playing CF. Completely fucked us a team, we weren't the same team with the two up top or Cisse out wide. Ba might have scored goals again when back up top but we weren't half the team anymore, he chose his personal success over team success. I'm happy Gouffran doesn't have that attitude.