Alan Pardew

Mike

The anti-Pardew folk remind me of the political left. Aye, I agree with pretty much everything you have to say, but by god you're f***ing irritatingly smug about it.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PEl-oQHTVkg/SHfTk46ADmI/AAAAAAAAAAs/aapjLG5Y9Kc/s320/south-park-smug-313.gif

Agreeing with political left :anguish: Edit: I may have thought of far left, reading that.

The anti-Pardew folk remind me of the political left. Aye, I agree with pretty much everything you have to say, but by god you're f***ing irritatingly smug about it.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PEl-oQHTVkg/SHfTk46ADmI/AAAAAAAAAAs/aapjLG5Y9Kc/s320/south-park-smug-313.gif

Agreeing with political left :anguish:

:lol: what?

Agreeing with political left :anguish:

:lol: what?

Sorry, Hans.

Stability. It's tricky. SBR had a few poor seasons at the start of his reign, but we persevered. Because he was Bobby Robson. In five years time Pardew is still gonna be Alan Pardew.

We improved league position. Finished 11th twice. Apart from his 3 top 5 finishes. We've only been higher than 11th twice.

You know what would be awesome? Lots more arguments about when Pardew should have been or should be sacked and which posters said what about it, when, and with what tone. moar pls

Well stick around then mate, you'll like what you see.

You know what would be awesome? Lots more arguments about when Pardew should have been or should be sacked and which posters said what about it, when, and with what tone. moar pls

Well stick around then mate, you'll like what you see.

Bring it on, bring it bring it on now... bring it on, bring it bring it on now.

Stability. It's tricky. SBR had a few poor seasons at the start of his reign, but we persevered. Because he was Bobby Robson. In five years time Pardew is still gonna be Alan Pardew.

We improved league position. Finished 11th twice. Apart from his 3 top 5 finishes. We've only been higher than 11th twice.

In what time frame? We've finished in the Premier League top half 9 times I think.

I really want us to give a manager 5-6 years and see where we are. Even just a decent-ish young manager like Rodgers.

I'd love that, I really would. I want a manager to have enough time to build a lasting legacy at the club.

However, I don't think you can't just hope to get lucky with it, you have to appoint someone who has a track record of delivering success or at the very least someone who has shown huge potential (preferably at a couple of different clubs).  That way, even if the team go through a bad patch the fans still have confidence that the team will come good and will stay on board.

Unfortunately, in Pardew we have a guy who doesn't instill confidence in most of us because he hasn't achieved anything of note anywhere else. He's been relegated with two different clubs and he's never won a trophy as a manager.

Guest Roger Kint

In what time frame? We've finished in the Premier League top half 9 times I think.

Obviously since SBR took over.

Guest Dontooner

Not sure what people are on with stability?

Stability would be something great to have if we had a good manager in place which suit the players.

The fundamental issues on the field must 1st be solved, the difference in style between the players and the English style manager.

The recruiting system which heavily defers from the origins of the Manager.

If we survive , its a question of either backing the manager with his type of players

or

Getting someone else in thats fits the mold of the current group of players.

Its not unfounded that when we bought more technical players into the team gradually , we started to perform worst with each game passing.

Its simply impossible for the technical players to play with aggression instead of the natural pass and move game.

This is a running issue that needs to be address first before the club can actually stabilize. The majority of the fans will sing the same tune, i don't think its just 20% of the base being unhappy right now. There is a split not only in the dressing room but also the fans base now, clearly due to the issues of performances and results.

Pardew got this season wrong, and we've had no luck this year for him to hide behind. However he should be given at least another half season, a fresh start, to prove that he is capable. He's earned that from last season's performance.

I really want us to give a manager 5-6 years and see where we are. Even just a decent-ish young manager like Rodgers.

I'd love that, I really would. I want a manager to have enough time to build a lasting legacy at the club.

However, I don't think you can't just hope to get lucky with it, you have to appoint someone who has a track record of delivering success or at the very least someone who has shown huge potential (preferably at a couple of different clubs).  That way, even if the team go through a bad patch the fans still have confidence that the team will come good and will stay on board.

Unfortunately, in Pardew we have a guy who doesn't instill confidence in most of us because he hasn't achieved anything of note anywhere else. He's been relegated with two different clubs and he's never won a trophy as a manager.

Don't forget the 2009-10 Johnstone's Paint Trophy with Southampton.

:pokerface:

Pardew got this season wrong, and we've had no luck this year for him to hide behind. However he should be given at least another half season, a fresh start, to prove that he is capable. He's earned that from last season's performance.

Like we played well thanks to him last season? People forgetting the hoofing before Ben Arfa saved our season?

Like we played well thanks to him last season? People forgetting the hoofing before Ben Arfa saved our season?

Ben Arfa is one of our players TBF, he's allowed to win points for us.

Don't forget the 2009-10 Johnstone's Paint Trophy with Southampton.

:pokerface:

I stand corrected

Guest Dontooner

We don't know there's a split in the dressing room, and there's always a split in the fans.

I agree the extreme split is showing some clear concerns , if it were things that could be compromised on fair enough. However its a clear rift of opinions base on the manager.

Not sure if this has any substance

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10046444/Fabricio-Coloccini-admits-there-were-divisions-in-Newcastle-squad-as-David-Ginola-blasts-French-contingent.html

I think at this stage of the season with it being so close, it would only be logical that there are differing opinions.

Just not sure if its with the manager or the among the players themselves.