Alan Pardew

Mike

I don't understand why supporters slag Ameobi off when he's played and we only had the likes of Ranger on the bench.  Fair enough to criticise when the alternative is an improvement. Otherwise its just a case of cwying and cwying until you're blue in the face.

So if your lass serves a turd on a plate you'll happily eat it without complaining if she has nothing better to feed you with?

She could at least coat it in fanny batter first like.

I don't understand why supporters slag Ameobi off when he's played and we only had the likes of Ranger on the bench.  Fair enough to criticise when the alternative is an improvement. Otherwise its just a case of cwying and cwying until you're blue in the face.

So if your lass serves a turd on a plate you'll happily eat it without complaining if she has nothing better to feed you with?

You obviously missed the analogies I made with my wife earlier in the thread. Absolutely she's shite at some stuff. But I'm no oil painting so I take what I can get.

A decent half here, a decent half there, the whole of the 2011-12 season. Minor details.

Has anyone changed their mind on the back of the Cardiff performance? I see no evidence to suggest this.

:lol: Don't know how many times it has been discussed that not everyone agrees with this.

Guest Haris Vuckic

The entire 2011-2012 season was pure luck but last year was down entirely to Pardew being shit.

Apparently.

First season was lucky, last season was unlucky, both are unsustainable. Pardew isn't the man to make this team a sustainable force, we're going nowhere under him and 45 mins of false dawn football once every other match won't make me think otherwise.

Like I said yesterday NUFC deserves better and I don't think we should be settling for less on the back of a few half arsed wins!

Guest Haris Vuckic

A. They wont pay for a better manager.

B. They wont back him if they do.

How anyone can look at Ashley's recruitment record and suggest he's going to improve on Pardew is beyond me. It's blind hope.

There's ZERO ambition other than to exist. So people can scream for him to be sacked till they're blue in the face and I'll let them because they'll do the same for the next guy.

How anyone can look at Ashley's recruitment record and suggest he's going to improve on Pardew is beyond me. It's blind hope.

There's ZERO ambition other than to exist. So people can scream for him to be sacked till they're blue in the face and I'll let them because they'll do the same for the next guy.

What's the alternative? How anyone can look at Pardew's managerial record and suggest he's going to improve is beyond me. I understand what you're saying, but even with an owner with zero ambition you can have a young ambitious manager who can use what he has at his disposal. I don't expect us to be getting the likes of Hiddink or poaching Wenger from Arsenal, however we could hope for someone even marginally better than Pardew. He can't be the best we can hope for under the constraints we have.

Guest Haris Vuckic

What's the alternative? How anyone can look at Pardew's managerial record and suggest he's going to improve is beyond me. I understand what you're saying, but even with an owner with zero ambition you can have a young ambitious manager who can use what he has at his disposal. I don't expect us to be getting the likes of Hiddink or poaching Wenger from Arsenal, however we could hope for someone even marginally better than Pardew. He can't be the best we can hope for under the constraints we have.

I'm not saying you can't hope. I'm just saying I've got none.

I just don't think Ashley is in the least bit interested beyond keeping us afloat - which this year Pardew will.

They could follow their recruitment policy and hire a foreign manager, who would be more than happy with Pardew's wages. Chances are he'll be an improvement, and it wouldn't hurt to have a manager who is more accomplished at speaking english.

Guest firetotheworks

They could follow their recruitment policy and hire a foreign manager, who would be more than happy with Pardew's wages. Chances are he'll be an improvement, and it wouldn't hurt to have a manager who is more accomplished at speaking english.

Oh Andy. :lol:

I just don't think Ashley is in the least bit interested beyond keeping us afloat - which this year Pardew will.

Not that I'm pointing at you but it just seems some are willing to hope that Pardew can get better but not hope that we could hire an improvement on him. Baffling! Though I don't blame you for feeling ambivalent it's the best we can hope for right now IMHO.

If it's Kinnear then you will be right, I'll be screaming for him to be sacked as well. As someone very wisely said a few pages back, it's like Andy in the Shawshank Redemption where he has to crawl through a tunnel of shit to get to freedom. You have to start the process somewhere.

The Wigan game before the Stoke cup tie, the away fans booed Allardyce for touching the ball.

They also chanted we're s*** and we're sick of it.

The Liverpool game had the home fans applauding Liverpool fan's for chanting Big Sam for England, before joining in themselves.

It's an obtuse point but at times the board is dogged by posters who post in nothing but absolutist prose. Even if you type like you're right all the time, you're not.

You talking about Ronaldo then? lol...

I like Ronaldo.

If you don't, tell him.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Not that I'm pointing at you but it just seems some are willing to hope that Pardew can get better but not hope that we could hire an improvement on him. Baffling! Though I don't blame you for feeling ambivalent it's the best we can hope for right now IMHO.

He doesn't need to get better. He'll take us exactly where we - as a club - want to be.

Which is sad but it's true.

Guest Haris Vuckic

If it's Kinnear then you will be right, I'll be screaming for him to be sacked as well. As someone very wisely said a few pages back, it's like Andy in the Shawshank Redemption where he has to crawl through a tunnel of s*** to get to freedom. You have to start the process somewhere.

Nah it's basically the same for any manager after a while. Pretty much every single manager apart from Keegan people have wanted rid of - in the last few decades anyway.

Guest firetotheworks

If it's Kinnear then you will be right, I'll be screaming for him to be sacked as well. As someone very wisely said a few pages back, it's like Andy in the Shawshank Redemption where he has to crawl through a tunnel of s*** to get to freedom. You have to start the process somewhere.

Nah it's basically the same for any manager after a while. Pretty much every single manager apart from Keegan people have wanted rid of - in the last few decades anyway.

Aye, that's nowhere near accurate, like.  Keegan x2, SBR, Hughton and arguably Shearer were all wanted by the majority at the time that they left/were sacked.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Aye, that's nowhere near accurate, like.  Keegan x2, SBR, Hughton and arguably Shearer were all wanted by the majority at the time that they left/were sacked.

There were plenty people who wanted rid of Robson mind and Hughton had plenty of critics too. Shearer - I can't really say either way tbh.

KK didn't come cheap, so A is wrong.

Guest Haris Vuckic

KK didn't come cheap so he learned his lesson.

KK didn't come cheap so he learned his lesson.

Mind reader? :)

MA is so unpredictable that literally anything could happen at any time.