Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest Haris Vuckic

Lots of hazy eyed revisionism I'm afraid.

I'm not saying we aimlessly hoofed it but we had a very direct style.

We did play long ball at times, it wasn't our default style of play and it wasn't aimless like it is under our current idiot.  We did play with wingers, we had wingers who could hit our own player because we actually had a game plan which involved getting at the opposition, rather than hitting it long to nobody in an attempt to get rid of the ball.

Again as I said - better suited because of the personnel.

We are the most effected by it because for whatever reason we've had to make the most changes of personnel in the league bar QPR and how many of them are good enough?

If that's true, why are our players so tired?

We did play long ball at times, it wasn't our default style of play and it wasn't aimless like it is under our current idiot.  We did play with wingers, we had wingers who could hit our own player because we actually had a game plan which involved getting at the opposition, rather than hitting it long to nobody in an attempt to get rid of the ball.

Er yeah. Obviously. So why does Pardew choose to employ it?

Guest Haris Vuckic

We are the most effected by it because for whatever reason we've had to make the most changes of personnel in the league bar QPR and how many of them are good enough?

A lot of them have been injured a lot of them have played their part in a 50 game season.

Curbishley ffs. It's easy to play this game.

"I'd like a new striker"

"You what?! You want to sign Ade Akinbiyi?!"

"Umm well a full back maybe?"

"Oh so now you're happy to re-sign Peter Ramage?!"

How many examples are there of us paying more for a replacement than we got for the player sold?

With players Ashley can justify a few quid more too, as he can potentially recoup it.  He knows whatever he pays a manager he's not getting back.

Shouldn't the question be how many have been replaced with better, rather than how much we paid for them?

It would be if there were better cheaper managers available.  A new manager wouldn't be financed by sacking Pardew, it would be additional cost.

I always wondered about the confused message of our transfer policy (keep the manager out, makes it easier to sack him) and then giving the manager an 8 year deal, making it harder to sack him.

Are there not like? ???

Not sure why you think being cheaper is an essential requirement - notice you ignored Dave's question about Ashley spending £20m in January. When has he done that before?

I've not seen any more recent salaries since this...

http://www.trophy4toon.co.uk/index.php/premier-league-salaries/

You tell me who's be willing to come for less pay than Chelsea's fitness coach gets.

I hadn't seen Dave's question before you asked.  Ashley's never spent £20m in January before.  That suggests to me that he took the vblame for the lack of spending in the Summer though...or he would have sacked Pardew rather than give him that cash.  He had to do one or the other to ensure the windfall next seasons TCV deal will bring.

So why did he buy Cisse last January? He didn't need to do that did he?

He spent £8m on a player who they had asked £14m for in Summer and we had walked away from despite having £35m to replace the player sold.

Got a bargain.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Er yeah. Obviously. So why does Pardew choose to employ it?

It worked a treat last year - like his other ideas that haven't worked this year.

I think with Demba playing off Shola it worked well at times but it's fairly useless with Shola/Cisse. I'd probably say half of it is tactics - mainly second half tactics and the other half is players shitting themselves.

You tell me who'd be willing to come for less pay than Chelsea's fitness coach gets.

I hadn't seen Dave's question before you asked.  Ashley's never spent £20m in January before.  That suggests to me that he took the vblame for the lack of spending in the Summer though...or he would have sacked Pardew rather than give him that cash.  He had to do one or the other to ensure the windfall next seasons TCV deal will bring.

That link is full of pure speculation.

We can only hope, Mick. Got to have faith that he'll buck the trend, even if history suggests otherwise.

We don't have a history of changing managers in the summer.

Guest Haris Vuckic

If Pardew is staying, we might as well flog Cabaye and use the money to buy Carroll and some better wingers. Deadly serious too.

Yep.

Less of the inverted wingers - just give him two quick lads who can stick a ball on somebody's head.

Nobody minds ''shite'' football if it wins by a couple.

Curbishley ffs. It's easy to play this game.

"I'd like a new striker"

"You what?! You want to sign Ade Akinbiyi?!"

"Umm well a full back maybe?"

"Oh so now you're happy to re-sign Peter Ramage?!"

How many examples are there of us paying more for a replacement than we got for the player sold?

With players Ashley can justify a few quid more too, as he can potentially recoup it.  He knows whatever he pays a manager he's not getting back.

Shouldn't the question be how many have been replaced with better, rather than how much we paid for them?

It would be if there were better cheaper managers available.  A new manager wouldn't be financed by sacking Pardew, it would be additional cost.

I always wondered about the confused message of our transfer policy (keep the manager out, makes it easier to sack him) and then giving the manager an 8 year deal, making it harder to sack him.

Are there not like? ???

Not sure why you think being cheaper is an essential requirement - notice you ignored Dave's question about Ashley spending £20m in January. When has he done that before?

You tell me who's be willing to come for less pay than Chelsea's fitness coach gets.

So why did he buy Cisse last January? He didn't need to do that did he?

He spent £8m on a player who they had asked £14m for in Summer and we had walked away from despite having £35m to replace the player sold.

Got a bargain.

I never asked you if it was a bargain. You've argued that he never spends money unless absolutely necessary (hence why he won't pay any more for a new manager).

Why did he buy Cisse when the team could obviously get by? Why did he buy Anita when the team could obviously get by?

Did you ever watch Bobby Robson''s teams? There was a good deal of long ball/reliance on wingers sticking it in the box.

:lol:

I suggest you get your season reviews out. Watch em back .

Also don't twist my argument - I was referencing style of play - not pragmatism/aggression.

So what the f*** is your argument exactly?

I was talking to DISCO who was planning on asking Pardew why :-

'' 'Why in 2.5 years at Newcastle have you not been able to implement a style of play that means regardless of the personnel available the players will be comfortable & familiar playing a style that best suits their abilities?'''

Now when I read that I think of a Ajax/Barcelona or lately Dortmund type system which I can't remember us having before.

So my point was that the styles of play that Robson/Hughton used didn't rely on that type in house hegemony - it was fairly simple stuff.

You don't have to have a Barcelona like academy to stamp some sort of team ethos on your squad. We lose a few players to injury and Pardew hasn't got a f***ing clue what he's doing and we go on massive runs of s*** form. It's partly down to a lack of quality in reserve, but we aren't the only team in the league who have that problem but we certainly seem the most effected by it.

Most of them are good enough. Williamson and Perch are the only players that spring to mind who aren't really good enough for this league who have been forced into numerous starts this season because of injury. He chooses not to play Marveaux and Anita.

Here's our appearance list down to Harper (with 4 starts):

http://i.imgur.com/0tRmoeE.png

Guest Haris Vuckic

We played to our strengths, we don't do that under Pardew.

Because we don't have many of them - certainly not on the pitch at the same time anyway.

If Pardew is staying, we might as well flog Cabaye and use the money to buy Carroll and some better wingers. Deadly serious too.

Yep.

Less of the inverted wingers - just give him two quick lads who can stick a ball on somebody's head.

Nobody minds ''shite'' football if it wins by a couple.

Mate he's not going to change his attacking philosophy no matter who the players are. He likes to either nick a goal then get everyone back and defend the lead, or keep it tight until 70 mins then throw flair players on to try and win it. That's all he knows and all he will ever know. Doesn't matter who the players are.

A lot of them have been injured a lot of them have played their part in a 50 game season.

Your contradicting yourself man.

Aside from Everton with 44, every club that finished in the top eight last season has played 50+ games.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Yep.

Nobody minds ''s****'' football if it wins by a couple.

Mate he's not going to change his attacking philosophy no matter who the players are. He likes to either nick a goal then get everyone back and defend the lead, or keep it tight until 70 mins then throw flair players on to try and win it. That's all he knows and all he will ever know. Doesn't matter who the players are.

Well you better get your bedsheets out on Sunday because it's what we've got for the foreseeable.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Aside from Everton with 44, every club that finished in the top eight last season has played 50+ games.

And how many have better strength in depth? Most of them.

We had to bring Nile Ranger on this year man. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Wahey, the excuses are still coming eh ?.

Fuck me Pardew really is a David Koresh. The Pied Piper of numbnuts.

We've actually got good strength in depth other than our centre backs (which we have suffered because of) and our strikers (who've never been injured :lol:)

It's Pardew who chooses to play Perch or Shola instead of Anita or Marveaux because he's completely shot of ideas.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Because we don't have many of them - certainly not on the pitch at the same time anyway.

Correct, our team of internationals have no strengths.  :lol:

Why did you have to change the meaning of my post and then put a smiley on the end?

A said we don't have many - which we don't - we are very obvious and part of that's down to the manager part of it is down to the team.