Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

If he had of managed to turn that one in against West Ham, we would be level on points with the league leaders  :okay:

If it makes you feel any better, had that happened and Agbonlahor turned in his sitter we'd probably be in exactly the same position as we are now :)

Guest firetotheworks

If he had of managed to turn that one in against West Ham, we would be level on points with the league leaders  :okay:

If it makes you feel any better, had that happened and Agbonlahor turned in his sitter we'd probably be in exactly the same position as we are now :)

Ifs and buts again though. We should have had a penalty and Cabaye should have squared it. Overall, I'm satisfied with our points tally so far. It should be 9/12, but we've got what we deserve from every match so far, imo.

Ifs and buts again though. We should have had a penalty and Cabaye should have squared it. Overall, I'm satisfied with our points tally so far. It should be 9/12, but we've got what we deserve from every match so far, imo.

Yeah, that was pretty much what I was getting at, it's swings and roundabouts. Luck/decisions etc will generally even out eventually.

I also think that chance was a lot harder than it looked.  We have seen so many times where the ball is smacked over the bar.

He caught it perfectly and it was a great finish.  Compare it to the Eto'o 'tap in' where fair enough Barry got a foot across but he shouldn't have had a chance of reaching that.

Really good sub to have. Don't think he's the poacher or finisher Cisse is but he keeps it simple, direct and positive and grafts his 'nads off.

:thup:

Totally, he's a quality no-nonsense player to have around. Pick, you know what you're getting and he'll never let you down.

Really good sub to have. Don't think he's the poacher or finisher Cisse is but he keeps it simple, direct and positive and grafts his 'nads off.

:thup:

Totally, he's a quality no-nonsense player to have around. Pick, you know what you're getting and he'll never let you down.

He makes good decisions on the ball as well. It makes it much easier for other forwards to make runs knowing he'll release the ball early when required.

Couldn't said it better. The best aspect of him is the same as Anita. Just plays it simple.

I still think its a little unfair comparing Cisse and Gouffran's finishing ability when Gouffran is playing in a position Cisse really struggled to score in.

Gouffran was a 1 in 2 striker for the 2 seasons before joining us wasn't he? I'd throw him in now tbh but if Cisse doesn't pick up fast Gouffran definitely deserves a run as a centre forward then we can really judge who is the better finisher.

I still think its a little unfair comparing Cisse and Gouffran's finishing ability when Gouffran is playing in a position Cisse really struggled to score in.

Gouffran was a 1 in 2 striker for the 2 seasons before joining us wasn't he? I'd throw him in now tbh but if Cisse doesn't pick up fast Gouffran definitely deserves a run as a centre forward then we can really judge who is the better finisher.

Not exactly, no.

Sorry I didn't realise anyone was going to be so pedantic...

Gouffran was scoring at a very respectable rate for the 2 seasons before joining us wasn't he? I'd throw him in now tbh but if Cisse doesn't pick up fast Gouffran definitely deserves a run as a centre forward then we can really judge who is the better finisher.

8 goals combined in the 2 seasons before that mind.

That was when he spent the majority on the wing though wasn't it? I seem to remember French journalists saying he had come on massively since he was moved centrally.