Alan Pardew

Mike

. There is no other logical reason. He certainly deserved to be sacked.

thats your opinion but ... Pardew got a clean sweep of the 'Manager of the Year' awards 12 months before ... and Ashley probably realises he didn't fund (aside from Anita) transfers last summer, so, since we weren't relegated, is willing to give him another chance to prove himself.

Pardew had a disappointing season and didn't meet his targets. He overachieved on his targets the previous year, giving himself a little extra breathing space. If he had got us relegated he deserved to be sacked. Since he didn't (just...) he deserves another shot, but if Oct/Nov we really look like its another season of battling relegation, I'm expect Ashley will sack him

There has to be a little loyalty, a little long-term thinking and continuity ... Or, we are like Chelsea (the most successful Premiership club in the last 10 years) changing manager every season. Ok by me, if we invest in bringing in managers that are probably in the top 5 (or at least 10) in the world, as Chelsea tend to (not always with Grant and Di Matteo, I admit)

You're off your rocker if you're being serious there like.

Not much wrong with that IMO, Pardew earned a bit of leeway because of his previous good season. Don't see how that's crazy at all.

So you think that's OK, but that we should ignore his previous record of flopping at other clubs...?

Seems a bit selective to me.....

Well in the past, and often with managers, he's been sacked before he's had a chance to put things right. Will be interesting to see what happens.

am i wrong in thinking our pre-season games to date suggest he hasn't learned a f***ing thing?

:thup:

He doesn't learn.  He said if he thinks what he's doing is right, he WILL NOT be be swayed, and he clearly thinks the way we play is going to be successful if we persist.

I don't see him putting anything right.

. There is no other logical reason. He certainly deserved to be sacked.

thats your opinion but ... Pardew got a clean sweep of the 'Manager of the Year' awards 12 months before ... and Ashley probably realises he didn't fund (aside from Anita) transfers last summer, so, since we weren't relegated, is willing to give him another chance to prove himself.

Pardew had a disappointing season and didn't meet his targets. He overachieved on his targets the previous year, giving himself a little extra breathing space. If he had got us relegated he deserved to be sacked. Since he didn't (just...) he deserves another shot, but if Oct/Nov we really look like its another season of battling relegation, I'm expect Ashley will sack him

There has to be a little loyalty, a little long-term thinking and continuity ... Or, we are like Chelsea (the most successful Premiership club in the last 10 years) changing manager every season. Ok by me, if we invest in bringing in managers that are probably in the top 5 (or at least 10) in the world, as Chelsea tend to (not always with Grant and Di Matteo, I admit)

You're off your rocker if you're being serious there like.

Not much wrong with that IMO, Pardew earned a bit of leeway because of his previous good season. Don't see how that's crazy at all.

So you think that's OK, but that we should ignore his previous record of flopping at other clubs...?

Seems a bit selective to me.....

Well in the past, and often with managers, he's been sacked before he's had a chance to put things right. Will be interesting to see what happens.

am i wrong in thinking our pre-season games to date suggest he hasn't learned a f***ing thing?

:thup:

He doesn't learn.  He said if he thinks what he's doing is right, he WILL NOT be be swayed, and he clearly thinks the way we play is going to be successful if we persist.

I don't see him putting anything right.

neither do i, i think he'll try to recapture the 5th season by being tight and trying to nick wins again....probably after gomis to emulate ba's role

he's fucking rubbish, really really bad, watch hughton turn norwich into a quality team with all his signings next year and all :lol:

if you think I'm off my rocker, fine ...

I don't think Pardew is the complete disaster most of here seem to think. I don't think he'll get us relegated. On the other hand, I don't think due to the previous excellent season that he's a fantastic manager who will get us consistently in the top 6/europe.

I don't think he's the biggest problem.

Fans and Ashley have different criteria for success. If according to Ashley, the aim is top 10, I think Pardew can get us there next season (if we bring in at least another striker, and have a bit more luck on injuries) - we used all our luck the season we got fifth, and had lots of bad luck last year.

Look, I would love to replace Pardew (not personally... well, actually...) but with someone more likely to succeed - and that will cost more. Ashley isn't going to fund it (concretely, I would have loved it if we took Benitez when Chelsea discarded him ...  ), so lets get behind Pardew as the best option available. I was gutted, when Pardew replaced Houghton (was convinced we would go down that season) but so far, its been ...average. So good (some fantastic, the season we finished fifth was one of the most enjoyable for what, a decade?) some mediocre (or worse) - especially the 0-10 of the last three home games  - but I would honestly give him a couple of months this season to see if he can turn it around.

I think if you brought in another striker of the quality we are looking at, You could put JFK or John Carver in the manager's chair and they could achieve the same thing. The players are good enough, the only reason you would fail is gross mis-management.

Our existing players should fairly easily be able to finish top 10 really. Another striker should guarantee it.

Maybe if none of them got injured. You know we will likely only see our best 11 out a couple of times.

if you think I'm off my rocker, fine ...

I don't think Pardew is the complete disaster most of here seem to think. I don't think he'll get us relegated. On the other hand, I don't think due to the previous excellent season that he's a fantastic manager who will get us consistently in the top 6/europe.

I don't think he's the biggest problem.

Fans and Ashley have different criteria for success. If according to Ashley, the aim is top 10, I think Pardew can get us there next season (if we bring in at least another striker, and have a bit more luck on injuries) - we used all our luck the season we got fifth, and had lots of bad luck last year.

Look, I would love to replace Pardew (not personally... well, actually...) but with someone more likely to succeed - and that will cost more. Ashley isn't going to fund it (concretely, I would have loved it if we took Benitez when Chelsea discarded him ...  ), so lets get behind Pardew as the best option available. I was gutted, when Pardew replaced Houghton (was convinced we would go down that season) but so far, its been ...average. So good (some fantastic, the season we finished fifth was one of the most enjoyable for what, a decade?) some mediocre (or worse) - especially the 0-10 of the last three home games  - but I would honestly give him a couple of months this season to see if he can turn it around.

I think if you brought in another striker of the quality we are looking at, You could put JFK or John Carver in the manager's chair and they could achieve the same thing. The players are good enough, the only reason you would fail is gross mis-management.

I don't disagree with this

Luke Edwards suggesting Kinnesr has the power to sack Pardew. No wonder we haven't signed anyone.

If he's got the power to sack Pardew he's proving his incompetence as a DOF with every passing day.

do you want JFK as manager? because the moment Pardew is sacked thats whats going to happen

Guest reefatoon

Luke Edwards suggesting Kinnesr has the power to sack Pardew. No wonder we haven't signed anyone.

If he's got the power to sack Pardew he's proving his incompetence as a DOF with every passing day.

do you want JFK as manager? because the moment Pardew is sacked thats whats going to happen

It won't. His gammy ticker would explode within 2 weeks if he did.

Guest antz1uk

Well you dont have to be a genius to understand that this is what the business model is for Ashley. The objective is to keep the squad good enough to stay in the league, not reach for Europe. We got lucky (probably unlucky if you ask Ashley) one season but can't see that happening again in the near future.

Why we haven't sold more players is probably because there hasn't been good enough offers. When an offer like that comes in for Cabaye, Krul or anyone they'll be gone.

as with any other team in the league with the exception of the top4, even suarez/bale/ have their price and may leave their respecitive clubs for which theres nothing they can do about it. this gets rolled out far too often, unless your man utd, real madrid or barcelona every one of every teams players has a price

I genuinely don't think the results would differ that much, it might be funnier though. So yeah, for the sake of getting some sort of enjoyment out of a match day, JFK in.