Alan Pardew

Mike

. There is no other logical reason. He certainly deserved to be sacked.

thats your opinion but ... Pardew got a clean sweep of the 'Manager of the Year' awards 12 months before ... and Ashley probably realises he didn't fund (aside from Anita) transfers last summer, so, since we weren't relegated, is willing to give him another chance to prove himself.

Pardew had a disappointing season and didn't meet his targets. He overachieved on his targets the previous year, giving himself a little extra breathing space. If he had got us relegated he deserved to be sacked. Since he didn't (just...) he deserves another shot, but if Oct/Nov we really look like its another season of battling relegation, I'm expect Ashley will sack him

There has to be a little loyalty, a little long-term thinking and continuity ... Or, we are like Chelsea (the most successful Premiership club in the last 10 years) changing manager every season. Ok by me, if we invest in bringing in managers that are probably in the top 5 (or at least 10) in the world, as Chelsea tend to (not always with Grant and Di Matteo, I admit)

You're off your rocker if you're being serious there like.

Well you dont have to be a genius to understand that this is what the business model is for Ashley. The objective is to keep the squad good enough to stay in the league, not reach for Europe. We got lucky (probably unlucky if you ask Ashley) one season but can't see that happening again in the near future.

Why we haven't sold more players is probably because there hasn't been good enough offers. When an offer like that comes in for Cabaye, Krul or anyone they'll be gone.

thats your opinion but ... Pardew got a clean sweep of the 'Manager of the Year' awards 12 months before ... and Ashley probably realises he didn't fund (aside from Anita) transfers last summer, so, since we weren't relegated, is willing to give him another chance to prove himself.

Pardew had a disappointing season and didn't meet his targets. He overachieved on his targets the previous year, giving himself a little extra breathing space. If he had got us relegated he deserved to be sacked. Since he didn't (just...) he deserves another shot, but if Oct/Nov we really look like its another season of battling relegation, I'm expect Ashley will sack him

There has to be a little loyalty, a little long-term thinking and continuity ... Or, we are like Chelsea (the most successful Premiership club in the last 10 years) changing manager every season. Ok by me, if we invest in bringing in managers that are probably in the top 5 (or at least 10) in the world, as Chelsea tend to (not always with Grant and Di Matteo, I admit)

Not much wrong with that IMO, Pardew earned a bit of leeway because of his previous good season. Don't see how that's crazy at all.

if you think I'm off my rocker, fine ...

I don't think Pardew is the complete disaster most of here seem to think. I don't think he'll get us relegated. On the other hand, I don't think due to the previous excellent season that he's a fantastic manager who will get us consistently in the top 6/europe.

I don't think he's the biggest problem.

Fans and Ashley have different criteria for success. If according to Ashley, the aim is top 10, I think Pardew can get us there next season (if we bring in at least another striker, and have a bit more luck on injuries) - we used all our luck the season we got fifth, and had lots of bad luck last year.

Look, I would love to replace Pardew (not personally... well, actually...) but with someone more likely to succeed - and that will cost more. Ashley isn't going to fund it (concretely, I would have loved it if we took Benitez when Chelsea discarded him ...  ), so lets get behind Pardew as the best option available. I was gutted, when Pardew replaced Houghton (was convinced we would go down that season) but so far, its been ...average. So good (some fantastic, the season we finished fifth was one of the most enjoyable for what, a decade?) some mediocre (or worse) - especially the 0-10 of the last three home games  - but I would honestly give him a couple of months this season to see if he can turn it around.

I don't think Pardew is the complete disaster most of here seem to think. I don't think he'll get us relegated. On the other hand, I don't think due to the previous excellent season that he's a fantastic manager who will get us consistently in the top 6/europe.

Fans and Ashley have different criteria for success. If according to Ashley, the aim is top 10, I think Pardew can get us there next season (if we bring in at least another striker, and have a bit more luck on injuries) - we used all our luck the season we got fifth, and had lots of bad luck last year.

Look, I would love to replace Pardew (not personally... well, actually...) but with someone more likely to succeed - and that will cost more. Ashley isn't going to fund it (concretely, I would have loved it if we took Benitez when Chelsea discarded him ...  ), so lets get behind Pardew as the best option available. I was gutted, when Pardew replaced Houghton (was convinced we would go down that season) but so far, its been ...average. So good (some fantastic, the season we finished fifth was one of the most enjoyable for what, a decade?) some mediocre (or worse) - especially the 0-10 of the last three home games  - but I would honestly give him a couple of months this season to see if he can turn it around.

Just as a heads up, nobody is interested in hearing this argument!

Not much wrong with that IMO, Pardew earned a bit of leeway because of his previous good season. Don't see how that's crazy at all.

So you think that's OK, but that we should ignore his previous record of flopping at other clubs...?

Seems a bit selective to me.....

Guest bimpy474

Pardew gots us playing awful football, he's proven to be tactically inept, absolutely clueless at what to do when it's not going the way he needs it too, he picked players that were so out of form it was embarrassing. He lies, and in that he thinks we are dumb and he can pull the wool over our eyes. And he couldn't get the team fired up, the performances against Sunderland and Liverpool were so bad they deserved the sack on their own. He constantly talks the team down, as if we are some sort of small team like Wigan.

In saying that, as much as it pains me he will have my backing for the start of the season, in the hope he can prove he isn't a complete idiot (As soon as you see Jonas lined up against Man City he will prove what an idiot he is).

But the one thing he doesn't deserve is another go, last season had a plethora of reasons, far more than finishing 5th as a reason to be given more time.

Guest bimpy474

Just as a heads up, nobody is interested in hearing this argument!

That's because it's bollocks.

Pardew gots us playing awful football, he's proven to be tactically inept, absolutely clueless at what to do when it's not going the way he needs it too, he picked players that were so out of form it was embarrassing. He lies, and in that he thinks we are dumb and he can pull the wool over our eyes. And he couldn't get the team fired up, the performances against Sunderland and Liverpool were so bad they deserved the sack on their own. He constantly talks the team down, as if we are some sort of small team like Wigan.

In saying that, as much as it pains me he will have my backing for the start of the season, in the hope he can prove he isn't a complete idiot (As soon as you see Jonas lined up against Man City he will prove what an idiot he is).

But the one thing he doesn't deserve is another go, last season had a plethora of reasons, far more than finishing 5th as a reason to be given more time.

Odd given that the plethora of posts on here that have been very much to the opposite of that statement after every pre-season game to date.

Guest bimpy474

Odd given that the plethora of posts on here that have been very much to the opposite of that statement after every pre-season game to date.

Well he's the manager and i support Newcastle Utd. As much as i think he's cack, the team comes first. I would rather he proved me wrong and we did well, than prove me right and we did terrible.

Guest icemanblue

:lol: Aye.

Guest bimpy474

:lol: Aye.

Oh here's my fan, hello  :hello:

pardew is f***ing awful man

good debate

:lol: ok then

Look, I would love to replace Pardew (not personally... well, actually...) but with someone more likely to succeed - and that will cost more. Ashley isn't going to fund it (concretely, I would have loved it if we took Benitez when Chelsea discarded him ...  ), so lets get behind Pardew as the best option available. I was gutted, when Pardew replaced Houghton (was convinced we would go down that season) but so far, its been ...average. So good (some fantastic, the season we finished fifth was one of the most enjoyable for what, a decade?) some mediocre (or worse) - especially the 0-10 of the last three home games - but I would honestly give him a couple of months this season to see if he can turn it around.

see all of my bolded points in succession:

1. he came very close last season and has previous for it

2. he's clearly the biggest problem in getting the current group of players we have to play football

3. i agree, maybe he could get us up to 10th if things go his way with injuries and he can get the defence sorted again

4. you picked one of many horrific points from last season, he should never have walked away from this tbh

my take is and always has been he's on a downward spiral, he's a boom and bust manager - that's what his record states and we were within a hair's breadth of being bust last season, it was only through the utter shitness of qpr and wigan we stayed up make no mistake about that

i honestly don't know what point you're trying to make with your post if i'm honest, doubt many others do, he's an awful manager mate

Guest icemanblue

I'll 'support' him in as much as I won't go to matches and actively call for his head,however  that won't stop me criticising his decisions or team selections. And it won't change my opinion in as much as I know he's incompetent, massively out of his depth and a complete bullshit merchant.

You wouldn't do that anyway, man.

I'll 'support' him in as much as I won't go to matches and actively call for his head,however  that won't stop me criticising his decisions or team selections. And it won't change my opinion in as much as I know he's incompetent, massively out of his depth and a complete bullshit merchant.

Boom goes the dynamite. That said, if he shows a radical change in style early on and keeps that consistent then there is a small amount of room to manouver. We have to see a progression and if not what's the point of giving a chance to blow it the same way with the same mistakes. 

So you think that's OK, but that we should ignore his previous record of flopping at other clubs...?

Well in the past, and often with managers, he's been sacked before he's had a chance to put things right. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Well in the past, and often with managers, he's been sacked before he's had a chance to put things right. Will be interesting to see what happens.

am i wrong in thinking our pre-season games to date suggest he hasn't learned a fucking thing?

Guest bimpy474

Tbf there's some merit in this, i can't remember which poster it was on here but i remember them saying. Pardew does well, does bad then sacked in basically most of his jobs.

This time it's Pardew does well, does bad isn't sacked, Pardew does ?. At least we'll find out.

am i wrong in thinking our pre-season games to date suggest he hasn't learned a fucking thing?

I haven't seen any of them except highlights. I'm not claiming he has learned, I'm just saying it's possible he might, and we'll get to find out.

Guest bimpy474

In one of the Chronicle articles today Pardew says that Dummett has to get past a Santon or a Jonas to make the first team. Jonas, if Pardew can't see what everyone seems to see, it doesn't bode well.