Alan Pardew

Mike

I was referring to 'we looked not the same'.

Again, he's telling people what to believe and some will.

I think you're missing the point Mick. :lol:

:lol:

You're right, his shitty English.  I don't even notice it now.

"We started really, really well and got the goal, which is not something we do often at home, get an early goal, and everything looked happy.

"We weren’t tight enough as a team today. We were really tight at Villa with the same formation but we were loose today, and Hull exploited those spaces.

"I thought all three goals were poor from us - as I say, we defended really, really well in these last few weeks.

"Today, it’s the inconsistency of performance that this team is searching for. The team that finished fifth, you see similarities with this team, but that team had a consistency about its performance, as a team, not as individuals.

"The formation was the same today, the set-up was the same but we looked not the same. We looked too loose, and gifted goals and you can’t do that against any opposition.

"I’ll be the first to pay tribute to Hull, they played very well. But for us, it’s a really disappointing day. It’s the commitment and the quality that you need in every game, that we showed at Villa.

"Today, it’s not just the looseness of the team but the distance between our units and our selection of passing wasn’t as great as it has been in the last two or three games.

"We weren’t as solid as we were at Villa, and you’ve got to do it home and away in this division.”

"We had a day at the office that we would like to forget quite quickly, and move on.”

We can probably say goodbye to the 4-3-3, then.

Beating Leeds with a 4-4-2 - or the 4-2-3-1 he doesn't know how to use properly - will only cement it.

Where's Brett? :lol:

Probably still trying find positives from the game, it can't be easy for him to get his head around reality.

:lol: I'm eagerly awaiting his reappearance

Even money he says Saturday was a blip and Pardew will put things right by inspiring a performance and 3 points on Saturday.

The lack of goals from corners is probably the 1 thing I can't blame on Pardle.

Those floated set penises are another matter, of course.

Who lets Cabaye take all those corners though?  Surely after the first 100 utterly wasted corners he might have thought to give corner duties to someone else or set some time aside to get the team to practice attacking (and defending) corners.

It's reached the point where we'd be better off putting the ball out for a goal kick since we don't just fuck up attacking corners, we end up creating attacking moves for the opposition.

Who lets Cabaye take all those corners though?  Surely after the first 100 utterly wasted corners he might have thought to give corner duties to someone else or set some time aside to get the team to practice attacking (and defending) corners.

It's reached the point where we'd be better off putting the ball out for a goal kick since we don't just fuck up attacking corners, we end up creating attacking moves for the opposition.

We haven't got the players to either put a good corner in or attack it well. He's been banging on about getting "jumpers" for years now but never gets one.

Guest bimpy474

We haven't got the players to either put a good corner in or attack it well. He's been banging on about getting "jumpers" for years now but never gets one.

It doesn't matter about jumpers if the delivery is good. Most near post header for example aren't from a jump there about the timing of the run and the delivery whipped in.

Whipped in corners, amazing we still dont try. I'm sorry but this is down to a lack of management/coaching ability.

Guest bimpy474

Look how many Evra has scored in recent times.

Exactly, the most important thing about any set piece is the delivery. And our delivery is utter garbage.

It doesn't matter about jumpers if the delivery is good. Most near post header for example aren't from a jump there about the timing of the run and the delivery whipped in.

Whipped in corners, amazing we still dont try. I'm sorry but this is down to a lack of management/coaching ability.

"We haven't got the players to either put a good corner in or attack it well" :sexywink:

If you did that and alternated with a few short corner routines I reckon you'd at least produce a couple of goals from set pieces in a season. But it needs practice and a coach with some imagination obviously.

Guest bimpy474

"We haven't got the players to either put a good corner in or attack it well" :sexywink:

I think we have, Ameobi, Saylor, Colo, Remy, Sissoko have all scored from corners in the past. But since Pardew's arrival we now have a coaching team that have no imagination whatsoever. Why does Cabaye still take them, why do we still float them and try absolutely nothing different.

Can not one of those professional coaches come up with a set piece that carries at least a hint of threat. Answer is no because they are shit.

Guest bimpy474

If you did that and alternated with a few short corner routines I reckon you'd at least produce a couple of goals from set pieces in a season. But it needs practice and a coach with some imagination obviously.

Aye, but at least it might threaten, not the gutless shit we see now.

I think we have, Ameobi, Saylor, Colo, Remy, Sissoko have all scored from corners in the past. But since Pardew's arrival we now have a coaching team that have no imagination whatsoever. Why does Cabaye still take them, why do we still float them and try absolutely nothing different.

Can not one of those professional coaches come up with a set piece that carries at least a hint of threat. Answer is no because they are shit.

Read the bold bit ffs :lol: That's why I bolded it.

There's nobody in our squad who can deliver a good corner 7/10 times. That's a fact.