Alan Pardew

Mike

Good to see Pardle putting the blame on the fans again.

I can't see the correlation between us being unhappy with the transfer window and him being a shit manager though.

That's exactly it, he exacerbates the idea of NUFC fans being impatient and unreasonable when it's patently not the case.  The people that let him get away with it in our support are braindead, I'm fucking sick of it.  This guy's taking the piss out of the fans and a lot of people can't even see it, many of them falling for the Kinnear decoy.

Sorry, but

We haven't got the finances of a big team

I can't take that. I just can't.

20th richest club in the world iirc. 3rd largest crowds in the PL. But for some completely fucked up reason you say we can't compete with the big clubs. And since not a single one of us expects to compete financially with Man City and Chelsea, I can only assume that by "big" clubs you mean the likes of Southampton, Fulham and fucking Norwich.

Just fuck off you cowardly, lying cockend. We all know that we could compete with them easily if we wanted, we're just owned by a thief who is creaming money out of the club and into his horrid, tatty, charva clothes shop.

We may have some of the highest crowds but we also have the cheapest tickets (not including the free ticket mackems).  In theory, Southampton could get half our crowd & make more money, same goes for a lot of clubs.  Would it be better to have more expensive tickets but have 10,000 empty seats?  Possibly the only good thing that Ashley has done in the last few years is to keep down the price of tickets.

That said, even with lower ticket prices we should still have the cash available to invest in the squad & there are absolutely no excuses for the way in which the club have acted in failing to invest.

That's rubbish about Southampton, there isn't a hope in hell they could charge twice as much as us and fill their ground.

I can't see the correlation between us being unhappy with the transfer window and him being a s*** manager though.

That's exactly it, he exacerbates the idea of NUFC fans being impatient and unreasonable when it's patently not the case.  The people that let him get away with it in our support are braindead, I'm f***ing sick of it.  This guy's taking the p*ss out of the fans and a lot of people can't even see it, many of them falling for the Kinnear decoy.

:thup:

I don't know how anyone can stomach the "man" that is Alan Pardew :lol:

My interest in NUFC is at about a 3 on a scale of 1-100 until this shambles of a human being is gone.

Fair play to anyone still responding to Ian/BretNUFC/ect. :lol:

Sorry, but

20th richest club in the world iirc. 3rd largest crowds in the PL. But for some completely fucked up reason you say we can't compete with the big clubs. And since not a single one of us expects to compete financially with Man City and Chelsea, I can only assume that by "big" clubs you mean the likes of Southampton, Fulham and fucking Norwich.

Just fuck off you cowardly, lying cockend. We all know that we could compete with them easily if we wanted, we're just owned by a thief who is creaming money out of the club and into his horrid, tatty, charva clothes shop.

I take your points but I don't think there's anything wrong with the statement "We haven't got the finances of a big team," of itself. We're not bankrolled by Russian or Arab oil money. We don't have the commercial reach of Man United to sell an ungodly number of shirts in every corner of the globe.

You're right that doesn't mean we shouldn't be doing better in transfer windows. But there's nothing wrong with the actual statement.

I can't see the correlation between us being unhappy with the transfer window and him being a shit manager though.

That's exactly it, he exacerbates the idea of NUFC fans being impatient and unreasonable when it's patently not the case.  The people that let him get away with it in our support are braindead, I'm fucking sick of it.  This guy's taking the piss out of the fans and a lot of people can't even see it, many of them falling for the Kinnear decoy.

Howay man, you can't expect us to sign anyone over an entire summer. Particularly when members of an already small, brittle squad have been let go and there's the same management that led us to the glory of Premier League survival in the penultimate match last time out.

'Extreme'.

Got to admire the nerve of the man, a day after we sell the ground out to watch some of the greatest players this country has ever produced play for Newcastle again, he's straight back in the press talking about "big teams" and criticizing the fans.

Utter arsehole, just fuck off man. Completely sick of the thoroughly depressing state of affairs that is Alan Pardew's presence on this planet.

Aye, we are the 20th 'most valuable' club apparently. But to put it in perspective we are more than 10 times less valuable than Man Utd.

The problem is that in each league the success, CL qualification and money is stacked so heavily towards the top 2 or 3.

Value is quite an interesting stat to use really, not sure I fully understand what it means we 'should' be able to do.

What the hell are you talking about man, it's not the "nth most valuable" or however wooly you want to make it sound, we pull in the 20th most revenue in Europe.

But no, we can't compete with the superpowers that are Swansea, Norwich, Southampton or West Ham on transfer fees or wages.

I was looking at a list of most valuable football clubs, apologies. Coincidentally we are currently 20th in that too.

Anyway, however you slice it it's difficult to assess how much we can afford to spend based on that isn't it? Revenue is only one part of the financial health of a business.

PS I'm not arguing we are reaching our full potential.

You just pick out the bits you want to pick out, Ian.  We have incredible attendances, we have one of the greatest pulls of any Premier League team for players and potential new fans (although this is waning by the day under the current owner), we had enough money in the coffers last time around to give £11m to a very rich man while leaving the squad short, we have pedigree in European competition and were streets ahead of the likes of Spurs and Everton not that long ago.

You're just being pedantic for the sake of it on here, day after day, night after night.  Some say you add a bit of balance, I say that's a heap of shite.  Bring me a poster who actually has an argument, not someone who just asks daft questions or says "Well OK I think what Pardew says is reasonable" or "All managers say that" or "Actually Pardew talks rubbish, let's please stop talking about it because I don't like loud noises" or "Honestly, please leave me alone, I don't want to talk about anymore" or "I'm going to have a break from the forum because I'm sick of getting picked on".  Take that break man, make it a long one because you're pointless.

Sorry, but

20th richest club in the world iirc. 3rd largest crowds in the PL. But for some completely f***ed up reason you say we can't compete with the big clubs. And since not a single one of us expects to compete financially with Man City and Chelsea, I can only assume that by "big" clubs you mean the likes of Southampton, Fulham and f***ing Norwich.

Just f*** off you cowardly, lying cockend. We all know that we could compete with them easily if we wanted, we're just owned by a thief who is creaming money out of the club and into his horrid, tatty, charva clothes shop.

I take your points but I don't think there's anything wrong with the statement "We haven't got the finances of a big team," of itself. We're not bankrolled by Russian or Arab oil money. We don't have the commercial reach of Man United to sell an ungodly number of shirts in every corner of the globe.

You're right that doesn't mean we shouldn't be doing better in transfer windows. But there's nothing wrong with the actual statement.

There is something utterly wrong with the statement though. He's insinuating that there's a problem with the fans expectations. Ie that we're being unrealistic. And that's simply not what's happening, we just don't expect to have our manager come out and say we can't compete financially with fucking Southampton ffs.

Aye, we are the 20th 'most valuable' club apparently. But to put it in perspective we are more than 10 times less valuable than Man Utd.

The problem is that in each league the success, CL qualification and money is stacked so heavily towards the top 2 or 3.

Value is quite an interesting stat to use really, not sure I fully understand what it means we 'should' be able to do.

What the hell are you talking about man, it's not the "nth most valuable" or however wooly you want to make it sound, we pull in the 20th most revenue in Europe.

But no, we can't compete with the superpowers that are Swansea, Norwich, Southampton or West Ham on transfer fees or wages.

I was looking at a list of most valuable football clubs, apologies. Coincidentally we are currently 20th in that too.

Anyway, however you slice it it's difficult to assess how much we can afford to spend based on that isn't it? Revenue is only one part of the financial health of a business.

You just pick out the bits you want to pick out, Ian.  We have incredible attendances, we have one of the greatest pulls of any Premier League team for players and potential new fans (although this is waning by the day under the current owner), we had enough money in the coffers last time around to give £11m to a very rich man while leaving the squad short, we have pedigree in European competition and were streets ahead of the likes of Spurs and Everton not that long ago.

You're just being pedantic for the sake of it on here, day after day, night after night.  Some say you add a bit of balance, I say that's a heap of shite.  Bring me a poster who actually has an argument, not someone who just asks daft questions or says "Well OK I think what Pardew says is reasonable" or "All managers say that" or "Actually Pardew talks rubbish, let's please stop talking about it because I don't like loud noises" or "Honestly, please leave me alone, I don't want to talk about anymore" or "I'm going to have a break from the forum because I'm sick of getting picked on".  Take that break man, make it a long one because you're pointless.

:lol:

Jesus Christ. Have a word with yourself man, that's absolutely mental.

Sorry, but

20th richest club in the world iirc. 3rd largest crowds in the PL. But for some completely f***ed up reason you say we can't compete with the big clubs. And since not a single one of us expects to compete financially with Man City and Chelsea, I can only assume that by "big" clubs you mean the likes of Southampton, Fulham and f***ing Norwich.

Just f*** off you cowardly, lying cockend. We all know that we could compete with them easily if we wanted, we're just owned by a thief who is creaming money out of the club and into his horrid, tatty, charva clothes shop.

There is something utterly wrong with the statement though. He's insinuating that there's a problem with the fans expectations. Ie that we're being unrealistic. And that's simply not what's happening, we just don't expect to have our manager come out and say we can't compete financially with fucking Southampton ffs.

The money has always been there for players the club feel are the right fit. Part of being the right fit is not paying over the odds.

If the players aren't available for what they want to pay then we just go without and make do. I can see why this frustrates some people.

But the alternative is paying over the odds for players we might not want all that much. I don't think anyone on here would be in favour of another Albert Luque. That kind of transfer isn't sustainable for a club of our size. Man United/City/Chelsea etc can afford to spunk away money on players who may or may not turn out to be good enough. We can't.

I believe that's more what he's getting at.

I don't think even Pards is saying we can't compete with Southampton financially. We just have a different philosophy.

Sorry, but

The money has always been there for players the club feel are the right fit. Part of being the right fit is not paying over the odds.

If the players aren't available for what they want to pay then we just go without and make do. I can see why this frustrates some people.

But the alternative is paying over the odds for players we might not want all that much. I don't think anyone on here would be in favour of another Albert Luque. That kind of transfer isn't sustainable for a club of our size. Man United/City/Chelsea etc can afford to spunk away money on players who may or may not turn out to be good enough. We can't.

I don't think even Pards is saying we can't compete with Southampton financially. We just have a different philosophy.

Exactly, but not an argument that can really make it past the nonsense most of the time.

:lol:

Jesus Christ. Have a word with yourself man, that's absolutely mental.

It's not mental, read it again.  And again and again and again.  That's what you offer on here.  Nowt.

Sorry, but

I see this stuff getting trotted out now and again and don't understand why intelligent people can't see the trend that our outlay on transfers under Ashley's ownership is always basically nil at best overall.  We won't simply pay out on transfers if the value is there, not if it's not taken back with sales.  Christ, the desperate attempt to sell Cabaye should tell you that, we must be at a stage again now where we need a big transfer fee for an outgoing transfer to justify us spending any more money.

The club don't seem to be doing a very good job of finding players who are the "right fit".

In this summer transfer window, I agree. January; they were ace. Summer before that; shite again.

Depends on your definition of "ace" I suppose.

Sorry, but

There is something utterly wrong with the statement though. He's insinuating that there's a problem with the fans expectations. Ie that we're being unrealistic. And that's simply not what's happening, we just don't expect to have our manager come out and say we can't compete financially with f***ing Southampton ffs.

The money has always been there for players the club feel are the right fit.

Stop right there brah. This premise here- this is a completely unproven and unprovable  proposition that just so happens to fit your agenda.

It is also the claim of proven liars who admitted to deliberately misleading and deceiving fans in the past.

Its a load of shit really.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2cpoz0y.gif

The club don't seem to be doing a very good job of finding players who are the "right fit".

In this summer transfer window, I agree. January; they were ace. Summer before that; shite again.

Different situations, innit.  If we're struggling in January we'll try to bail ourselves out again to preserve Premier League status, if we're midtable we'll plod along.

Sorry, but

I see this stuff getting trotted out now and again and don't understand why intelligent people can't see the trend that our outlay on transfers under Ashley's ownership is always basically nil at best overall.  We won't simply pay out on transfers if the value is there, not if it's not taken back with sales.  Christ, the desperate attempt to sell Cabaye should tell you that, we must be at a stage again now where we need a big transfer fee for an outgoing transfer to justify us spending any more money.

We rejected 1 bid. Accepted 0 bids. Can't have been that desperate to sell him.  :lol: