The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

You really can't understand my pain, can you?  :huff:

Aye, like a kid who gets what he wants whenever he asks, suddenly Mummy and Daddy say no. You just cant figure it out why can ya :lol:

Preferred my Yokozuna/Trish Stratus one like.

Aye, like a kid who gets what he wants whenever he asks, suddenly Mummy and Daddy say no. You just cant figure it out why can ya :lol:

Yup, anything with tits is better.

Guest bimpy474

Yup, anything with tits is better.

So very true.

Xavi looked old as f*** in that game

That's because he is. His physique isn't there anymore; he can still produce some magic games, but can't last the pace of a season anymore. Hope Thiago plays a bigger role next season.

He's not though, he's only 33. I'm surprised his physical decline is affecting his game as much as you're saying it is.

Xavi looked old as f*** in that game

That's because he is. His physique isn't there anymore; he can still produce some magic games, but can't last the pace of a season anymore. Hope Thiago plays a bigger role next season.

He's not though, he's only 33. I'm surprised his physical decline is affecting his game as much as you're saying it is.

You see some players just lose it when they get to that age, not everyone can play on.

Agree with what VI is saying on Xavi majority of games i have seen him against big teams over last 15 months he seems to let the game pass him by.

He just can't keep up physically any more against the very best, the reason i said earlier in season before a Clasico that Thiago should start over him was exactly because of this.

Barca have a lot of technical players with great ability as we all know but like Xavi a lot of them are lacking fitness and athleticism at their best they had a mixture of both.

Bartomeu(Vice President) said today they would buy 4 or 5 players in the summer and they need a shake up so we will see what happens.

Guest Miguel Piñero

In the future I'd like to see Cesc and Busquets in a two in a 4231, with Messi in the attacking three, obviously will never happen though

They just need someone better than Alexis and they attack will be spruced up somewhat, a fabergas, busquets, thiago midfield will be nothing to sniff at if xavi has to be phased out, mind it seems barca want fabergas further forward for whatever reason

They just need someone better than Alexis and they attack will be spruced up somewhat, a fabergas, busquets, thiago midfield will be nothing to sniff at if xavi has to be phased out, mind it seems barca want fabergas further forward for whatever reason

I agree that that Fabregas, Thiago and Busquets would work.... but the problem there is what do you with Iniesta?

Could play him out wide but that's too easy for big teams to defend against, i'd argue they need two forwards btw....

Alexis doesn't fit i still maintain he's a good player he's just not a good fit and Pedro has been crap for 2 years.

Then you come to the defence, Puyol is on his last legs, Mascherano isn't a CB, You can't expect Abidal to come back to a great 90 mins week in week out level and while Alba is great offensively he's a joke defensively.

They have ignored their issues for too long and now teams have caught up and arguably gone beyond them.

Guest Miguel Piñero

Pedro hugs the line too much, he offers nothing as a classic winger, when he first came on the scene he was doing a Ljungberg type job running beyond the attack (what Tello is kinda doing now)

We'd easily be beating fuckign Fenerbache tonight, man. Santon and Taylor should be bealing like little kids. I hope they didn't sleep last night.

When was the last time we easily beat anybody? :lol:

Fenerbache are a decent outfit, at the least.

I'd replace Dani Alves myself, he is class on his day but they are few and far between and his end product really pisses me off.

I'm sorry but I've rarely found something as laughable as this. if you said his main problem was his defensive abilities and they should replace him because of age and the fact that Alba goes forward as much then I'd agree. Tell me how many fullbacks you'll find who in the last two seasons have had 30 assists. (I apologize if you by end product mean only goal scoring, but he's a right back ffs)

If Barca binned off Alves they'd have to massively change their formation and regular point of attack. I'd argue, Messi aside, he's the last player they want shot off.

Completely agree with you.