Alan Pardew

Mike

"Still no praise for Pardew, canny. 'Clogging style' had other managers stumped for a full season. Aye sounds legit" Brett.

Can't quote properly atm. Anyhow on this, Pardew deserves credit for what he did, and he's been given it tbf. When you boil that season down though his main successes were organisation and player management. He did nothing clever tactically which he paid the price for last season.

As for 'stumping' other managers are you truly that clueless? We were outplayed for a lot of games that season, we just had 2 very in form strikers scoring goals often of their own creation. Plus Ben Arfa came back at a great time to add another dimension to the team, the same dimension Pardew has gone out of his way to abandon I might add.

So if he is taking the credit for 5th and assuming that being outplayed and relying on goals from nothing from ba and Cisse was his tactical masterplan then I'm more than welcome to credit the guy.

Unlike you however I could see through it when it was working, therefore he deserves the full extent of the criticism he's had for being a poor, one dimensional and outdated coach since he was found out.

The stumping other managers for a full season was a sarcastic comment as you claimed they never sussed him till last season but if his tactics were so one dimensional, why did it last a full season? Why couldn't managers during that season figure him out? How didn't Brendan Rodgers figure out that we would turn up, press his team all over the pitch then hit them with slick counter attacking football when they gave away posession? Why couldn't fergie work we would target their centre backs and would use the long ball to good effect? Why couldn't a lot of teams break us down? It wasn't simply a season of wonder goals and getting bailed out by two players. Our tactics were spot on, our organisation was brilliant, our work rate was superb and confidence was sky high. We hit a few bad spells and took a few maulings but we bounced back and showed good character when we did. Nobody expected us to achieve what we did, expectations went through the roof the next summer, sign more players, we are in Europe, start of something good again, the whole city was given a massive lift, you could just feel it around town during the season and Europe had everyone dreaming again. Christ, at one point we were even thinking about Champions League!!! Unfortunately it all came crumbling away last season and turned into an absolute nightmare, atmosphere had the opposite effect, you were going to games more anxious and worried at what the outcome might be, you could sense the nerves and tension. That's why i've said a good start is crucial this season, a win against west ham would be massive and then back it up against Fulham to get the confidence flowing and the belief factor back around the city, kick on from there and anything is possible again.

On the phone so can't make a full reply but leaving aside the amount of things that went his way that season to answer the above overall point: we only played each team twice Brett. As you say we were organised, full of confidence and had strikers in fine form. Last season was always the test cause we were no longer the surprise and teams looked at how we finished 5th then tried to counter how we did it. It worked, Pardew was worked out and he had no answer to it other than crying about new players all the time. Can't believe this still needs explaining like.

Imo he knew he'd been found out last season too, that's why his breakdown was so spectacular.

I just don't get how a player who can't do owt on the ball, isn't a goal threat and is often a liability with his tackling can be seen as a potentially good player by anyone. Tiote's true colours were revealed a while ago, I don't get why people want to deny it.

But haven't you previously agreed that Tiote was good for us in the first 1 or 1.5 seasons here prior to being "found out"? In which case you're now contracting yourself surely, since he wasn't scoring goals/doing anything on the ball back then and was only slightly less of a liability with his tackling (more of a liability with his wayward passing) than he is now?

Over the summer things simmer down with regards hatred for him and then he starts giving interviews and appears to have learned nothing judging by pre season team and performances. I fucking hate the bloke,he is such a cretin

Over the summer things simmer down with regards hatred for him and then he starts giving interviews and appears to have learned nothing judging by pre season team and performances. I f***ing hate the bloke,he is such a cretin

Things are no different now regarding Pardew than they were last season as far as I'm concerned.

He was a bad manager then and he is a bad manager now - he is out of his depth at this club, just as he has been at the smaller clubs he managed before.

We need him out - end of.

Over the summer things simmer down with regards hatred for him and then he starts giving interviews and appears to have learned nothing judging by pre season team and performances. I f***ing hate the bloke,he is such a cretin

Things are no different now regarding Pardew than they were last season as far as I'm concerned.

He was a bad manager then and he is a bad manager now - he is out of his depth at this club, just as he has been at the smaller clubs he managed before.

We need him out - end of.

Totally agree, but over the summer when out of mind you forget slightly just how much of a cunt he is especially with the JFK shit, and now it hits home again and fills you full of dread knowing you have to watch all the turgid displays that he serves up each weak and excuse after excuse. I don't here other teams complaining about the finance thing. It's like they give up before they start, if other teams have better finance then we have to be innovative and try and make up that ground in other ways. Developing a good youth system would be a start. Hell sell fucking Cabaye if it means you can improve two areas of the team.

I just can't believe we don't have the financial capabilities of any team outside the top 5 or 6, we must have the biggest match day revenue and other things

Had to laugh at the Sunday Supplement. Henry Winter, not sure if our players are good enough, but apparently we have a good good manager so should be fine. Its the other way round ffs.

Had to laugh at the Sunday Supplement. Henry Winter, not sure if our players are good enough, but apparently we have a good good manager so should be fine. Its the other way round ffs.

Pardew has made them look bad.

Give Pardew Everton and Swansea's squad he would take them down.

Guest bimpy474

I watched the same, it was a bit baffling.

I just saw Skeletor mentioned Perch's contribution today for Wigan and got me thinking about Hughton. Perch was one of his worse signings yet he turned out to be a pretty important squad player in the end. It will be interesting to see how Hughton develops with Norwich because I'm pretty sure the only reason he got sacked was that Llambias wanted his pal installed as manager.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8877092/

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew bemoans financial imbalance in Premier League

Alan Pardew believes Newcastle cannot compete with the likes of Manchester City, insisting Financial Fair Play has done little to bridge the gap.

The Magpies boss has only brought in Loic Remy on-loan from QPR this summer, whereas his counterpart Manuel Pellegrini has invested almost £100m in his City squad.

And Pardew admits that, as much as he would like to spend more to improve his side, he just doesn't have the means to do so.

"We just can't compete with City, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal," Pardew told The Sunday People.

"The teams in the Champions League positions with that extra revenue is beginning to be a concern.

"Financial Fair Play was supposed to even things out a bit, but it doesn't seem to have had any impact at all.

"Our business model is such that we can't generate money like City can, therefore the gap remains."

The Magpies travel to Manchester on Monday night, with City unbeaten in their last 13 matches against Pardew's men, a fact knows has to be addressed.

"We have never done well against them," he added.

"We've done well in patches, but not an entire game."

Guest bimpy474

Funny that Spurs, Liverpool and other clubs can spend though.

We are stuck with an owner that really wants to sell but can't, so he doesn't want to spend. We're fucked at the moment.