Alan Pardew

Mike

QPR is going to be fun to watch, seeing us do a complete 180 on our approach to matches and go all out to win. Yes, that will definitely happen.

Yeah exactly.  We can bank on us getting the 3 points there FFS.

Of course I hope it happens and it might happen, but if it doesn't then we'll be looking at games like today and wondering why we didn't try to win.

At least there's no away goals excuse this time. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

QPR is going to be fun to watch, seeing us do a complete 180 on our approach to matches and go all out to win. Yes, that will definitely happen.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/nevermind/grand/nevermind-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-214.gif

Sorry to butt in but how can you possibly be more optimistic now we're staring down a barrel?? Yes we could have scored two but were it not for some desperate last ditch defending we could have easily let in 3 or more. We defended better to a point and kept Wham at bay for the most of the match. However we were bereft of ideas going forward and our goal scoring record is abysmal!

Come Wednesday we may very well find ourselves in 18th and now looking to other teams to do us a favour, we could have put this to bed and put the pressure on other teams by setting the benchmark. But he'll no, Pardew shuts up fucking shop just after the hour "oh it's ok we can go to qpr and get the win a draw will do" will it fuck!! We are now royally screwed.

A result at wham would have put us with a little daylight between us and 18th however now the pressure is on us to get a win and nothing else. That pressure is too much for some to handle and could have been avoided, we've been far too casual in our approach and its going to bite us on the ass.

So although I can't say you don't feel more confident as that is you prerogative I can say that I agree you must be delusional for feeling that and believing we are in some way in better shape than before. The wheels have come off for sure and it's 1 step forward and two steps back today. We undoubtedly are going to need some kind of result at home to Arsenal and no team in the premiership would be happy with that!

:thup: Well said, exactly what I was getting at.  And you're right about us nearly conceding a few times in the last half hour too.

It doesn't p*ss me off when people have a different opinion to me, it pisses me off when people are so gleefully oblivious to the glaringly obvious.

We're in a worse position now than we were this morning.  I'm not sure how that can be disputed.

A draw would only have been an OK result today only if Wigan didn't win.  As it stands, we've put all of our eggs in one basket, i.e. winning only our 2nd away game in an entire season.  We could have made it a lot easier for ourselves today but we took our only 2 dynamic players off, a decision you've backed.

You must have huge confidence in Swansea on Tuesday or us against QPR next week.  I'm honestly still struggling to see why you're more optimistic after today.

The thing that is pissing me off is that we might need to beat QPR to get out of the bottom 3, not stay up.  We might have to beat QPR to get out of the bottom 3 then beat Arsenal to stay up and I can't see that series of results.

For everyone gutted about the point, if we'd have 'gone for it', how would you have felt if we'd lost today?

I know you're not a fan but that's like Pardew-speak. This idea that you can only win a game by going gung-ho.

A Premier League team should be quite capable of both attempting to win and attempting not to concede at the same time. :lol:

'What have you learnt about yourserlf Alan'

'Im disappointed with some of the press pack'

:lol:

The man's so thick skinned it's like rubber, even the least intrusive question just bounces off him!

Guest bimpy474

'What have you learnt about yourserlf Alan'

'Im disappointed with some of the press pack'

:lol:

The man's so thick skinned it's like rubber, even the least intrusive question just bounces off him!

I think he's just thick tbh.

For everyone gutted about the point, if we'd have 'gone for it', how would you have felt if we'd lost today?

I know you're not a fan but that's like Pardew-speak. This idea that you can only win a game by going gung-ho.

A Premier League team should be quite capable of both attempting to win and attempting not to concede at the same time. :lol:

Aye, I'm fully aware it's possible, but we've only ever had one setting when attacking while he's been in charge. I have no faith in him going for it to be honest, he just makes so many mistakes.

We'll not be able to answer that for another couple of weeks.

It's that fucking black and white, isn't it.  It's that cut and dry.

FFS man, we invited pressure on ourselves after 60 minutes by removing our only 2 attacking outlets from the pitch.  We actually risked losing more by going defensive than we would have done by plugging away in a similar vein to what we had been doing.  This is a recurring theme this season.

A more pressing issue is that it's clear as day that when one of our players has the ball then the rest become statues, and that's a sad indictment of our coaching.

Guest icemanblue

Fuck me, man. I can't possibly feel more optimistic, even though we've kept a clean sheet after conceding 9 goals in two games, have our captain back, and our best player able to start games... Actually, fuck this, I don't need to justify an actual real life gut feeling to some fucking sad sacks on the Internet. Good grief. :lol:

Watch out, he's having a paddy and being totally unreasonable.

If today left you more optimistic than you were yesterday then they need to bottle your dna up and sell it. Call it something like Delusion.

I assume that was typed out whilst winking to the camera?

If its delusion, it's delusion. Why shouldn't I say it how it is, though? Because you, and others, don't feel the same? I was at Liverpool, and that was almost the lowest I've ever felt as a Newcastle supporter. Because of that game, completely in isolation, I was worried we had nearly no chance of putting any more points on the board. However, today we have. We showed some spirit again, had a relatively steady looking defence and pace going forward. We probably should have scored two goals. Is it so entirely unreasonable to be encouraged by that? So much so, that I'm open to ridicule? We're not down. In fact, it's still entirely in our hands, even if two wins out of two is massively unlikely with the man in charge.

OK listen, I'll tell you why I've got such a problem with what you've said.

As I understand it, what you've said is that you are more confident and optimistic about us staying up now than what you were this morning.

Last week and also this morning, lots of people have asked me whether I thought we'd go down.  I've been saying that I don't know, that I'm 50-50 and that it's probably more dependent on Wigan than us at present because you can't rely on us to win a game away from home, and the way we're playing the Arsenal game's a write-off.

Today we drew 0-0 in a game we really could have done with winning.  The manner of it sticks in the throat for me.  We settled for a draw after an hour as if we had the luxury of picking and choosing where we get our points.  But that's another story I suppose.

Even more importantly Wigan won at West Brom.  Sunderland are likely to get a result at home to Stoke tomorrow.

So Inochi.  If Sunderland get a draw or better and Wigan win on Tuesday we're in the bottom 3.  I had nightmares about Wigan winning today and us not winning our game because it puts us in an infinitely worse position than when the games kicked off. 

And you're more optimistic?  It pisses me off if I'm honest.  It's unreal.  I can't believe what I'm reading.

So, in essence, it pisses you off because you don't agree or feel the same way. That's alright. I don't understand why my opinion would piss you off, at all, but it's not my problem. If you'd asked me this morning if I'd take a point, I'd have said 'aye, gan on then'. I don't disagree that other results have went the worst possible way they could have and, if Wigan and Sunderland win, I'll be back to square one. But, those games haven't been decided yet. It's always been the case that we need to do our bit to negate those results. I'm repeating myself, but that's largely still the case. So, at this point in time, I am a little more optimistic than I was before the game.

I admitted that it was an odd reaction to the game, but I'm not saying anyone else is wrong.

It doesn't piss me off when people have a different opinion to me, it pisses me off when people are so gleefully oblivious to the glaringly obvious.

We're in a worse position now than we were this morning.  I'm not sure how that can be disputed.

A draw would only have been an OK result today only if Wigan didn't win.  As it stands, we've put all of our eggs in one basket, i.e. winning only our 2nd away game in an entire season.  We could have made it a lot easier for ourselves today but we took our only 2 dynamic players off, a decision you've backed.

You must have huge confidence in Swansea on Tuesday or us against QPR next week.  I'm honestly still struggling to see why you're more optimistic after today.

We're going round in circles here, like. Nothing you've said there is news to me. Well, except for me backing the substitutions. I've said I understand why Hatem was taken off and stand by it, but I've not mentioned Gouffran. I know he was cramping up but, if we has done for, I'd have went for Anita before I'd even made eye contact with Gosling.

I don't have any confidence in other team's results. After the last couple months, that'd be foolish in the extreme. But, as I've said, they're not decided yet.

Exactly, we looked least likely to concede when we were turning the screw and pushing them back. Wham are one of the least likely teams to hit you on a break and rely on peppering the penalty area with crosses and feeding off scraps.

Guest bimpy474

Exactly, we looked least likely to concede when we were turning the screw and pushing them back. Wham are one of the least likely teams to hit you on a break and rely on peppering the penalty area with crosses and feeding off scraps.

Exactly right, which makes the tactical decision to sit back even more ridiculous than it was. He just doesn't read games at all, for all his spew about studing the opposition he does a shit job of implimenting it.

Exactly right, which makes the tactical decision to sit back even more ridiculous than it was. He just doesn't read games at all, for all his spew about studing the opposition he does a shit job of implimenting it.

Aye. Defend in our own box against a team whose main attacking ploy is whacking high balls into a crowded area. :lol:

FFS.

Guest bimpy474

Aye. Defend in our own box against a team whose main attacking ploy is whacking high balls into a crowded area. :lol:

FFS.

Last week was, high line without pressing against a pacey Liverpool frontline.

He's a fecking genius is Pardew.

It's that f***ing black and white, isn't it.  It's that cut and dry.

FFS man, we invited pressure on ourselves after 60 minutes by removing our only 2 attacking outlets from the pitch.  We actually risked losing more by going defensive than we would have done by plugging away in a similar vein to what we had been doing.  This is a recurring theme this season.

A more pressing issue is that it's clear as day that when one of our players has the ball then the rest become statues, and that's a sad indictment of our coaching.

I'm afraid under Pardew, it really is that black and white. The man has no game plan, we've seen him just chuck on a load of strikers to try and get goals back, he has no method. I honestly believe that he has FIFA-esque settings and that's it. I think if we'd have been more attacking by his standards, we'd not have gained that point today.

Fuck me, man. I can't possibly feel more optimistic, even though we've kept a clean sheet after conceding 9 goals in two games, have our captain back, and our best player able to start games... Actually, fuck this, I don't need to justify an actual real life gut feeling to some fucking sad sacks on the Internet. Good grief. :lol:

If today left you more optimistic than you were yesterday then they need to bottle your dna up and sell it. Call it something like Delusion.

If its delusion, it's delusion. Why shouldn't I say it how it is, though? Because you, and others, don't feel the same? I was at Liverpool, and that was almost the lowest I've ever felt as a Newcastle supporter. Because of that game, completely in isolation, I was worried we had nearly no chance of putting any more points on the board. However, today we have. We showed some spirit again, had a relatively steady looking defence and pace going forward. We probably should have scored two goals. Is it so entirely unreasonable to be encouraged by that? So much so, that I'm open to ridicule? We're not down. In fact, it's still entirely in our hands, even if two wins out of two is massively unlikely with the man in charge.

As I understand it, what you've said is that you are more confident and optimistic about us staying up now than what you were this morning.

Last week and also this morning, lots of people have asked me whether I thought we'd go down.  I've been saying that I don't know, that I'm 50-50 and that it's probably more dependent on Wigan than us at present because you can't rely on us to win a game away from home, and the way we're playing the Arsenal game's a write-off.

Today we drew 0-0 in a game we really could have done with winning.  The manner of it sticks in the throat for me.  We settled for a draw after an hour as if we had the luxury of picking and choosing where we get our points.  But that's another story I suppose.

Even more importantly Wigan won at West Brom.  Sunderland are likely to get a result at home to Stoke tomorrow.

So Inochi.  If Sunderland get a draw or better and Wigan win on Tuesday we're in the bottom 3.  I had nightmares about Wigan winning today and us not winning our game because it puts us in an infinitely worse position than when the games kicked off. 

And you're more optimistic?  It pisses me off if I'm honest.  It's unreal.  I can't believe what I'm reading.

So, in essence, it pisses you off because you don't agree or feel the same way. That's alright. I don't understand why my opinion would piss you off, at all, but it's not my problem. If you'd asked me this morning if I'd take a point, I'd have said 'aye, gan on then'. I don't disagree that other results have went the worst possible way they could have and, if Wigan and Sunderland win, I'll be back to square one. But, those games haven't been decided yet. It's always been the case that we need to do our bit to negate those results. I'm repeating myself, but that's largely still the case. So, at this point in time, I am a little more optimistic than I was before the game.

I admitted that it was an odd reaction to the game, but I'm not saying anyone else is wrong.

It doesn't piss me off when people have a different opinion to me, it pisses me off when people are so gleefully oblivious to the glaringly obvious.

We're going round in circles here, like. Nothing you've said there is news to me. Well, except for me backing the substitutions. I've said I understand why Hatem was taken off and stand by it, but I've not mentioned Gouffran. I know he was cramping up but, if we has done for, I'd have went for Anita before I'd even made eye contact with Gosling.

I don't have any confidence in other team's results. After the last couple months, that'd be foolish in the extreme. But, as I've said, they're not decided yet.

How are we going around in circles?  I'm saying I'm amazed you're more confident we'll not get relegated after today and you're just giving me a load of waffle with no justification for such an insane point of view.  Honestly, I can't see where you're coming from whatsoever.

It's that f***ing black and white, isn't it.  It's that cut and dry.

I'm afraid under Pardew, it really is that black and white. The man has no game plan, we've seen him just chuck on a load of strikers to try and get goals back, he has no method. I honestly believe that he has FIFA-esque settings and that's it. I think if we'd have been more attacking by his standards, we'd not have gained that point today.

You give him too much credit, I'd say more Pro Evo.

Guest icemanblue

How are we going around in circles?  I'm saying I'm amazed you're more confident we'll not get relegated after today and you're just giving me a load of waffle with no justification for such an insane point of view.  Honestly, I can't see where you're coming from whatsoever.

Er... :lol:

You think my opinion and justifications are 'a load of waffle', that's fine, but there's no reason for you to say I'm not giving any. They work for me, but don't fit your way of thinking. That's cool, man, we're never going to agree on this.