Alan Pardew

Mike

I think he's bluffing. He knows his job is safe, he's just making it easier for Ashley to confirm that he stays. How f***ing depressing.

I thought this at first but I still don't see any real reason for him to bring it out so publicly in a press conference. All this honour and privileged guff from Pardew smacks of someone grovelling to his boss but not to his face.

The writing is clearly on the wall for Pardew, just a case of when not if.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Glad that he's able to admit he's been poor.

Doesn't take it on the chin though like he could have. Admits he's been poor then says it's a collective thing so everyone's to blame in effect. :lol:

So the players are blameless?

When he says he under-achieved I hope he means in the sense of how he's absolutely been tactically shocking all season! Last year we mixed the formation much more and adapted to the opposition. He tried players in different positions until he found a formation that worked - this year he has blindly stuck with 4-5-1 and since Ba got sold its been toothless. When Ba was here him and cisse used to swap positions, something he should be doing with gouffran, if players weren't fit or working hard he'd even play likes of obertan - this year cabaye has looked wrecked/sick at times and he's in, sissoko looked fucked, he's in, Ben arfa not fit and waiting for him hamstring to ping and he's in - he's went against everything he stood for last season, all the stuff he waxed lyrical about last year about his 'fluid formations' as if he was a master tactician.

Dnt dislike the bloke and want stability at club but has to be right person. Something has to give and he either sorts that shit out and finds some common sense or he needs sacking, he's back tracking now because he knows this is the biggest job he'll ever get unless he consistently has progress with his teams. Board are to blame for not backing him but he needs to explain the crap of the last 6 weeks. Worry is the likely idiots of curbishley, o'leary, graham, and Hughes waiting around the corner. Rant over...

Glad that he's able to admit he's been poor.

Doesn't take it on the chin though like he could have. Admits he's been poor then says it's a collective thing so everyone's to blame in effect. :lol:

Everyone is to blame though

There is no doubt that the decision not to invest in players last summer was a huge mistake, but senior club sources have previously told The Daily Telegraph* that Pardew agreed to give their home-grown youngsters a chance to break into the first team group in August.

When that project failed, Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias sanctioned the signing of five players from France at a combined cost – when agent and signing on fees are included – of more than £25 million.

*Luke Edwards

“I like to think that he won’t, that next year we’ll stay with myself, and we need to make some changes and we’ll do that and talk about that at the end of the year. We know we’ve got an uncomfortable conversation regarding the form this year, the underachievement that’s been mentioned and everything else.

“It’ll be uncomfortable for us both, because we’ve both underachieved. Him as an owner and me as a manager. We need to find out what the reasons were and then it’s for Mike and hopefully with me to decide how to go forward.

this fucker cant help but get one excuse in lol

FWIW Didn't Alan Shearer all but believe he had the full time job and Ashley decided to just make CH temp manager, etc?

I still believe he's getting the sack.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Didn't back him in summer. didn't replace our best player after losing him in January.

Guest strongbow69

There is no doubt that the decision not to invest in players last summer was a huge mistake, but senior club sources have previously told The Daily Telegraph* that Pardew agreed to give their home-grown youngsters a chance to break into the first team group in August.

When that project failed, Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias sanctioned the signing of five players from France at a combined cost – when agent and signing on fees are included – of more than £25 million.

*Luke Edwards

Infighting? or he who shall not be named * ?

as an aside, so hypothetical its supid but, If you added carroll and remy as his extra two strikers ?  :yikes:

then again  :pardsgrin:

Under-achieved is and under-statement.

he did not under achieve, this is another Pardew salesman bullshit talk.  if anything this season has revealed his truest colours and now he's doing his best to conceal the truth with talks of.....

"I under achieved."

he thinks he can convinced us that he is not capable of a season as bad as this again.  but sadly for him we already know his past history. 

Pardew, and the players, have under performed. No question about it. But last season they also over achieved. Given the injuries, and the number of new players, and the extra games, it was going to throw us off our rhythm.

Pardew has shown enough in the past to be worth another season. He earned it. IF he can't turn it around, maybe then think about a change, but right now it's a bad idea. We need to settle back into a winning rhythm again. We need a consistent, regular, back 4. We need the midfield and forward line to gel. Our "purple" players need time to recover from injuries and fatigue. We don't need any more disruptive factors. We need to regroup and rebuild confidence.

Maybe somehow we stay up. Maybe somehow, against all odds, Pardew stays. Maybe somehow, over the course of the summer, he signs some more players (strikers, defence, whatever) - and he ships out Jonas, Shola, Williamson and brings in some quality. Maybe he has some sort of miraculous conversionary experience and becomes a football management genius and we see ourselves rise up the table. Will he be forgiven for the diabolical shite he served up this year? Will we ever grow to like or appreciate the man at all?

Can't see it. :undecided:

Guest Haris Vuckic

Didn't back him in summer. didn't replace our best player after losing him in January.

Neither as poor a decision as not sacking him.

We'll be saying that about the next guy in a year.

Neither as poor a decision as not sacking him.

We'll be saying that about the next guy in a year.

If he's as fucking shite as this one then probably.