Rossi not staying...

Nicky

He hasnt really had a chance to shine here but he isnt the player we needed or really wanted, I think we took him because he was the only one available to us at the time.

Fergie is being a right c*nt as usual and his comments are totally rediculous.

Lets just hope that Roeder has someone in mind to sign in the transfer window.

We got what we wanted.....cover for the striker position. Sure SAF might have wanted Rossi to play, and if he was good enough I would have wanted him to play too, but he was only ever here for cover.

No one thought that Sibierski would have been Glens go-to-guy, so if Rossi couldn't beat out Sibs for the forward position then he wasn't as good as SAF thinks he is.

We wanted cover for the forwards....Rossi was that cover. Job done.  Now GR needs to sign some player  permanently to shore up the forwards and defense.

Bang on the nose.

Let's not f*** about with short term, embarrasing loans next time, eh ?

We got what we wanted.....cover for the striker position. Sure SAF might have wanted Rossi to play, and if he was good enough I would have wanted him to play too, but he was only ever here for cover.

No one thought that Sibierski would have been Glens go-to-guy, so if Rossi couldn't beat out Sibs for the forward position then he wasn't as good as SAF thinks he is.

We wanted cover for the forwards....Rossi was that cover. Job done.  Now GR needs to sign some player  permanently to shore up the forwards and defense.

Bang on the nose.

Let's not f*** about with short term, embarrasing loans next time, eh ?

Wouldnt suprise me if we ended up with someone like Alan Smith on loan until the end of the season.

Or on the other hand we could end up with someone like Freddy Eastwood on the back of one good game against the mancs.

He's trying to recreate a very poor mans Pirlo and Gattuso at Man Yoo it would seem.

agree i said something similar back in August. not a bad idea but i don't really think Carrick is in the same class as Riquelme or Pirlo, and his passing looks relatively predictable alongside the likes of Alonso or Fabregas.

anyway, Rossi was basically a non-entity in the games i saw him play, so he won't be missed. maybe he'kll develop into a good player when he hits puberty.

All Roeder would say today was: "Seppe Rossi was at a funeral for our last Premiership game and, of course, Manchester United did not want him playing for us in Europe. But he is available again tomorrow and I am delighted that he is - and he should play some part for us."

I'm sure Furguson will be delighted.

All Roeder would say today was: "Seppe Rossi was at a funeral for our last Premiership game and, of course, Manchester United did not want him playing for us in Europe. But he is available again tomorrow and I am delighted that he is - and he should play some part for us."

I'm sure Furguson will be delighted.

Did he actually say that? :(

Guest TampaToon

f*** what ferguson thinks, i'm glad to hear him say it....rossi provided  some depth when we were up against it at the end of the window, and we only played him when we felt necessary and never more than that...too bad if fergie's upset, we got what we wanted and he didn't, big deal.

of course, all this is null and void if we don't add strikers in jan, in which case i'll be pining for rossi to come back

did anyone actually think he was going to stay? Thought it was pretty clear that he was only here til jan, so why are people suprised?

Guest theunis

Yeah Fergie comment really peeeed em off, if he allowed Rossi to play cup games he would have had allot more games, but now, he comes out moaning, never mind our current league position, we cant be testing Man u players and hoping for the best. Fergie can shove Rossi where the sun dont shine for all i care

i am more suprised that roeder still will play him after ferguson saying he will take him..

really sucks,we are becoming more like uniteds toy now with roeder,didnt we use to challenge them to league title 9 years ago?

Jesus wept, just because he isnt our player doesnt mean we shouldnt play him if we need to!

If we had Ronaldinho on loan would you be saying "We are like Barca's toy"?

Yes, we challenged them for the league title 3 times in the past but what does that matter for anything now? It means nothing, times have changed in football. We have been overtaken by teams like Villa & Bolton, who would have thought that when we were challenging for the title with Manure?

he is a youngsters who is just in our team so he can get used to first team football then kick our ass next season with manchester !!!

if he was sheva or as u said ronaldinho,or at least a good play who we can actually use and might get a chance of signing of full terms next season i am in

but he is only hear to train and then go back to his actuall team..

IF Only he was good enough for our team in the first place,he scored 1 league cup goal,that leave's him as our least scoring striker,even LUQUE got more goals then him!!

he is a youngsters who is just in our team so he can get used to first team football then kick our ass next season with manchester !!!

if he was sheva or as u said ronaldinho,or at least a good play who we can actually use and might get a chance of signing of full terms next season i am in

but he is only hear to train and then go back to his actuall team..

IF Only he was good enough for our team in the first place,he scored 1 league cup goal,that leave's him as our least scoring striker,even LUQUE got more goals then him!!

Give me strength, he was brought he as BACKUP, not as a first teamer & what happens when your first choice's are not available, you use the BACKUP, which is what Rossi is.

I doubt he is going to "kick our ass next season with manchester" because he isnt good enough, yet. Its going to take him longer than a couple of months under Roeder and the gang to make him into the world beater that you seem to think he is going to turn into as soon as he walks back into Old Trafford.

he is a back-up,but do u need back-up when u have luque,a striker,wich has a huge reputation,its simple,rossi was only brought by roeder so he can keep luque out..

u bring back-ups when u don't have first teamrs ready,not when u don't want to play one

also,why not use one of our youngsters as back up?!,isn't andy carol doing great in the reserve's?

he is a back-up,but do u need back-up when u have luque,a striker,wich has a huge reputation,its simple,rossi was only brought by roeder so he can keep luque out..

u bring back-ups when u don't have first teamrs ready,not when u don't want to play one

also,why not use one of our youngsters as back up?!,isn't andy carol doing great in the reserve's?

He was brought here because LUQUE ISNT GOOD ENOUGH!

Aye, lets use a reserve team player who is just going to get bullied about by centre backs who wont care if its his first or last game. At least Rossi has some experience of playing 1st XI football.

Imagine if Carroll or Troisi has a shocker on their debut, the crowd are going to be right on there backs straight away, especially with the position we are in at the moment.

i am more suprised that roeder still will play him after ferguson saying he will take him..

really sucks,we are becoming more like uniteds toy now with roeder,didnt we use to challenge them to league title 9 years ago?

Jesus wept, just because he isnt our player doesnt mean we shouldnt play him if we need to!

If we had Ronaldinho on loan would you be saying "We are like Barca's toy"?

Yes, we challenged them for the league title 3 times in the past but what does that matter for anything now? It means nothing, times have changed in football. We have been overtaken by teams like Villa & Bolton, who would have thought that when we were challenging for the title with Manure?

God they do say the truth hurts and its right what you say,but it feels like a blade to the heart seeing it written in black and white.

Why is Roeder kissing Alex's arse ?

Glenn Roeder is happy to have Giuseppe Rossi available again after Sir Alex Ferguson complained about the striker's lack of appearances at Newcastle United.

Rossi is currently on loan at St James' Park from Manchester United, with Ferguson wanting the youngster to gain first-team experience.

But Rossi has started just two Premiership games for Newcastle and Ferguson expressed his unhappiness at the situation over the weekend.

He is ready to bring the forward back to Old Trafford in January, although Roeder does not want to be drawn into a row.

Instead, the Magpies manager is looking forward to being able to select Rossi for Wednesday's Premiership game with Reading.

"I have not been in contact with Sir Alex," said Roeder.

"An experienced manager, as he is, he will understand I have got to do my job the way I see it.

"Seppe Rossi was at a funeral in Milan for our last Premiership game against Portsmouth, and of course Manchester United did not want him playing for us in Europe.

"But he is available again tomorrow and I am delighted he is. He should play some part for us."

I think Rossi was a decent signing, given the state of affairs.

We didn't have enough strikers, and we needed a bigger squad to start the season with. We'd fucked up the transfer window, and knew it so at little to no expense we brought in Rossi and Sibierski. It gave us extra bodies, and made our squad that little bit stronger without wasting any cash on a player we didn't want.

Granted, he's not played much, but at (presumably) just the cost of his (again, presumably) low wages I think it was a reasonable bit of business.

Nothing gained, nothing lost. If only we could say that about Luque...

• 1 month later...