Alan Pardew

Mike

They say "stability" but make no mistake, Pardew wont be allowed to have another season like this one.

Problem is, who'll be available when he's sacked? And will the players still be here?

Guest Howaythetoon

Top 10? :lol:

That's the height of this club's ambition man! Why we even bother going for players like Cabaye, Ben Arfa et al I do not know, we are wasting our time and their time and of course fans' time.

Mind that is about our level, mid-table. Especially when you take into account our meagre gates, place in the world rich list for revenue and that we have an owner who cannot even afford a glass of coke.

Top ten, such a thrilling proposition :lol:

That's the thing, that's what they think is acceptable for us. The fans however have a different opinion. Someone's wrong.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Last time I checked, and by no means do I have a street wise education, but Top 10 did include positions such as 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and a few others I forget about.

What's wrong with this?

Or should we be finishing Top 3?

The board surely won't tolerate us starting next season like he ended this one, which is probably what will happen.

However is it bad I'm concerned now he'll do alright next season? He's too limited a manager to take us far but may be able to do enough to keep himself perpetually in the fucking job

Last time I checked, and by no means do I have a street wise education, but Top 10 did include positions such as 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and a few others I forget about.

What's wrong with this?

I understand DL says "at the least", is probably trying to dampen expectations and may secretly have higher ambitions himself, but it's just the thought of it being a case for celebration.

It's also the fact we could have still finished 10th on the last day of this season if results had gone the right way. By no means would that have made it a successful season.

I'm sure "top 8" was the previous benchmark as well, but could be wrong :laugh:

Also, "competing in the top half" doesnt mean aiming for tenth.

"We are now looking forward and are entirely focussed on the forthcoming campaign, with the expectation of at least a top-ten finish in the Premier League."

This is the bit I think people are meaning.

Twice in the last decade, I think, is the amount of times we've finished top ten. Should we really expect more ?

Depends on whether you think we should balance our spending i.e. no extra money from Ashley.

with the expectation of at least a top-ten finish in the Premier League.

Is he supposed to say top 4?  2nd?  Champions?  From the expectations thread the median expected finish was about 8th or 9th as i remember.  How does that not fit with what he says?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What's wrong with this?

I understand DL says "at the least", is probably trying to dampen expectations and may secretly have higher ambitions himself, but it's just the thought of it being a case for celebration.

It's also the fact we could have still finished 10th on the last day of this season if results had gone the right way. By no means would that have made it a successful season.

As for this season's table it was madness, so many clubs were in the Relegation 'Dog Fight' until the 2nd/3rd last week of the season. It was packed accept for the 2 top teams and the small chasing pack underneath. Premier League is average and the teams are similar (probably a discussion for another thread).

I'm just trying to understand the vitriol towards everything at the moment, as it really is everything.

No Statement - Rage.

Statement - Rage.

Could it be that they've (somewhat) sensibly reassessed targets for next season based on this one, and suggested that next season Top 10 is the least they'll accept going forward (and then they'll change when things improve)?

Where do you guys honestly see us as a club?

Guest neesy111

Nothing about aiming to do anything in the cups, providing better football than the shite all season long.  Club's only ambition is to break even or post a profit to pay back Ashley.

Nothing about aiming to do anything in the cups, providing better football than the shite all season long.  Club's only ambition is to break even or post a profit to pay back Ashley.

Actually, if you're at least semi literate there was.

He'll be gone by Xmas lads don't worry.

Logically he wouldn't have been hired in the first place, logically he would have been fired by now, there's no reason to think he won't be here beyond next season.

Coloccini, Cabaye, Ben Arfa all gone now. They don't want to play for that man and they don't want another relegation battle. Most of our squad will be putting the feelers out now, at least the ones worth having.

Massive squad overhaul on the horizon. Selling some of the most talented players ever to play for Newcastle = stability.

What's wrong with this?

Can't imagine 10th would be a cause for celebration for anyone at the club (bar Pardew if it meant keeping his job).

As I see it, any lower than 8th again and I can see them showing him the door.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Actually, if you're at least semi literate there was.

I;ts nesst