Alan Pardew

Mike

Boss Alan Pardew will not want to lose Ba but is realistic enough to know that his departure is a possibility. He admitted back in September – unprompted – that a release clause was still in the striker’s contract and that Newcastle are “vulnerable” to predatory clubs. “There is that clause in his contract and it makes us vulnerable. It’s still open in the next window,” he had said.

While we're on the subject  :lol:

Everything he said there was perfectly fine, but the bolded bit just didn't need saying  :facepalm:

clubs knew about it either way. Ba's "people" looking for their cut of the transfer would have made sure it was widely known

Boss Alan Pardew will not want to lose Ba but is realistic enough to know that his departure is a possibility. He admitted back in September – unprompted – that a release clause was still in the striker’s contract and that Newcastle are “vulnerable” to predatory clubs. “There is that clause in his contract and it makes us vulnerable. It’s still open in the next window,” he had said.

Everything he said there was perfectly fine, but the bolded bit just didn't need saying  :facepalm:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-keep-demba-ba-as-75million-1198658

Everyone thought this until Pardew felt the urge to tell us he was still available.

Guest bimpy474

clubs knew about it either way. Ba's "people" looking for their cut of the transfer would have made sure it was widely known

While true our manager doesn't have to shout it from the rooftops. He could have just said nothing, or we dont want to sell. Not "oh by the way, his clause is still active". Just ridiculous management.

Guest firetotheworks

Does no one else think that it's weird how the likes of Dalglish, Gullit, Souness, Roeder, Allardyce and so on were completely ripped apart by fans on here and fans at matches, yet post-relegation we hear nothing aimed towards Pardew? We were often accused of being deluded about our place in the league and where we 'should' be. You could say that we're still deluded, it's just that the scales have tipped in the other direction.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-keep-demba-ba-as-75million-1198658

Everyone thought this until Pardew felt the urge to tell us he was still available.

Please tell me that you don't actually believe that Ba's agents didn't know about this clause.

Please tell me that you don't actually believe that Ba's agents didn't know about this clause.

Obviously not. You're missing the point anyway so you're wasting your time.

Does no one else think that it's weird how the likes of Dalglish, Gullit, Souness, Roeder, Allardyce and so on were completely ripped apart by fans on here and fans at matches, yet post-relegation we hear nothing aimed towards Pardew? We were often accused of being deluded about our place in the league and where we 'should' be. You could say that we're still deluded, it's just that the scales have tipped in the other direction.

I think the owner absorbs most of the flak, and Pards seems to be regarded as a scapegoat by the fans. Not really his fault seems to be the general consensus.

Guest bimpy474

On pure football and performances Pardew should have been sacked times over, he's still manager because of Ashley and Ashley utter lack of common sense or football know how.

Ashley takes all the flak now, that deflects away away from Pardew IMO.

Doesn't Pardew get hammered all the time?

Ashley takes all the flak now, that deflects away away from Pardew IMO.

Doesn't Pardew get hammered all the time?

On here yes. At the ground, no.

Perhaps you would care to explain your point then?

My point is that Pardew 'revealing' the existence of the clause has absolutely no bearing on whether Ba would be sold or not.  Any interested buyer would know about the clause.  You and I may not have known about it, but that is irrelevant.

Guest firetotheworks

Ashley doesn't get hammered at SJP either, though. At no point last season did I hear anything aimed at anyone other than the players. There were boos, definitely, but I went to every home match and never heard anything directed towards Pardew or Ashley. Ever.

My point is that Pardew 'revealing' the existence of the clause has absolutely no bearing on whether Ba would be sold or not.  Any interested buyer would know about the clause.  You and I may not have known about it, but that is irrelevant.

:lol:

Of course it has bearing. Most managers would have seen the numerous articles we did and assumed he'd now cost twice the release clause. Pardew saying what he did (for no reason...) would have interested clubs that were no longer interested.

Fucking hell.

Guest bimpy474

If Pardew is still here for the remainder of his contract (7years?) :suicide:

I can see him going down as the most hated manager in our history.

If he stays we'll go down imo, so i dont think the 7 years will be seen out tbh.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-boss-still-hopeful-on-transfer-front-1-5999217

“I did think this window would be difficult – with (Hatem) Ben Arfa, Cabaye or Colo (Fabricio Coloccini) or somebody being interested in one of our players.

He loves it :lol:

so in the excuses thread people say that managers of other clubs make excuses all the time right?  do all other managers talk about selling their players to other clubs so much? :lol:

Ashley doesn't get hammered at SJP either, though. At no point last season did I hear anything aimed at anyone other than the players. There were boos, definitely, but I went to every home match and never heard anything directed towards Pardew or Ashley. Ever.

There was plenty of anti-Ashley songs being sung at Morecambe by the fans, and we had the JFK clown banner at the home game. If there is any unrest it's clearly aimed at the owner rather than the manager.

Guest firetotheworks

It would seem that his approach to transfers is exactly the same as his approach to football. Being worried about the opposition. In Pardew Russia, car drives you!

Guest bimpy474

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-boss-still-hopeful-on-transfer-front-1-5999217

“I did think this window would be difficult – with (Hatem) Ben Arfa, Cabaye or Colo (Fabricio Coloccini) or somebody being interested in one of our players.

He loves it :lol:

God he's a depressing twat. The fact he names them is ludicrous

That's my point, just say we aren't interesting in selling anyone. If he gets asked what if a bid comes in. Just say "it wouldn't be welcome".

I hate him.

Of course it has bearing. Most managers would have seen the numerous articles we did and assumed he'd now cost twice the release clause. Pardew saying what he did (for no reason...) would have interested clubs that were no longer interested.

f***ing hell.

Is this a wind up?  Do you honestly think that Benitez reads the newspapers to see if players have release clauses or not?  That sounds realistic - :) 

Ba's agents will have read and negotiated Ba's contract.  They will know the contents of that contract.  Ba's gameplan was to get a transfer to another club.  Ba's agent would have told any manager who would listen that Ba's clause was still active.