Manchester City vs Newcastle United - 30/03/13 @ 3pm (not on TV)

bowlingcrofty

Guest icemanblue

Marveaux being saved for Thursday I assume. Shola not on the bench either

Yep.

Can you sticky this post please, Dave? :lol:

Despite not exactly being Jonas Obertan does put in more effort than Marveaux and City will dominate.

No problem with the line up, actually surprised at how attacking it is. Could have easily gone with Perch in defence and Jonas as another defence minded midfielder.

Guest bimpy474

#NUFC (4-2-3-1) v #MCFC: Elliot; Simpson, S.Taylor, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gutierrez; Anita, Cabaye ©; Obertan, Sissoko, Gouffran; Cisse. #BPL

What on earth is the BPL?

Barclays Premier League.

#NUFC (4-2-3-1) v #MCFC: Elliot; Simpson, S.Taylor, Yanga-Mbiwa, Gutierrez; Anita, Cabaye ©; Obertan, Sissoko, Gouffran; Cisse. #BPL

Barclays Premya Leeg

Despite not exactly being Jonas Obertan does put in more effort than Marveaux and City will dominate.

No problem with the line up, actually surprised at how attacking it is. Could have easily gone with Perch in defence and Jonas as another defence minded midfielder.

He doesn't at all.

Lost track of the amount of injuries we have, anyone know when Santon, Debuchy, Colo, Krul and Tiote are supposed to be back?

I presume Colo and Krul should be back in a couple of weeks, what about the others?

Guest bimpy474

Obertan. :anguish:

Can see why Pardew wants to play him away to these due to his pace on the counter but he's had far too many chances for me now.

Spot on, he's hopeless and so far from good enough at this level as you can get.

Yeah imagine Marv saved for thursday, that's our priority, this game go all out counterattacking

Yet Sissoko, Cisse, Saylor, Mbiwa, Cabaye, Anita and Jonas aren't ?

I'm not having that.

Look at Marveaux's fitness record. It's better now than it has been but why risk him here when we're going to chasing the ball all afternoon?

Lost track of the amount of injuries we have, anyone know when Santon, Debuchy, Colo, Krul and Tiote are supposed to be back?

I presume Colo and Krul should be back in a couple of weeks, what about the others?

Try nufc.com - they're usually reasonably accurate

He doesn't at all.

Imo he does but each to their own.

Guest Roger Kint

Blame Pardew Lads

He doesn't at all.

Imo he does but each to their own.

I know it's only one example but can't remember the last time I was so infuriated by one of our attacking players work-rate as Obertan's away at Spurs last season when we got hammered. :angry:

Guest bimpy474

Yeah imagine Marv saved for thursday, that's our priority, this game go all out counterattacking

I'm not having that.

Look at Marveaux's fitness record. It's better now than it has been but why risk him here when we're going to chasing the ball all afternoon?

Sissoko has looked knackered is his last couple of games for us, why not rest him.

As for Marv's injury record, how far do you go to protect him then. If he's fit he plays 100 times out of 100 ahead of Obertan.

Guest icemanblue

He doesn't at all.

Nah, not at all. Nowadays, Marv is on a different level for chasing. Can't wait to see Gabriel back heel a first time pass to avoid beig clattered, then stand with his hands on his hips as the opposition break. :anguish:

I'm not having that.

Sissoko has looked knackered is his last couple of games for us, why not rest him.

As for Marv's injury record, how far do you go to protect him then. If he's fit he plays 100 times out of 100 ahead of Obertan.

When we have a Quarter Final in 5 days, I think he's worth protecting. Sissoko runs and commits people, which will be useful on the counter. Marveaux is more of a "foot on the ball" type of player which won't be tremendously useful today as we'll rarely have enough men forward to make it count.