Alan Pardew

Mike

he openly criticised Ashley for getting it wrong last summer.

The next day he said "I'm not criticising Mike or Derek [Llambias, the club's chief executive]," said Pardew. "That would be ridiculous"

No doubt got a phone call and was told to apologise.

Oh, he won't kick up a fuss, that's true. But as we've discussed many times, any manager will have to work with the regime so it's not really a valid criticism.

It's not a vaild criticism of a bloke who's in a job he doesn't deserve and knows it.

It is a vaild criticism of a man with some self respect.

I don't really see it. He knows he has a great opportunity here and he's fitting in with the system in order to make a go of it. I don't see what's wrong with that.

Un f***ing believable :lol:

Great contribution as always Jack.

As I've said many times, there are loads of things to criticise Pardew for, but not walking away is not one of them. So he has landed a job he probably isn't good enough for? What should he do, not try and give it a go? It's not like he's going to get a job as big as ours again.

It's a good point,  not many men would turn the job down and certainly wont toss it away.  He is highly paid, high profile position,  his name is in the media.  So what if his job ultimately includes deceiving the fans and the players.  They are certainly dirtier jobs out there.

:jesuswept:

Oh, he won't kick up a fuss, that's true. But as we've discussed many times, any manager will have to work with the regime so it's not really a valid criticism.

It's not a vaild criticism of a bloke who's in a job he doesn't deserve and knows it.

It is a vaild criticism of a man with some self respect.

I don't really see it. He knows he has a great opportunity here and he's fitting in with the system in order to make a go of it. I don't see what's wrong with that.

Un f***ing believable :lol:

Great contribution as always Jack.

As I've said many times, there are loads of things to criticise Pardew for, but not walking away is not one of them. So he has landed a job he probably isn't good enough for? What should he do, not try and give it a go? It's not like he's going to get a job as big as ours again.

It's a good point,  not many men would turn the job down and certainly wont toss it away.  He is highly paid, high profile position,  his name is in the media.  So what if his job ultimately includes deceiving the fans and the players.  They are certainly dirtier jobs out there.

:lol:

Not really the angle I was coming from, but I see what you're saying!

He says too much to the media and needs to think before he opens his mouth is my view.

Basically what I've said all along. All of the conspiracy theories and PR machine concepts are ridiculous IMO, he just chats on too much in interviews.

I'm staring at this wide eyed, not believing what I'm reading. Conspiracy theories for fucks sake :lol: You've had it spelled out to you by someone that knew Pardew had the job months before it happened. Your stance on this is utterly, utterly ridiculous and I really don't know what you're getting out of it.

He says too much to the media and needs to think before he opens his mouth is my view.

Basically what I've said all along. All of the conspiracy theories and PR machine concepts are ridiculous IMO, he just chats on too much in interviews.

I'm staring at this wide eyed, not believing what I'm reading. Conspiracy theories for fucks sake :lol: You've had it spelled out to you by someone that knew Pardew had the job months before it happened. Your stance on this is utterly, utterly ridiculous and I really don't know what you're getting out of it.

Can you stop responding to me then? I can't be bothered to explain it to you again, and your posts are really annoying.

Can you stop responding to me then? I can't be bothered to explain it to you again, and your posts are really annoying.

I can see why they would be annoying.

he openly criticised Ashley for getting it wrong last summer.

The next day he said "I'm not criticising Mike or Derek [Llambias, the club's chief executive]," said Pardew. "That would be ridiculous"

No doubt got a phone call and was told to apologise.

So the apology cleans the slate.

If we don't bring anyone in this summer, other than Remy, and Cabaye goes at 10.55pm on Monday night then financially its been a decent window. Do you think Pardew is going to be happy? I personally don't but some people clearly think he would be because the club had a profitable window.   

If balance is allowed here, and I realise it probably isn't, the remarks relating to part of Pardew's remit being to reduce or rationalise the wage bill must be taken in the context of what it was at the time he was appointed and who the highest earners were.

Against a backdrop of years of being a benevolent pension fund for aging has-beens it seems like a perfectly reasonable challenge to set the new manager. Any fair minded soul would probably say he (they) have been reasonably successful in that aspect of the job.

That said his remark about HBA was just plain stupid.

Don't mean to get on your back but I've noticed whenever anyone criticises you on here all I ever see is " I can't be bothered to explain myself again". I must be missing it then cus I never actually see you resolve any disagreement you have with anyone on here. You seem to just throw in this line and hope they go away :)

If balance is allowed here, and I realise it probably isn't, the remarks relating to part of Pardew's remit being to reduce or rationalise the wage bill must be taken in the context of what it was at the time he was appointed and who the highest earners were.

Against a backdrop of years of being a benevolent pension fund for aging has-beens it seems like a perfectly reasonable challenge to set the new manager. Any fair minded soul would probably say he (they) have been reasonably successful in that aspect of the job.

That's a fair point about reducing the wage bill by unloading those who were overpaid. I would think any club would want a "cost effective" squad. Although again I would have to say that I am really not convinced that he has much of say on transfer dealings or ever has had.

I'd say that's a fair point. Given what's been going on with Cabaye though (no bids, Pardew talking about losing him.....bids) I find it borderline insulting for anyone to suggest that Pardew isn't doing Ashley's bidding through the press, particularly given the terms of his employment at the time. Do you think those terms changed when he signed a new contract? I don't.

Whether Cabaye wants to leave or not isn't really the issue imo, since the bid from Arsenal we've had the player not making any appearances and detailed figures in the press about how much we will accept and when we'll accept it. And I'm supposed to believe that Pardew isn't trying to finance new players by flogging Cabaye? :lol: That's the part that rubs me up the wrong way, because we shouldn't have to be selling anyone to finance a new striker.

That's a fair point about reducing the wage bill by unloading those who were overpaid. I would think any club would want a "cost effective" squad. Although again I would have to say that I am really not convinced that he has much of say on transfer dealings or ever has had.

Don't cloud the issue. Having a say in transfers (Golfmag explicitly told us that this part of Pardew's contract was unusual in that it spelled out that he absolutely did not have a say) is a totally different matter to inviting bids for our players via the press at the owner's demand.

Don't mean to get on your back but I've noticed whenever anyone criticises you on here all I ever see is " I can't be bothered to explain myself again". I must be missing it then cus I never actually see you resolve any disagreement you have with anyone on here. You seem to just throw in this line and hope they go away :)

:lol:

I those posts you mention must be seen in context of the fact that I've had to make the same argument over and over again for many, many months. I've just run out of the endurance required to make them again.

Agreed. He will be part of a "committee" which includes Carr, Charnley etc but will have no final say.

I also think that, contrary to what some think, that's the way it is at most clubs nowadays and that we will eventually evolve to the European model of a "manager" who handles transfers and commercial matters and a "coach" who works with the players and picks the team.

Don't cloud the issue. Having a say in transfers (Golfmag explicitly told us that this part of Pardew's contract was unusual in that it spelled out that he absolutely did not have a say) is a totally different matter to inviting bids for our players via the press at the owner's demand.

;D

Forgive my ignorance of how transfer deals are conducted but, if there's an ounce of truth in this conspiracy theory, wouldn't it just be easier to send an email to Everton along the lines of "do you wanna buy Ben Arfa".

Guest icemanblue

;D

Forgive my ignorance of how transfer deals are conducted but, if there's an ounce of truth in this conspiracy theory, wouldn't it just be easier to send an email to Everton along the lines of "do you wanna buy Ben Arfa".

Football clubs can only communicate via the press. Don't act ignorant.

But do people think the overall strategy of 'reducing the wage bill' or making the club more self-sufficient is exactly the same as 'actively trying to sell anyone we can'? Honest question.

And also, why does Pardew have so little say in transfers if his personal goal (make money from player sales) is so closely aligned to what Ashley wants to do anyway.

Benwell Lad's post is spot on IMO.

;D

Why don't we just deal with Cabaye for now? Why would that be 'easier'? Is it difficult for Pardew to talk about losing players in the press, like?

Btw I love that it's now been called a conspiracy theory twice. As if the assertion that Ashley would rather finance new players by selling players we already have is some sort of wild, philosophical musing.

TBF it actually has only happened with Carroll. I don't doubt he would love to bring some money in, I'm just not sure you can logically extend that to mean we're actively shopping all our best players to our rivals.