Anzhi 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 07/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 37

Disco

Guest neesy111

Happy with the result but hate seeing us consistently be so negative.

Away in Europe to a team that's record is:

P7 W7 F12 A1

Aye, lets be miserable because we didn't rape them.

Absolute tosh.

No idea how anyone can think Anita played better than Cabaye.

Elliot 7

Simpson 7

Perch 9

Mbiwa 9

Haidara 8

Obertan 4

Sissoko 6

Cabaye 6

Anita 5

Marveaux 3

Ben Arfa 5

I don't know what you were watching, but I thought Anita had a very good game when he was on.

Guest bimpy474

Anita was better than Cabaye imo.

Funny game footy, i thought Anita was poor, first half he gave it away so often.

See this is why we love football, opinions that differ.

I'd score most of them high because of the circumstances (being away, against a very good team with a great home record and on a G4 pitch) and I think most players put in a shift. Let down by Obertan on quite a few occasions with conceding possession, but he went on some good runs towards the end. Marveaux had a disappointing game and I thought he could have been a bit more committed, but still when it mattered he was in the right place at the right time.

Anita offered absolutely nothing offensively or defensively whereas Cabaye in different stages of the game was getting stuck in and winning back possession while playing a few tidy balls forward that our attacking players failed to make much of.

Marveaux offered nothing either apart from being decent defensively in the first 10 minutes.

As i said earlier i felt Anita was our best player outside of the defenders the more attacking players just couldn't get going.

I'd agree with this. We just couldn't retain possession in the final 3rd.

Guest bimpy474

As i said earlier i felt Anita was our best player outside of the defenders the more attacking players just couldn't get going.

Mole stop it :lol:

Guest neesy111

:thup:

Guest icemanblue

Good result. Defence, considering it was the first time they'd played together, were top class. Had the best chance for a goal. No complaints.

Really looking forward to next Thursday, should be a good night.

Cracking results and performances, IMO - though Obertan was quite sloppy when in possession. Everything to play for next week - but we must be careful, as these are still a very dangerous side.

Don't know if he was just me, but did I hear monkey noises every time one of our black lads touched the ball? ???

What? :lol: just my opinion  :D also i realise it wasn't that hard  :lol:

Edit: Its the Pards speak isn't :lol:

Guest bimpy474

What? :lol: just my opinion  :D also i realise it wasn't that hard  :lol:

Edit: Its the Pards speak isn't :lol:

Pards lite i shall now refer to you as :lol:

Shit game but we're in it for the return leg, can't really ask for much more after an away leg in the Soviet Union. Howay United!

Benefitting massively from Willian going off early doors, they missed a link man massively.