Alan Pardew

Mike

'I came up against this subject many times,' added Wenger. 'You cannot want to be the best league in the world and close the borders, because then you're not. So you have to find a good mixture. I think the good mixture is to produce the players from your own academies and buy top, top, top class players.

Oh and the knock out blow, wait for it dickheads:

“The difference between Arsenal today and my generation is that we had a backbone of English players,” said Pires.

“I’ve said this for years. Arsenal’s identity during the time they still won trophies was that spine of Englishmen.

“During my time they had Tony Adams, Martin Keown, David Seaman, Lee Dixon, Ray Parlour and Nigel Winterburn – all very important players.

“Our strength was the mixture of Englishmen and talented arrivals from Europe.

“Now the club has some very good youngsters but they still lack experience.

“To my mind the only solution for Arsenal is to buy some English players.

“Arsene Wenger has talented players, but the team lacks a solid base.

“I think it would do Arsenal good to rediscover some of the identity they had in the past.”

Wenger, being the very successful manager is right. He has always said you have to have players from the academy, or at least players that have been at the club a long time. That is a totally different thing to attributing attributes to a nationality and thinking buying that nationality is a solution. Organically building a team slowly with an engrained style of play, is certainly something that is beneficial. That is the reason he is turning to British players now as he said recently he thinks he has a better chance of holding onto them long-term instead of losing key players every season in their current run on the ladder.

Pires the flair player who has yet to coach or manage has less of a clue. To say they should just buy some English players and expect it to fix all their problems is moronic.

He has more of a clue than you or I, since he's played football at the highest level and was involved in said successful Arsenal team.

Or do you think that much of your own opinion you put it above his on this subject?

Don't be daft. You know as well as anybody that there are plenty of ex-pros who talk rubbish as much as there are that talk sense. I'm sure there are plenty of occasions where somebody in the game has said something you vehemently disagree with but you don't disregard your own opinion and fall in line with theirs just because they played the game. If you're going to go down the route of your last post then that's what you're saying you will always do from now on.

He's (Pires) talking drivvle, you can't just plug some English players into the Arsenal team and expect to turn into title challengers. They lack top quality players all over the park and they lack top level personalities too. If they shoved Gareth Barry, Gary Cahill and Ashley Young into the team it's more likely to drag them further towards the Europa League spots.

There is merit for having a bunch of local players who have grown up together, know each other and have been imbedded into a club's philosphy over a number of years. That goes without saying regardless of their nationality and that's the benefits the great clubs have because they have the set-up, financial power and the engrained philosophy (Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern etc) to do so. That's closer to what Wenger has referred to in the past and what he tried to do as soon as he went to Arsenal, unfortunately they haven't seen much of a return on the investment until Wilshere came along.

FWIW,  a year or so after taking over at Arsenal, Wenger said "I will always have an English spine to the team". Fact.

Funny thing about Wenger ever since he tried to bring more British players through his team they stopped winning things

it's Adrian Durham, therefore it must be discredited and all evidence of it ever appearing anywhere must be destroyed.

Durham is the biggest jerk in the whole football media world - this is the ONLY time I have agreed with anything he said and even then, his reasoning is way out.

Complete tosser who usually hasn't a good word to say about NUFC or its fans.

Guest bimpy474

'language barrier'.

What absolute horse plop. Where in any of these articles is the coverage of Pardew's shit football and tactics.

We are 17th because of his shit football philosophy, his dumb team selections, his inability to get the best of of the players, the inept set penises and his ridiculously negative approach to every game.

Oh aye because some of the lads can't say, where's me washboard in a cockerny accent.

What a load of utter bollocks.

'language barrier'.

What absolute horse plop. Where in any of these articles is the coverage of Pardew's shit football and tactics.

We are 17th because of his shit football philosophy, his dumb team selections, his inability to get the best of of the players, the inept set penises and his ridiculously negative approach to every game.

Oh aye because some of the lads can't say, where's me washboard in a cockerny accent.

What a load of utter bollocks.

To be fair, I'm English and I don't get the "we wuz playing well until we stopped being a frett" shite either. Grammatically or otherwise.

Guest neesy111

We could do with a haspardewbeensackedyet.com website similar to the Thatcher one.

I was thinking of buying it yesterday.  :undecided:

Alan Pardew is battling revive group of moaning players including stand in skipper Yohan Cabaye.

This is a sentence from a national newspaper website.

It's not going to happen. The harm is well and truly done. He needs to fuck off.

Guest icemanblue

Alan Pardew is battling revive group of moaning players including stand in skipper Yohan Cabaye.

It's not going to happen. The harm is well and truly done. He needs to fuck off.

:lol: The sentence is his fault as well, Ian. I think that's what Mr. taxfree is trying to say.

Guest neesy111

Even I noticed it straight away when reading it, it was that bad.

It's not going to happen. The harm is well and truly done. He needs to f*** off.

:lol: The sentence is his fault as well, Ian. I think that's what Mr. taxfree is trying to say.

Wow. You really are pretty tedious.

BJFuB5-CIAMRCXe.jpg:large

The way some people talk, they expect the squad to be challenging for Europe again, it's nowhere near that level.

Neesy, give it a rest man. I'm sick of seeing you bang this drum in every thread. We get it, you think some people over rate the squad. We're not talking about that anymore, we're talking about being 17th with 3 games to go, we shouldn't be anywhere near this position.

The way some people talk, they expect the squad to be challenging for Europe again, it's nowhere near that level.

Neesy, give it a rest man. I'm sick of seeing you bang this drum in every thread. We get it, you think some people over rate the squad. We're not talking about that anymore, we're talking about being 17th with 3 games to go, we shouldn't be anywhere near this position.

Lol wasn't that long ago when people here were mocked for wanting to play like Swansea , last season we saw what was coming ahead.

What we wouldn't give to be where they are now.

One of the biggest problems on Saturday wasn't the spineless display, it was the total disorganisation of the midfield. Perch, Cabaye, Tiote and Jonas hardly lack experience in the Premier yet they were leaving huge holes for Liverpool to run through. It's got nothing to do with spine, it's how Pardew sets the sodding formation up, and it's the same problem we've had since this clown has been in charge.

Guest icemanblue

That penny is going to be falling for a good while yet, it seems.

This is irony, right?  :lol:

Ouch. Should have added a disclaimer that the post was to be read in context, not isolation. :lol: