The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

As I said a few weeks ago, this season is the first time I think Moyes seriously will go.

We were never strong contenders for the CL, always outsiders, so I wouldn't buy that as the reason. But that defeat realistically ends our hopes for 5th as well, which is the biggy. It'll take us getting at least 10 points out of 12 (2 away games being Chelsea and Liverpool) and Spurs to implode.

f***ing chewed off with that showing. To borrow a phrase from here describing our game at Goodison, what we did in this game was we sought out the lass, bought the rohypnol, followed her home, checked the surroundings, then ended up having a w*** in a bush.

Not a clue how to break down an admittedly resolute Sunderland defence, but a generally s*** one.

If NUFC are anything to go by finishing 5th isn't necessarily a good thing if it means qualifying for the Europa League. From what I know of Everton, they don't have much money to spend. I guess Everton would need to expand their squad if they qualify for the Europa League.

It has an impact on domestic form, there's no doubt about that, but by qualifying for Europe you're showing your progressing.

As usual, it's a case of close but no cigar, which is useless for a) attracting good players, b) keeping your good players and c) keeping your good manager.

One thing I legitimately think about La Liga is that, nevertheless the two horse race at the top, the race for the CL is wide open every year. It's pretty much a closed shop in the PL and even Spurs are in danger of not making it this year either.

As I said a few weeks ago, this season is the first time I think Moyes seriously will go.

We were never strong contenders for the CL, always outsiders, so I wouldn't buy that as the reason. But that defeat realistically ends our hopes for 5th as well, which is the biggy. It'll take us getting at least 10 points out of 12 (2 away games being Chelsea and Liverpool) and Spurs to implode.

f***ing chewed off with that showing. To borrow a phrase from here describing our game at Goodison, what we did in this game was we sought out the lass, bought the rohypnol, followed her home, checked the surroundings, then ended up having a w*** in a bush.

Not a clue how to break down an admittedly resolute Sunderland defence, but a generally s*** one.

If NUFC are anything to go by finishing 5th isn't necessarily a good thing if it means qualifying for the Europa League. From what I know of Everton, they don't have much money to spend. I guess Everton would need to expand their squad if they qualify for the Europa League.

It's never affected their league form in the past, in fact it rarely affects league form. Don't believe the Pardew spiel.

Guest bimpy474

Other results pretty much couldn't have gone worse

Only Wigan matter.

I was going to say. Only 1 spot left, and the team in that spot lost today, and the team directly above them will very likely lose this weekend too. Not a disastrous weekend at all.

They have to play each other, 3 point for either, or a point for both. Leaves needing one win in my book.

Arsenal in 3rd again, standard. Where's neesy when you need him to give us his expert opinion on what a clown Wenger is?

:lol: he wasn't the only one tbf, a lot of people at beginning of season where saying they wouldn't finish top 4 and Wenger should go.

I however i have seen this too many times with Arsenal and refuse to fall for it.

It's never affected their league form in the past, in fact it rarely affects league form. Don't believe the Pardew spiel.

To be fair, you could argue that Stoke struggled last season playing games in the Europa league and then the Premiership. We haven't coped well with the extra games and you could argue that they haven't helped Tottenham either.

Having said that, there's extra games to play if you get through the first few rounds in the domestic cups but we rarely have to worry about that. The Championship has more games than the Premiership so there's Pardew's big incentive not to get relegated as it would mean more games, including his dreaded midweek games.

Guest bimpy474

To be fair, you could argue that Stoke struggled last season playing games in the Europa league and then the Premiership. We haven't coped well with the extra games and you could argue that they haven't helped Tottenham either.

Having said that, there's extra games to play if you get through the first few rounds in the domestic cups but we rarely have to worry about that. The Championship has more games than the Premiership so there's Pardew's big incentive not to get relegated as it would mean more games, including his dreaded midweek games.

Makes you wonder how Hoots coped in the Championship and the Europa League at the same time with Birmingham. You know what, he coped will because he isn't a defeatist pillock.

How could you argue that? Stoke got more points the season they played in the Europa than they did the season before (and almost certainly more than they'll get the season after).

Stoke weren't in this much trouble last season were they? Also yes the Europa League has affected Tottenham that much that they're only fighting it out for a Champions League place.

Guest neesy111

Arsenal in 3rd again, standard. Where's neesy when you need him to give us his expert opinion on what a clown Wenger is?

Oh aye, what a bellend and arsehole you are.

Well I seem to have forgot the trophies Arsenal have won in the last 8 years.

Twat.

Stoke weren't in this much trouble last season were they? Also yes the Europa League has affected Tottenham that much that they're only fighting it out for a Champions League place.

Spurs have got one less point than at the same stage last season.

This myth of Europe being a hindrance is one of football's biggest myths, perpetuated by cowardly dinosaurs like Pardew and O'Neill.