Alan Pardew

Mike

This Fergie retirement coming at the worst possible time. Our thick owners will be using his early years as the perfect excuse to keep him. Then there's Moyes hitting the headlines. His own early years of challenging for Europe then a relegation battle. So fuckin depressing.

Or this is random conjecture and the retirement of Alex Ferguson will have absolutely no effect on the management situation at Newcastle United. Don't be depressed.

We're talking about Llambais here. He appointed Kinnear and Pardew. Fuck knows what's behind his reasoning.

I think ultimately its also down to the availability of cheap managers that could be employed too, if a better manager say Jol, Martinez etc or someone they can afford becomes available , i think they would consider Fraud Pardew's position.

Jol or Martinez would be the very definition of a sideways step.

I think ultimately its also down to the availability of cheap managers that could be employed too, if a better manager say Jol, Martinez etc or someone they can afford becomes available , i think they would consider Fraud Pardew's position.

Jol wouldn't be a sideways step from Pardew like, no chance.

He would. Plays dour, long ball football, his teams are prone to collapse and loves a midfield clogger. Gosling would get game time like, so every cloud.

He would. Plays dour, long ball football, his teams are prone to collapse and loves a midfield clogger. Gosling would get game time like, so every cloud.

I disagree, I think his Spurs team played good stuff and Fulham aren't bad to watch either.  Did a terrific job at Spurs after they'd been a midtable side as long as I could remember.  He's streets ahead of Pardew in terms of playing style and achievements, it would be far from a sideways step to bring him in.

I disagree, I think his Spurs team played good stuff and Fulham aren't bad to watch either.  Did a terrific job at Spurs after they'd been a midtable side as long as I could remember.  He's streets ahead of Pardew in terms of playing style and achievements, it would be far from a sideways step to bring him in.

Fulham play the second highest number of long balls in the league (guess who's first?). I've watched them a few times this season and they're dire, no more exciting than ourselves or Stoke in spite of the combined genius of Berbatov and Ruiz. They could still go down too. I don't know which Fulham you've watched.

Pardew's shit, but if we're going to sack him let's set our sights a little higher than Jol.

Guest neesy111

Fulham play the second highest number of long balls in the league (guess who's first?). I've watched them a few times this season and they're dire, no more exciting than ourselves or Stoke in spite of the combined genius of Berbatov and Ruiz. They could still go down too. I don't know which Fulham you've watched.

Pardew's shit, but if we're going to sack him let's set our sights a little higher than Jol.

:thup:

Guest firetotheworks

No one is a sideway step from Pardew that is inconceivable. A turd would be an up way step..

Let's not be silly, it detracts from the serious discussion that sometimes threatens to breakout.

It's funny because I read that, looked to the left and saw 'Cock p*ss Pardew' :lol:

I can't say I watch a lot of Fulham if I'm honest, I've seen them a few times this season and been vaguely entertained but perhaps that's partly down to their flair players as you imply.  There's no way they're as bad as us or Stoke to watch though, I'm not having that.  Plus their personnel is nowhere near as good or technical or suited to a passing game as ours, so perhaps he's making the best of his limited resources.

I do remember quite well the job he did at Spurs though when he had some good players (a luxury his predecessors had done nothing to utilise, save for the odd cup run) and they played some great stuff and placed highly in the league.  Thought it was incredibly harsh when he was sacked and so it proved when Spurs' unravelled when they appointed Ramos.  He was doing a good job with the players available to him.  And I doubt he was playing hoofball at Hamburg or Ajax.

Give Jol our squad to work with and a few additions so he can stamp his mark and I think he'd do an excellent job.