Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest icemanblue

Complain all summer about not spending as much as our supposed rivals. Complain when the manager does the same. :lol:

We need to step up our game to compete with teams that finished on the same points as us last year. Just think about what he's actually saying there.

Even after their current spending spree, I'd be interested to see how those teams stacked up against ours man for man. West Ham are the team I'd be least confident of facing because Sam is building his team for an effective long ball game. We do need a couple more signings but the main difference between the teams in the middle of the pack will be the management, and that's where the rest have an advantage.

Also, you would have to think we would 'step up our game' almost by default. No Europe, a few less injuries, a couple of players actually performing to their ability and we'd be there even if Pardew stays exactly the same.

Guest neesy111

Who the fuck has a pie and a pint in a pub nowadays ffs.

The fuck?  Can't beat a pie and a pint.

Heartburn on a plate.

We need to step up our game to compete with teams that finished on the same points as us last year. Just think about what he's actually saying there.

Even after their current spending spree, I'd be interested to see how those teams stacked up against ours man for man. West Ham are the team I'd be least confident of facing because Sam is building his team for an effective long ball game. We do need a couple more signings but the main difference between the teams in the middle of the pack will be the management, and that's where the rest have an advantage.

Also, you would have to think we would 'step up our game' almost by default. No Europe, a few less injuries, a couple of players actually performing to their ability and we'd be there even if Pardew stays exactly the same.

If you accept Pardew's excuses then yes. Personally I would put a lot of the problems of last season down to him not knowing how to set out his team. Once we'd decided passing was the way to go, he didn't know how to get that to work either.

Who the fuck has a pie and a pint in a pub nowadays ffs.

The fuck?  Can't beat a pie and a pint.

Heartburn on a plate.

You're drinking pints wrong, neesy!

Daft lad has been dipping his pie in it. Mince aaaal owa the glass.

If you accept Pardew's excuses then yes. Personally I would put a lot of the problems of last season down to him not knowing how to set out his team. Once we'd decided passing was the way to go, he didn't know how to get that to work either.

I don't really disagree, Pardew was largely to blame. Or at least he was unable to solve the problems, which is effectively the same thing. But I do think last season was also well below average for other reasons, some of which won't exist this time around.

I don't really disagree, Pardew was largely to blame. Or at least he was unable to solve the problems, which is effectively the same thing. But I do think last season was also well below average for other reasons, some of which won't exist this time around.

yeah we have one very big cursing reason things might not go well in the form of JFK instead.

yeah we have one very big cursing reason things might not go well in the form of JFK instead.

No doubt it's a bad appointment, but once the season starts I doubt he'll have much effect.

There were many factors to our shitness last season. Some of which out of Pardew's control, he was just incompetent on handling those issues. Maybe he's learnt from some of his mistakes fro, last season but I am not holding my breath, also, evidence from pre-season suggests otherwise.

Even though I have been apathetic towards us this summer the perverse side of me is actually looking forward to the game tonight, that is until approx 10 mins in.

No doubt it's a bad appointment, but once the season starts I doubt he'll have much effect.

just wait til he decides he wants to go out on the training ground

Guest neesy111

The fact that Kinnear has an office at the training ground, scares me.  You'd think a DoF would just have an office at the Stadium?

The fact that Kinnear has an office at the training ground, scares me.  You'd think a DoF would just have an office at the Stadium?

well Llambias had an office at the training ground too, seems to be where we do most of our business regardless

Darth Vader had an office on the death star, doesn't mean much tbh.

s*** analogy, dude was de facto second in command of the Empire.

Kinnear is defacto second in command at NUFC. :lol:

does that mean flunkies can order Kinnear around like they did Vader?

I dont think he needs orderd about tbh.

Say what you want but Kinnear is overseeing NUFC for Ashley. Flunkies ordering him around? He found and invaded Hoth.

Guest icemanblue

At this point, I'd take a few more pages of over the top Pardew bashing. Actually, I'd take another financial discussion, too.