Newcastle 0 - 0 Metalist Kharkiv - 14/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

Saw the most unbelievable 10/10 Ukrainian bird in the club shop before the match with a very average Eastern eauropean looking man. Lucky sod. Probably the worst part of the night

:lol:

Actually seen Jill having words with them lads in the turnstile, didn't realise they'd swung a punch though.

Well I would probably be p*ssed off at not having won this.. but I spent most of the match fuming at the bellend that threw a punch at me by the turnstiles. :( Idiot brigade was out in force, as usual for a cup game.

NUFC or Metalist fan?

NUFC. A group of lads tried to push to the front of the queue as it was busy, most people said nothing but I asked them not to. One of them then proceeded to throw all sorts of insults in my direction ("Ugly, typical lass knows nowt about football, uurrgh you're wearing a hat" :lol: ) and pushed in anyway, only to be told by the turnstile operator that he was in the wrong queue as he wanted to pay cash. When I grinned and laughed at him he took a swing for me (I dodged and he knocked my hat onto the floor instead) while his mate did the same towards my lad before some random bloke intervened and dragged them both away.

The stewards on the inside saw the whole thing but just laughed it off and said they were drunk (they weren't particularly), which was disappointing.

you need some kind of N-O alarm call or a N-O batsignal.

cunts wouldnt have known what hit them

Saw the most unbelievable 10/10 Ukrainian bird in the club shop before the match with a very average Eastern european looking man. Lucky sod. Probably the worst part of the night

10/10 Eastern European girls always end up with average Eastern European men. No justice, tbh.

f***ing hell.

From the other thread.

http://i.imgur.com/khU5rXQ.png

It´s not so clear cut as it looks in that picture. Bear in mind that the Metalist defeder is on his way up, while Sissoko is in full speed forward as the pass is made. People went on last night like I was saying it wasn´t offside. Im just saying it wasn´t necessarily as easy to judge as some people make it out to be.

I still think the second disallowed goal was the correct decision. Unless someone can give me clear cut photo evidence on the contrary.

The refs had an ok game imo. Last season we had quite a few goals against us disallowed that should have stood, in the premier league, with english refs. It happens. This time we suffered.

f***ing hell.

From the other thread.

http://i.imgur.com/khU5rXQ.png

It´s not so clear cut as it looks in that picture. Bear in mind that the Metalist defeder is on his way up, while Sissoko is in full speed forward as the pass is made. People went on last night like I was saying it wasn´t offside. Im just saying it wasn´t necessarily as easy to judge as some people make it out to be.

I still think the second disallowed goal was the correct decision. Unless someone can give me clear cut photo evidence on the contrary.

The refs had an ok game imo. Last season we had quite a few goals against us disallowed that should have stood, in the premier league, with english refs. It happens. This time we suffered.

thats clear cut onside

First one was incredibly obvious, or should have been to any competent top-level linesman.

Second one was much more questionable, and in fact, I think he was slightly off myself.  Very very close but here:

http://s12.postimage.org/oelzr71ul/cisse2ndsmall.jpg

If you judge by the darker grass line, his knee and leg look to be barely off.  Couldn't argue it either way, really.

did they change the rule about clear daylight?  that is all of the attacker has to be past the defender?

That was never an official rule. It was just a suggestion to linesmen because they're basically all shit and were making the decision a bit late.

Surely if it's as close as that one then benefit of the doubt goes to Cisse? Linesman has to be 100% sure he's offside. 24 hours later, with TV replays, we're still not 100% sure.

or he was paid?