Alan Pardew

Mike

Not sure if its ok to laugh at that :lol:

On the stats argument (again) I, amongst many others, said at the time I could see with my own eyes that the "football" on display was a load of horseshit. The long ball stats just reinforced what I was seeing with my own eyes. It wasn't used as a crux of an argument or taken as gospel as stats are contextual and don't tell us much concrete, unlike my eyes. Hence the reason I don't take any stats as written fact, because... My eyes tell me all I need to know.

That analysis was supplied by my eyes.

The stats were regarded as fairly accurate last year.

Funny that.

The only thing which might have been agreed about was that we were probably the biggest offender, I doubt anybody regarded the numbers as being "fairly accurate."

Nobody thought to say so then but now they do.

Curious insight into mentality...

I wasn't posting here last year, but it looks like Wullie stole what I posted elsewhere anyway.....

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,92748.msg4037469.html#msg4037469

To be fair plenty of people took those stats in the vein that they should have been taken then, and should be taken now.  Nothing more than an interesting side note.  Felipao, OCK, Mlandro etc all said it's about what we can see week in and week out.

Plenty of people loved the shameful evidence of the desperate nature of our play though.

Guest neesy111

Funny that.

You should be politician or an arse licking snake.  You decide.

Funny that.

You should be politician or an arse licking snake.  You decide.

Not to detract from the fact that we're in agreement that the football is much better, disregarding the accurate stats from last year.

70 long balls per game? :lol: What an absolute load of shite that statistic is, because no team plays 70 long balls a game.

:lol:

Remember the time HappyFace's homemade statistics/source had a non-integer for goals scored or sommat :laugh:

Nah. Quote it.

Yes, boss.

If we shot from the halfway line every time we had the ball we'd clock up loads of shots.  It wouldn't be effective and I wouldn't want to watch it.

If?

Another imaginary counter argument.  Let's keep it real :)

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ptvziu.jpg

So outside of the top 7 only West Ham, Swansea and Southampton have had more efforts within the box.

An no, I'm not arguing that West Ham play pretty, attacking, cohesive, intricate football.  Any more than I am us.

How can sides take shots that don't result in integers, like? :lol:

Again, could be from the corner of the box. Trust your eyes, padawan - not that stats ;)

T'was shots taken, not scored. I did say 'sommat'.

Guest bimpy474

Funny that.

The only thing which might have been agreed about was that we were probably the biggest offender, I doubt anybody regarded the numbers as being "fairly accurate."

Nobody thought to say so then but now they do.

Curious insight into mentality...

I wasn't posting here last year, but it looks like Wullie stole what I posted elsewhere anyway.....

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,92748.msg4037469.html#msg4037469

To be fair plenty of people took those stats in the vein that they should have been taken then, and should be taken now.  Nothing more than an interesting side note.  Felipao, OCK, Mlandro etc all said it's about what we can see week in and week out.

Plenty of people loved the shameful evidence of the desperate nature of our play though.

Fuck me, if you tasted nice you would definitely eat yourself. Long balls cant be defined by stats, what is a hoof, a pass or a clearance.

You know what they are ?, they are what we see with our own eyes and judgement. I think after watching years of football most of us on here can tell the difference. And last season we played turgid, hopeful long balls at a striker who heads it like he's wearing a crash helmet on backwards. We were shit.

And this season we have played much much less, in fact, I think only in the Man City cup game during the first 60 minutes, is the only time we've played long balls for any sustained time during a game, it's been far far better and I for one am very happy about it.

But you can shove the stats up your marmite motorway, they are bollocks compared the good people of this place and their own eyes and judgement. Except Brett, he's mental but lovable.

Guest neesy111

Wouldn't let a snake lick my arse like. No chance.

So what animal would you like?

Aardvark preferably. Deep penetration. You?

Same, funnily enough.

Guest bimpy474

But you can shove the stats up your marmite motorway, they are bollocks compared the good people of this place and their own eyes and judgement. Expect Brett, he's mental but lovable.

You do know I never started this stat chat?

That's like trying to deny the Holocaust, you are the reason.

For the stats not the Holocaust like.