Alan Pardew

Mike

He's got that Fulham team under-performing, they should be nowhere near the relegation scrap and have been on some woeful runs of form. I'd still take him (and see him as an upgrade) but would ultimately think he's still not good enough.

Disagree, outside of Berbatov and Ruiz its worse than Norwich. Extremely poor set of players.

Considering we're not going to replace Pardew, I really hope he learns some lessons from this season. That's the minimum requirement for me, I don't want to see us continuing this negative football into next year. It doesn't work. The club need to back him properly in the summer too; no key sales and investment is required. Players that suit the manager for a change.

Considering we're not going to replace Pardew, I really hope he learns some lessons from this season. That's the minimum requirement for me, I don't want to see us continuing this negative football into next year. It doesn't work. The club need to back him properly in the summer too; no key sales and investment is required. Players that suit the manager for a change.

Why do you keep saying this with certainty?

It's my opinion. He has a long contract, and there's no indication that we're going to sack him despite many on here desperately trying to convince themselves otherwise.

It's my opinion. He has a long contract, and there's no indication that we're going to sack him despite many on here desperately trying to convince themselves otherwise.

I think that's a bit harsh tbh, we're all double-guessing the owner and my personal view is that he'll not accept this awful season for the sake of not looking stupid because of the long contract the manager's on.  The 8 year contract seems just as flaky a justification as an instinct that the owner will be ruthless in this situation.

As for no indication for him being sacked, there very often isn't much indication that a manager will be sacked before it happens.

Pardew doesn't even know what he's doing, so how can he learn from it?

Genuinely think he just puts the players out there and hopes they pull something out of the bag.

If we're struggling to string stuff together he then orders the long direct ball.

He's an absolute chump.

I think that's a bit harsh tbh, we're all double-guessing the owner and my personal view is that he'll not accept this awful season for the sake of not looking stupid because of the long contract the manager's on.  The 8 year contract seems just as flaky a justification as an instinct that the owner will be ruthless in this situation.

As for no indication for him being sacked, there very often isn't much indication that a manager will be sacked before it happens.

Absolutely. No-one knew Adkins would be sacked and no-one knew Fergie was retiring. Things just happen out of the blue. Pardew will be gone. There's a bad season then there's what's happened this season.

Absolutely. No-one knew Adkins would be sacked and no-one knew Fergie was retiring. Things just happen out of the blue. Pardew will be gone. There's a bad season then there's what's happened this season.

but both times, research had been done and suitable replacements ready to step in within a week or so

but both times, research had been done and suitable replacements ready to step in within a week or so

That has nothing to do with the original point. No-one outside the board rooms saw those decisions coming. They just happened.

It'll happen out of the blue, but you're confidently predicting it? :lol:

Why would he not accept it? That suggests the ambition is much greater than simply being in the division to reap the large rewards of the new TV deal. We could quite easily end up finishing 11th or 12th. I don't believe for one second that that would be bad enough to sack him. By all accounts there will be a review in the summer and I'm 100% sure that he will be told not to have us this close to disaster next season. Beyond that though, I think he'll stay.

With regards to indication of sacking, whilst I agree that it sometimes comes as a surprise it much more often than not is leaked in the media by someone at some stage. That's the the polar opposite of what we've had with Pardew. Virtually every report on Pardew's future so far suggests they still believe in him. Ashley and Llambias think they're cleverer than anyone else, remember.

Guest Dontooner

I picked Jol name out because he was affordable and like technical players.

Going to be bashed for this but i have my doubts on Laudrup due to it being his 1st season and the possibility of Rogers practices still in place.

Also like the look of Steve Clarke's West Brom team, their movement and passing is quite unpredictable.

Out of Jol, Laudrup , Clarke and Martinez , i would still probably pick Jol due to his track record and his ability to work with technical players. Only reason why Duff was shit for us back then and look thrice the player at Fulham is because of Jol , not mentioning the fact Duff is much older now.

I would like to reach for the stars as well, if we could afford Rafa or Manuel Pellegrini types of managers, i would be more the stars.

Any of those managers mention above is a massive upgrade from Pardew, they would fit the style of the players we are trying to acquire.

It'll happen out of the blue, but you're confidently predicting it? :lol:

It's not that out of the blue to be fair. He's been under pressure for a long time now.

That has nothing to do with the original point. No-one outside the board rooms saw those decisions coming. They just happened.

no what I meant was that this has been on the cards for a while and I hope Ashley has a plan , rather than just sacking pardew and seeing who he can get. I know it will depend on safety as to who we could attract, but wouldn't want to go weeks without a replacement. need to show the players we have a plan, and that its a good one.

Can you reconcile one with the other?

As an example, buying Andy Carroll would suit the manager.

As an example, buying Andy Carroll would suit the manager.

We can't afford...or at least won't be willing to pay the required money to get him.