Newcastle 0 - 0 Metalist Kharkiv - 14/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

I agree with WBCP tbh. While we've clearly been robbed by the officials, the performance, offensively and defensively, was horrendous.

Agree. All we do is just stand still ffs, and let teams play. We must be so easy to defend against

I agree with WBCP tbh. While we've clearly been robbed by the officials, the performance, offensively and defensively, was horrendous.

Really? Thought we were comfortably the better side, and mostly solid defensively.  I agree the pace was a bit slow, but there were several players having a good game.

Guest neesy111

Actually thought the ref had a pretty good game and try to let the game flow when and where he could. Thought he was badly let down by his assistant for the first 'goal'. Second 'goal' was offside even if it was tight.

Absolute rubbish.  He gave a foul to them against Sissoko 2nd half when in fact it was a foul to us.

Guest neesy111

Agreed, Pardew was hopeless with his tactics as usual and the decision to start Jonas again is mind boggling.

With proper res, and Cisse banging one of his other big chances in, it would have been a brilliant performance. Hard to judge it with ref's corrupting a game.

Guest neesy111

With proper res, and Cisse banging one of his other big chances in, it would have been a brilliant performance. Hard to judge it with ref's corrupting a game.

Supposed you forgot they were the better team 1st half.

Thank god for that!  Thought I'd been watching a different game although I went with Ketsbaia and I know he saw it the same way.  Far too easy to go down the "we woz robbed" route.  Every time they did come forward they looked like something might be on the cards.  There were a number of occasions they skipped past Santon far too easily.  Also thought they'd buried that header.

FWIW quote of the game went to the bloke behind regarding the referee.  - "a fuckin wish Andaz Breivik put a bullet in that referees heed anarl, the fuckin Norwegian daft c***!"

Guest neesy111

Supposed you forgot they were the better team 1st half.

They weren't the better side in either half.

They were 1st half, just mind.  They had more chances than us.

Guest neesy111

Thank god for that!  Thought I'd been watching a different game although I went with Ketsbaia and I know he saw it the same way.  Far too easy to go down the "we woz robbed" route.  Every time they did come forward they looked like something might be on the cards.  There were a number of occasions they skipped past Santon far too easily.  Also thought they'd buried that header.

FWIW quote of the game went to the bloke behind regarding the referee.  - "a fuckin wish Andaz Breivik put a bullet in that referees heed anarl, the fuckin Norwegian daft c***!"

100% agree on Santon, 1st half just about everything they did was behind him.

We played OK but nowt special, a more balanced side would have won that game without needing to blame bad officiating. Still think we can get a goal over there based on tonight like, but can see it being a frustrating game because they keep the ball well.

We played OK but nowt special, a more balanced side would have won that game without needing to blame bad officiating. Still think we can get a goal over there based on tonight like, but can see it being a frustrating game because they keep the ball well.

Cisse's finishing let us down like. Put two away but should have had at least two others. Bit annoying that hardly anyone else offered a goal threat tonight that I can remember.

Guest neesy111

They were technically sound on the ball especially 1st half, though they tired a bit 2nd half which was to be expected.

The best I think we can hope for is a score draw over there.

Refs looked out of their depth

That's exactly it. I hate to be the type to get all excited about British refs abroad, but the contrast between Webb's team and so many other reffing teams this week was dramatic. And Webb is someone who has not been entirely impressive over the last couple of years. They did a really good job, and even when they made a mistake, they kept good communication with the players.

What is the problem with the refs in Europe? So many times you see them make a decision, and you know that they've just guessed. Leaving aside the possible issues of corruption, and the standard reffing issues of being influenced by the home crowd, there is still a basic level of competence that is not being met.

If we showed ANY desire to win, we would've. I thought that was very, very poor. Our attacking play consisted of weak crosses into the box and when Cisse finally bothered to stay onside, his goals were chalked off. No, not happy at all about tonight.

Marveaux, MYM and Cabaye played well. Jonas and Obertan were impotent. Sissoko is a beast when running at players but his passing continues to frustrate.

At least theres always next year. Oh wait...

Guest neesy111

If we showed ANY desire to win, we would've. I thought that was very, very poor. Our attacking play consisted of weak crosses into the box and when Cisse finally bothered to stay onside, his goals were chalked off. No, not happy at all about tonight.

Marveaux, MYM and Cabaye played well. Jonas and Obertan were impotent. Sissoko is a beast when running at players but his passing continues to frustrate.

At least theres always next year. Oh wait...

Aye, I saw no desire from us to go for the win.  I got the feeling tonight we didn't know how to play 2 legged football.

Guest neesy111

Just back.

One of the worst reffing performances I've ever seen, and I've seen some pretty bad ones live in the last 5 years.  Two onside goals disallowed, and Sissoko booked for being two-foot tackled.

I jumped up to shout for the ref to book their player and then see he gave the foul to them, honestly unbelievably bad officiating.