Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest bimpy474

Totally agree with Wullie about Jonas there. His good attributes are screaming out for him to be used in that role rather than a winger.

He hasn't got the ball retention ability to play there imo. His passing is terrible. Put him there and goals like the first Mackem one last season will be far more common .

Yes, i think it's more of a, where he's least crap. Than where he's best tbh.

It's sad that as a fanbase so many of us care so much about the finances of the club these days. There's so little else to cling to, it's pathetic.

'But at least we make a profit!'

Fuck me. What about the football?

At anybody who misunderstands the liabilities we have as NUFC the club and Mike Ashley the sole shareholder.

Then that wouldn't be me, please refrain from randomly quoting people and throwing s*** out there as the waters are muddied enough already on this subject.

I believe you posted this

"So you want us in debt, like under shepherd?"

Just reminding you, as NUFC under Shepherd or Ashley we are in debt. There is no difference.

Not interest free debt, not debt that saw us owe money on players not even at the club and partial season tickets mortgaged for the ground expansion.

Like I say, your post at me just muddies things, doesn't clarify anything, if anything you should be asking Wullie about the debt we owe Ashley and why that doesn't count when looking at what debt we are in.

Because he can choose not to call that debt in when we need players desperately like we do now.

Do you think debt is just debt? Sorry like but it simply isn't. A debt to your mam is not the same as debt to Barclays, just like a debt to our owner puts us in no financial danger whatsoever, not the slightest but.

And this is why Dontooner needs a word with you, not me.

That debt is still on the books if and when we are sold. It doesn't just disappear, I'm sure you mam wouldn't hold it against you if you never paid her back, Ashley will want every penny.

I never said it disappeared, in fact I specifically said it didn't disappear so he needn't be desperately trying to claw it back to the detriment of this season's football team.

Totally agree with Wullie about Jonas there. His good attributes are screaming out for him to be used in that role rather than a winger.

He hasn't got the ball retention ability to play there imo. His passing is terrible. Put him there and goals like the first Mackem one last season will be far more common .

Completely disagree there tbh. He can retain the ball in tight situations where he has to release it quick. It's when he has long stretches of grass on the wing, and has to provide some kind of end product that he's useless. His short passing isn't bad at all!

It's sad that as a fanbase so many of us care so much about the finances of the club these days. There's so little else to cling to, it's pathetic.

Maybe the fans just aren't as thick as they once were? Ignorance a redeeming feature now in football?

Because Leeds.

At anybody who misunderstands the liabilities we have as NUFC the club and Mike Ashley the sole shareholder.

Then that wouldn't be me, please refrain from randomly quoting people and throwing s*** out there as the waters are muddied enough already on this subject.

Just reminding you, as NUFC under Shepherd or Ashley we are in debt. There is no difference.

Not interest free debt, not debt that saw us owe money on players not even at the club and partial season tickets mortgaged for the ground expansion.

Like I say, your post at me just muddies things, doesn't clarify anything, if anything you should be asking Wullie about the debt we owe Ashley and why that doesn't count when looking at what debt we are in.

Because he can choose not to call that debt in when we need players desperately like we do now.

Do you think debt is just debt? Sorry like but it simply isn't. A debt to your mam is not the same as debt to Barclays, just like a debt to our owner puts us in no financial danger whatsoever, not the slightest but.

That debt is still on the books if and when we are sold. It doesn't just disappear, I'm sure you mam wouldn't hold it against you if you never paid her back, Ashley will want every penny.

I never said it disappeared, in fact I specifically said it didn't disappear so he needn't be desperately trying to claw it back to the detriment of this season's football team.

If he doesn't he'll never sell. You want him for life?

I think that Jonas could play the Tiote role, it would be worth trying anyhow, or should have been tried in pre season. As a defensive wideman he also serves a purpose, doubling up with the fullback against someone like Navas for example.

Not really but I'm infinitely more arsed about this season's/next season's/the season after's team.

Guest Haris Vuckic

f*** me. What about the football?

Because Leeds.

That doesn't justify the extreme & negligent austerity Ashley has placed on the clubs recruitment policy.

But I'm not suggesting you're saying it does...

Well if he's fit he will be on Monday whether we like it or not, and Santon is going to need all the help he can.

But this is the point. We can't afford to have a player in a wide position who offers the grand total sum of nowt in attack, just to protect Santon. It's this very attitude that Pardew has that loses these types of games before a ball has been kicked.

We are NUFC, a top flight outfit ffs. It's not as if we are 4 divisions below Man City. We should never go into games with this fear in mind.

Not really but I'm infinitely more arsed about this season's/next season's/the season after's team.

We all do, and as I said yesterday we all want the same don't we? Just I've given up on us doing anything meaningful while he's here and any move which puts him closer to the door is a step in the right direction for me. I'm close to taking another relegation, only I'm not entirely sure he'd leave then either (like last time)

The goal is to stay in the division, for year i fought that opinion on here, i though we had a slither of ambition but we don't, its so fucking obvious now I'm ashamed i never saw it, so in the meantime 12-17th placed finishes and early exits in cups till around 2020 is what we've got to look forward to, hopefully by then we owe him nothing and all its about is him getting his initial outlay back.

I'm 100% certain if he said I want £150m for the club, no debts, clean sale we'd be sold within a week but with nearly the same again added on in loans to him no one is going to go near us, that's almost what Liverpool cost a global brand on a different scale to us in world football.

Guest bimpy474

I think that Jonas could play the Tiote role, it would be worth trying anyhow, or should have been tried in pre season. As a defensive wideman he also serves a purpose, doubling up with the fullback against someone like Navas for example.

Just, No.

Agreed but that's exactly what he'll be doing Monday night.

Guest Dontooner

Ashley owns the 100% of the Shares of the club and the debt as well. How could increasing interest liabilities for his own asset be any good for him. He is not going write the debt off with goodwill like most companies do with bad debt or bad acquisitions. The hobbied billionaires  are doing is for Chelsea, ManCity etc.

When we sell the club, we might not owe "debt that saw us owe money on players not even at the club and partial season tickets mortgaged for the ground expansion" but we will still be in other kinds debts.

Completely disagree there tbh. He can retain the ball in tight situations where he has to release it quick. It's when he has long stretches of grass on the wing, and has to provide some kind of end product that he's useless. His short passing isn't bad at all!

That's what I think too.

I agree on that one, I have been a bit non-plussed when people keep talking about Jonas as part of a midfield trio. He's really just a wide player who works hard without offering much when he crosses into the final third of the pitch.

Ashley owns the 100% of the Shares of the club and the debt as well. How could increasing interest liabilities for his own asset be any good for him. He is not going write the debt off with goodwill like most companies do with bad debt or bad acquisitions. The hobbied billionaires  are doing is for Chelsea, ManCity etc.

When we sell the club, we might not owe "debt that saw us owe money on players not even at the club and partial season tickets mortgaged for the ground expansion" but we will still be in other kinds debts.

Yes I know this, i've said it about 100 times in the last 48 hours.  :lol:

Guest bimpy474

I agree on that one, I have been a bit non-plussed when people keep talking about Jonas as part of a midfield trio. He's really just a wide player who works hard without offering much when he crosses into the final third of the pitch.

Is there any other team that plays with such a player in their side. It's mind boggling how defensive a move it actually is.

Agreed. Jonas is better on the ball than Tiote (however marginally), can deliver those short passes well enough, and is less of a risk to make clumsy fouls. Ask him to sit in front of the back four, cut down runners through the middle, and shuttle the ball away and I think he can do well. Just don't ask him to carry the ball forward or make long-range passes.

Agreed. Jonas is better on the ball than Tiote, can deliver those short passes well enough, and is less of a risk to make clumsy fouls. Ask him to sit in front of the back four, cut down runners through the middle, and shuttle the ball away and I think he can do well. Just don't ask him to carry the ball forward or make long-range passes.

Yup :thup:

I get the feeling he doesn't see the pitch from a bird's eye view (i.e. doesn't have the vision) and you can see this with the type of crosses he puts in, which are almost always the hit-and-hope types.

Guest Dontooner

Yes I know this, i've said it about 100 times in the last 48 hours.  :lol:

Bottom line he is trying to sell the club not caring a second of the liabilities we would face in future at all. The real reason Mike doesnt want to spend its because he doesnt want to invest more into the club, not because the financial health of the club is in poor state.

We should be in a position to spend and improve but he playing it safe till a buyer comes along.

As you stated as long as he doesnt get what he thinks is a good return for him we are stucked with him for a long time.

Btw the post are not targeted at you, just clarifying it for those who misunderstands the situation .