Alan Pardew

Mike

F*ck off Pardew. That is so much bollocks.

I can stand for a lot of bullshit but calling the fans who I happen to be one of delusional is not one of them.

F*ck right off.

does he even mention deluded fans in that quote?

I can stand for a lot of bullshit but calling the fans who I happen to be one of delusional is not one of them.

F*ck right off.

Well, there's a measured response. Really fits with the tone of the quote, too.

Also, swear filtering your own posts?

I always filter them I have got used to it at this point. Problem?

Exactly, Hughton was unfairly sacked (if fairness exists in football management) but it's not really very much to do with Pardew.

fortunate that you have inside knowledge of what took place and when between pardew, llamblias and ashley ian otherwise people might think you were talking out of your arse

Are claiming you have insider knowledge?

Because without it, if one assumes that he engineered the change, with no evidence either way, that would be talking out of one's anus.

Maybe you weren't on this board at the time but we have a very occasional poster here who told the board a couple of weeks before it was announced that Pardew had been approached to take over the job. He had been given a contract to look over. There quite a few sceptics on here at the time but this poster was proved completely correct. A couple of weeks later, Hughton was sacked and Pardew was appointed. No suggestion Pardew actually engineered the change in management.

However, he did know it was going to happen despite his protestations that he didn't.

Not judging anyone for what happened, just enlightening you as you were probs weren't on this board at the time.

I was told the same elsewhere.

none of that makes pardew to blame for engineering anything.

'No suggestion Pardew actually engineered the change in management.'

:lol: it was a long post, you probs glossed over that if not most of it.

Minhosa seems to think Pardew acted less than gentlemanly. I wondered what evidence there was of that.

Seems odd to respond with ITK that doesn't back that up and agree it doesn't back it up.

Glad we cleared it up though :)

Really dislike his habit of telling us what we think.

Anah, I wish he'd leave the forum, tbh.

I think we should be winning games far more comfortably than we are.

Do I really have to quote people verbatim or be chastised for paraphrasing every time?

Guest reefatoon

Do I really have to quote people verbatim or be chastised for paraphrasing every time?

Naa, just graph the shit out of it.

Pardew August 2012

The only time I hear the word ‘expectations’ from Newcastle fans is from journalists from the Midlands and London. But up north, they know.

Pardew December 2013

This is Newcastle, we like to raise our expectations, way beyond the realism of where we are at times.

:icon_scratch:

Even if you assume the absolute worst, that Pardew met with Ashley and Llambias and agreed to take the job before Hughton was sacked

ian, i suppose the "absolute worst" is in fact that out of work pardew used his influence as a mate of llamblias to plant seeds in the guys mind that he could do a better job than hughton etc. etc.

not saying this happened by the way but it's far from the realms of possibility, much in the same way that people "believe" kinnear was getting pissed in the pub with ashley and talked himself back into a role at the club, and believed his undermining of pardew and return to the managers seat was inevitable

Well it's possible I suppose, but it's a big leap to just assume that it's what happened. Anyway, everyone uses their connections to try and get work. It's up to the regime who they give the jobs to.

Guest reefatoon

Pardew August 2012

The only time I hear the word ‘expectations’ from Newcastle fans is from journalists from the Midlands and London. But up north, they know.

Pardew December 2013

This is Newcastle, we like to raise our expectations, way beyond the realism of where we are at times.

:icon_scratch:

Pardewmatics for ya

Guest icemanblue

F*ck right off.

Well, there's a measured response. Really fits with the tone of the quote, too.

Also, swear filtering your own posts?

I always filter them I have got used to it at this point. Problem?

No, sir. None at all.

Even if you assume the absolute worst, that Pardew met with Ashley and Llambias and agreed to take the job before Hughton was sacked

ian, i suppose the "absolute worst" is in fact that out of work pardew used his influence as a mate of llamblias to plant seeds in the guys mind that he could do a better job than hughton etc. etc.

not saying this happened by the way but it's far from the realms of possibility, much in the same way that people "believe" kinnear was getting pissed in the pub with ashley and talked himself back into a role at the club, and believed his undermining of pardew and return to the managers seat was inevitable

Well it's possible I suppose, but it's a big leap to just assume that it's what happened. Anyway, everyone uses their connections to try and get work. It's up to the regime who they give the jobs to.

similar leap to assume didn't, no?

Well I don't think so, but like I said, it doesn't really matter either way. If he used his connections to get a job then fair enough, that's what you're supposed to do in life. If he actually personally attacked and belittled Hughton then that's obviously bad behaviour, but there's another level of assumption again.

:laugh:

Are you religious?

On probably being told that some people, even players like Cabaye and Remy, are now seeing this team as good enough to get into the Champions League. This - “This is Newcastle, we like to raise our expectations, way beyond the realism of where we are at times. It is great at the moment though and I hope our fans are enjoying this, I’m sure they are.”

Has caused this.

F*ck right off.

The bloke is a cunt, no other way about it really.

Fucking hell. Amazing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

On probably being told that some people, even players like Cabaye and Remy, are now seeing this team as good enough to get into the Champions League. This - “This is Newcastle, we like to raise our expectations, way beyond the realism of where we are at times. It is great at the moment though and I hope our fans are enjoying this, I’m sure they are.”

Has caused this.

F*ck right off.

The bloke is a cunt, no other way about it really.

Fucking hell. Amazing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's literally mental. The state we've wound ourselves up into about his quotes is genuinely crazy.

Well I don't think so, but like I said, it doesn't really matter either way. If he used his connections to get a job then fair enough, that's what you're supposed to do in life. If he actually personally attacked and belittled Hughton then that's obviously bad behaviour, but there's another level of assumption again.

You both seem to accept that Pardew and Llambias were friends from before their time here. You're probably right, but can't find out when it was this established? Got an interview or something I can look at.

Cheers. :thup:

It is patronising, tbh. Pardew does tend to talk about the supporters the way commentators would talk about the Burkina Faso team at the winter Olympics. "I hope they are enjoying this" We've won a few matches consecutively, it isn't anything worth shouting about. Most clubs placed from 7th to 11th will experience similar runs of form in an average league season.

Exactly, Hughton was unfairly sacked (if fairness exists in football management) but it's not really very much to do with Pardew.

fortunate that you have inside knowledge of what took place and when between pardew, llamblias and ashley ian otherwise people might think you were talking out of your arse

Are claiming you have insider knowledge?

Because without it, if one assumes that he engineered the change, with no evidence either way, that would be talking out of one's anus.

Maybe you weren't on this board at the time but we have a very occasional poster here who told the board a couple of weeks before it was announced that Pardew had been approached to take over the job. He had been given a contract to look over. There quite a few sceptics on here at the time but this poster was proved completely correct. A couple of weeks later, Hughton was sacked and Pardew was appointed. No suggestion Pardew actually engineered the change in management.

However, he did know it was going to happen despite his protestations that he didn't.

Not judging anyone for what happened, just enlightening you as you were probs weren't on this board at the time.

I was told the same elsewhere.

none of that makes pardew to blame for engineering anything.

'No suggestion Pardew actually engineered the change in management.'

:lol: it was a long post, you probs glossed over that if not most of it.

Minhosa seems to think Pardew acted less than gentlemanly. I wondered what evidence there was of that.

Seems odd to respond with ITK that doesn't back that up and agree it doesn't back it up.

Glad we cleared it up though :)

You may have missed my point....

Fair enough, you are putting out fires all over the forum so i suppose you may miss your mark occasionally :lol:

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/alan-pardew-brings-newcastle-fans-deluded-up-again/

Alan Pardew brought the Newcastle fans deluded subject up again at his pre-match press conference broadcast on the club’s own TV channel.

The Newcastle manger when asked about expectations of fans after four wins in a row, had this reality check;

“This is Newcastle, we like to raise our expectations, way beyond the realism of where we are at times. It is great at the moment though and I hope our fans are enjoying this, I’m sure they are.”

Now I’m all for keeping our feet on the ground but this is where the mindset of the club is all wrong in my opinion, from Mike Ashley and then down through JFK and Alan Pardew.

As Newcastle fans we don’t expect success but what we do want is for the club to have the best go possible and grasp opportunities when they come along.

United haven’t been brilliant these last four matches but they have played some very good football at times and some players have played to the very limits of their capabilities. When you add a lot of hard work and a decent measure of luck, it has added up to maximum points in November.

However, what I’d love to see is for everybody at the club to really ‘raise our expectations’ and look to see where this run of form could take us if the club (Mike Ashley) showed the necessary ambition (within realism!).

If the five French players recruited in January had come in last summer then there is no way Newcastle would have had a season as bad as they experienced last time around, the fifth top finish totally wasted as United went backwards instead of building on that unexpected opportunity presented by the 2011/12 season.

Moving a year and a half forward, Newcastle United and Mike Ashley are once again presented with a great chance to put some longer term substance behind this unexpected run of form and results.

As the 10th best supported club in Europe last season and in the last Deloitte list of top 20 turnovers in the World, why shouldn’t we be allowed to daydream (expect?) sustained improvement and success?

Hardly surprising that something as blinkered as the Mag failed to notice the absolutely huge dollop of irony and tongue in cheek manner of that particular interview.

No one pretends to represent the fans, while probably misrepresenting the majority of us, more than our primary fanzines right now.

Considering the club has no ambition to win anything or even play on the only European stage we can realistically qualify for, it would be nice to just win some matches in relative comfort. Particularly at home, against the worst teams in the league, when we've already established our superiority. We simply don't do it under Pardew.

Some people seem incapable of reading the above without seeing 'WE MUST DOMINATE EVERY TEAM FOR 90MINS AND WIN 5-0 EVERY TIME OR PARDEW IS WORSER THAN IAN WATKINS.' It's weird.

Guest icemanblue

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/alan-pardew-brings-newcastle-fans-deluded-up-again/

Alan Pardew brought the Newcastle fans deluded subject up again at his pre-match press conference broadcast on the club’s own TV channel.

The Newcastle manger when asked about expectations of fans after four wins in a row, had this reality check;

“This is Newcastle, we like to raise our expectations, way beyond the realism of where we are at times. It is great at the moment though and I hope our fans are enjoying this, I’m sure they are.”

Now I’m all for keeping our feet on the ground but this is where the mindset of the club is all wrong in my opinion, from Mike Ashley and then down through JFK and Alan Pardew.

As Newcastle fans we don’t expect success but what we do want is for the club to have the best go possible and grasp opportunities when they come along.

United haven’t been brilliant these last four matches but they have played some very good football at times and some players have played to the very limits of their capabilities. When you add a lot of hard work and a decent measure of luck, it has added up to maximum points in November.

However, what I’d love to see is for everybody at the club to really ‘raise our expectations’ and look to see where this run of form could take us if the club (Mike Ashley) showed the necessary ambition (within realism!).

If the five French players recruited in January had come in last summer then there is no way Newcastle would have had a season as bad as they experienced last time around, the fifth top finish totally wasted as United went backwards instead of building on that unexpected opportunity presented by the 2011/12 season.

Moving a year and a half forward, Newcastle United and Mike Ashley are once again presented with a great chance to put some longer term substance behind this unexpected run of form and results.

As the 10th best supported club in Europe last season and in the last Deloitte list of top 20 turnovers in the World, why shouldn’t we be allowed to daydream (expect?) sustained improvement and success?

Hardly surprising that something as blinkered as the Mag failed to notice the absolutely huge dollop of irony and tongue in cheek manner of that particular interview.

No one pretends to be represent the fans, while probably misrepresenting the majority of us, more than our primary fanzines right now.

It's fishing for hits. They're absolutely fucking terrible for it.

Guest firetotheworks

It would help. As opposed to amending it to "controlling games for 90 minutes"

There's a group of you that do it.

You both seem to accept that Pardew and Llambias were friends from before their time here. You're probably right, but can't find out when it was this established? Got an interview or something I can look at.

Cheers. :thup:

I don't know that, I just can't be bothered to argue against it because I think it's not that relevant. I don't really remember the details of what was rumoured and leaked about Pardew meeting the regime before getting the job.