Alan Pardew

Mike

It has to be remembered that most of the lower to mid table clubs who have really strengthened this summer have borrowed on the strength of the TV money they will get next May.  It seems to me that we have decided our squad is now strong enough not to fall into the relegation scrap we were in last season because (a) we dont have the extra games in Europe and (b) we brought in 5 players last January who are now bedded in (and hopefully speaking English) and have replaced BA with Remy on loan, so will be that much stronger over the full season.  IF and its a big IF, we do manage to finish in the top half, then surely we will then be in the enviable position of having all of the TV money to really strengthen the side, when all the others around us have spent their TV money, so that we could push for the top four/six in the following season.  Its all conjecture on my part but knowing NUFC dont borrow money to pay for transfers its a realistic prospect that we are simply waiting for the TV money to land in the bank before spending it.

I think you're missing the point.

Sure, we're not spending next seasons inflated money. I get that. Why though can't we spend this seasons? What we spend in January was surely last seasons because we spent almost nowt the summer before, so where's that gone?

In fact, over the last 5 years we have a net spend of 0. Behind every other club in the league. Here, have a look:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/transfer-league-table-last-five-seasons.html

We're not spending any of our TV money ever, so what gives you the remotest confidence that Ashley is going to do anything other than trouser next years as well?

Well he does own the club and he can trouser as much money as he wants.  Its his money after the fans hand it over.  If you dont like the product he provides dont buy it.  Its as simple as that.

A football club is not the same as any other business! Its a cultural institution that has represented the city of Newcastle for over 100 years. It has been part of some peoples entire lives and is much more than a 'if you don't like it don't spend your money.'

Newcastle United is not Mike Ashley's regardless of if he owns it or not.

Unfortunately not true: it is absolutely his and he can do with it what he wants. This is exactly what he has been doing and will continue to do so.

As with any other company, unhappy customers could cause a change in the running of the company. That is the only solution.... but as long as people show up regardless he has no need to change.

I don't think you understand. We are not customers, we are supporters.

Get real - you are giving him your money and as such, are a customer - you may call yourself a supporter if it makes you feel good(or justifies what you do), but like it or not, you are a customer of Sports Direct when you buy ANYTHING Ashley is selling.

That may be true, but it shouldn't be the case. Hence my opposition to Mike Ashley.

Would it be possible for Keegan to come back if the club gets sold? Would love for that to happen.

Definitely possible, depending on who was the buyer....I think that he would only be manager for a short period if any sale occurred in mid-season and his main role would be as DOF after a new manager was appointed.

Would it be possible for Keegan to come back if the club gets sold? Would love for that to happen.

It would depend. Keegan is a great manager for this club, certainly light years ahead of Pardew, but he would have to realise that any owner is going to run the club on a budget. He had issues previously with the Hall and Shepherd reign after tyhe flotation, and then with Ashley over spending. You can understand that he wants the best players, but in this day and age you also have to balance the books. Would love to see him back, but I can't see him working under today's conditions where a DOF has the  ultimate power on signings.

Guest Haris Vuckic

The game has moved on since Keegan's managerial prime.

I don't think getting him back in would be the answer to be honest.

Can you describe - tactically - how you think game has moved on and why Keegan's style wouldn't suit?

I'd ask you to consult Keegan's pedigree as a player & the managers who inspired him & his tactical approach in his second spell at the club.

2:40 onwards for Keegans comments.

Makes be proud, and sad to watch that :(

Tried to write down what Keegan says about the transfer (at around 3:08).

Is this correct?

-But it's your money. It's the money you spent. It's the money you've spent on your replica shirts, home, away, it's the money you've spent on season tickets and your bonds, and the platinum clubs, and the programs and the Black & White magazines.

-And I see it as my job, and it's a privilege to have the job, of re-investing that money.

-You put it in, and now I put it into the team, so when you come to watch, the product on the park here, is the very very best that we feel we can provide.

-'Cause that's what you deserve.

Unsure about the "home, away". Is that what he says?

I've got a good idea why doesn't a Russian/Arab billionaire buy us and then install Keegan as DOF and Klopp from Borussia Dortmund as manager

I think it would be wonderful to have Keegan involved with the club perhaps in an ambassadorial role.  He would certainly get others to understand what Newcastle means to the supporters and how beneficial it is to the club to embrace the city and supporters rather than alienating them.

I think it would be wonderful to have Keegan involved with the club perhaps in an ambassadorial role.  He would certainly get others to understand what Newcastle means to the supporters and how beneficial it is to the club to embrace the city and supporters rather than alienating them.

I think he'd be perfect in this sort of role to be honest. He always waxes lyrical about us he'd really help put us put there

I don't think he'll ever manage this club again. He might be involved in some capacity but not while Ashley is here.

I think we should move on.

I'm leaning towards this but then I think about what he would get out of these players and the drastic difference in the way we play and  :drool:

We would go into games wanting to win, the change would be so different. We've got a much better squad now, he'd do better than his last spell and we played some good stuff towards the end of that season.

Keegan and Shearers passion and pride is what's sorely missing from us today, it's heart watming to watch that again after so many years but it just drives it even further home how far we have fallen.

The club is an empty shell of a corperate nightmare, there's no soul, no pride, no heart. I fear we'll never get that back.

Keegan and Shearers passion and pride is what's sorely missing from us today, it's heart watming to watch that again after so many years but it just drives it even further home how far we have fallen.

The club is an empty shell of a corperate nightmare, there's no soul, no pride, no heart. I fear we'll never get that back.

We will see the passion again, it's just near impossible to imagine, let alone happen, under Ashley.

We will see the passion again, it's just near impossible to imagine, let alone happen, under Ashley.

We as supporters will never lose the passion, no matter how hard the fat bastard tries, it's the club that worries me, it's a whole different animal to most clubs, being what it is. Freddie Shephard started our downward spiral and Ashley has taken it to a whole new level!

We need a new owner who will let the right people run the club as it should be, trust the right people to do the right job and bring in another Keegan/Robson who knows the region and can restore the pride in our club.

As you say that seems a million miles away right now.

Any window licking, crayon eating, Ashley appologist should be made to watch that video and realise what we were and what we are, if they're still in support of him then they should be dragged out into the street and shot!

Listen to the first few minutes of Sir John Hall and Keegan and its just a bit more damning and painful how far we've fallen....Keegan's talk of being privaleged to have the job and reinvesting the supporters money thats been put into the club...ah man.

Listen to the first few minutes of Sir John Hall and Keegan and its just a bit more damning and painful how far we've fallen....Keegan's talk of being privaleged to have the job and reinvesting the supporters money thats been put into the club...ah man.

Exactly what I was eluding to, Shephard's tenure mad it look much less sharp in our downfall as he royally fucked up in a lot of ways but when you see it without that, as a pure contrast it's damning and depressing how much we've changed and all for the worse.

Will we see the same sort of passion when there'll sit some super rich Arab presenting us 32 year old Cristiano Ronaldo?

No. That sort of passion we'll probably never see again.