The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

Arsenal's biggest problem is training and coaching, you can see they don't work on operating as a unit defensively AT ALL.

I have seen Monreal and Mertesacker for years at a very good level perform and put them in Arsenal's back 4 and coaching and they look like f*cking crap.

That cannot be a coincidence, either they get some coaches in to fix that or change the manager.

I know we complain about movement and attacking coaching but Arsenal are the opposite they don't work on defense at all.

They can buy all the quality they want but they will never win anything like this.

Very true. Bould got a promotion but it's not working when it matters. Some new ideas are needed. Still somehow think they'll finish 4th.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I believe in Arsene Wenger, I really do. Terrific manager. But some of this defending man... after all these years. It's just not good enough.

Even the transfers. Got the wrong lads from S'hampton & Ajax.

Wenger believes that he can just continue enforcing his coaching style on this team and it'll work. He was a pioneer when he arrived 15+ years ago, but the rest of football have caught up with his fitness ideals and technical training. I admire him for what he brought to the English game, and I believe he was a major part in the Premier League adapting from a very English style of play to a more technical one. However, I think he needs to trust others around him if this team is to improve.

It's the same story every week - shit defending. Yet, you hear and you read his coaching philosophy and training plans and it's seemingly the same thing every week... ball possession and high intensity drills to keep the ball moving. Obviously Arsenal are a good team at this, but it's not working and hasn't been working for a while. There's very little grit to this team - no enforcer that can help cover up the lack of defensive understanding.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Was that a "You're just a big f***ing German" chant? 

Aye. Spurs fans providing a descriptive service for the blind.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Seems like Wenger has done his version of the hair drier.

"I must defend better and score goals" x1000