Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest bimpy474

the other thread where people are discussing 2 new strikers and how pardew won't know how to utilise them got me thinking, maybe ashley could decide to force him out by signing 2 strikers, giving him a strong enough and talented enough squad and watch him fail with it, which he's rather likely to do

i think pardew would have to quit if we start the season with the existing squad + 2 new strikers and he can't make it work - the excuses will surely have dried up by then

Would you not have said last season was enough to have sacked him anyway. I mean losing something like 13 in 15 or whatever it was. 0-3, 0-6, 0-1 in our 3 homes games as well, 2 of those games against 2 of our most hated teams.

Pardew is lucky to be here as it is, and as he is Ashley might as well back him.

the other thread where people are discussing 2 new strikers and how pardew won't know how to utilise them got me thinking, maybe ashley could decide to force him out by signing 2 strikers, giving him a strong enough and talented enough squad and watch him fail with it, which he's rather likely to do

i think pardew would have to quit if we start the season with the existing squad + 2 new strikers and he can't make it work - the excuses will surely have dried up by then

Would you not have said last season was enough to have sacked him anyway. I mean losing something like 13 in 15 or whatever it was. 0-3, 0-6, 0-1 in our 3 homes games as well, 2 of those games against 2 of our most hated teams.

Pardew is lucky to be here as it is, and as he is Ashley might as well back him.

without a doubt he should have gone but he'll have felt himself that there were enough factors he could use to excuse his shitness last year...if he gets these players and still fails now what's he going to say like? 

Guest bimpy474

without a doubt he should have gone but he'll have felt himself that there were enough factors he could use to excuse his shitness last year...if he gets these players and still fails now what's he going to say like? 

You're right, he hasn't an excuse left if we get these player in and he fecks it up. Tbh you'll have to be a total nutgobble to mess it up if we did get the players.

Guest bimpy474

In the Times article this morning, he admits that his goal is to be England manager.

Really ? and i'm married to Wonder Woman, what an ego.

In the Times article this morning, he admits that his goal is to be England manager.

Just like Ashley not wanting to sell at a loss, it can only be a good thing. We have to do well to get what they want.

:lol: Get her a tiara and she might just look the part.

Guest bimpy474

Just like Ashley not wanting to sell at a loss, it can only be a good thing. We have to do well to get what they want.

Very true. As unlikely as it might be, if we do well i hope as a club were better prepared for it.

Changed the set piece routine apparently. :lol:

:lol: Will it be like the last one?

*Tries set piece once and it doesn't work*

"Oh well, we tried. Right lads - knock it to Mike!"

Why do we never see any evidence in the matches of the things he says we've implemented? :)

...like never ever. Wullie mentioned a while back that he's limited to a one or the other mentality. Defensive mentality prevailed for the vast majority of last season and proved unsuccessful. Very poor adaptability.

Said he will listen to Kinnear after games due to his experience but managing the team is his duty as it states in his contract and he's told Kinnear to not appear on the training pitch.

Amazing as it seems, 12 months ago that was a realistic possibility. Enough to get him an 8 year contract.

Guest chopey

The set pieces I that I watched in that match against Pacos last week were the same ones I watched at St James last season.......................terrible and predictable.