Alan Pardew

Mike

Sorry, but

We haven't got the finances of a big team

I can't take that. I just can't.

20th richest club in the world iirc. 3rd largest crowds in the PL. But for some completely f***ed up reason you say we can't compete with the big clubs. And since not a single one of us expects to compete financially with Man City and Chelsea, I can only assume that by "big" clubs you mean the likes of Southampton, Fulham and f***ing Norwich.

Just f*** off you cowardly, lying cockend. We all know that we could compete with them easily if we wanted, we're just owned by a thief who is creaming money out of the club and into his horrid, tatty, charva clothes shop.

I take your points but I don't think there's anything wrong with the statement "We haven't got the finances of a big team," of itself. We're not bankrolled by Russian or Arab oil money. We don't have the commercial reach of Man United to sell an ungodly number of shirts in every corner of the globe.

You're right that doesn't mean we shouldn't be doing better in transfer windows. But there's nothing wrong with the actual statement.

There is something utterly wrong with the statement though. He's insinuating that there's a problem with the fans expectations. Ie that we're being unrealistic. And that's simply not what's happening, we just don't expect to have our manager come out and say we can't compete financially with f***ing Southampton ffs.

The money has always been there for players the club feel are the right fit.

Stop right there brah. This premise here- this is a completely unproven and unprovable  proposition that just so happens to fit your agenda.

It is also the claim of proven liars who admitted to deliberately misleading and deceiving fans in the past.

Its a load of shit really.

I'm sorry, do we not sign anyone unless it's on a free?

Sorry, but

20th richest club in the world iirc. 3rd largest crowds in the PL. But for some completely f***ed up reason you say we can't compete with the big clubs. And since not a single one of us expects to compete financially with Man City and Chelsea, I can only assume that by "big" clubs you mean the likes of Southampton, Fulham and f***ing Norwich.

Just f*** off you cowardly, lying cockend. We all know that we could compete with them easily if we wanted, we're just owned by a thief who is creaming money out of the club and into his horrid, tatty, charva clothes shop.

I take your points but I don't think there's anything wrong with the statement "We haven't got the finances of a big team," of itself. We're not bankrolled by Russian or Arab oil money. We don't have the commercial reach of Man United to sell an ungodly number of shirts in every corner of the globe.

You're right that doesn't mean we shouldn't be doing better in transfer windows. But there's nothing wrong with the actual statement.

There is something utterly wrong with the statement though. He's insinuating that there's a problem with the fans expectations. Ie that we're being unrealistic. And that's simply not what's happening, we just don't expect to have our manager come out and say we can't compete financially with f***ing Southampton ffs.

Stop right there brah. This premise here- this is a completely unproven and unprovable  proposition that just so happens to fit your agenda.

It is also the claim of proven liars who admitted to deliberately misleading and deceiving fans in the past.

Er not unless the money is made back in sales no.

Sorry, but

If we only signed frees we'd get relegated, if we only signed players that weren't "good value" we might lose money on them when they move on.  Howay man.

The club don't seem to be doing a very good job of finding players who are the "right fit".

In this summer transfer window, I agree. January; they were ace. Summer before that; shite again.

Different situations, innit.  If we're struggling in January we'll try to bail ourselves out again to preserve Premier League status, if we're midtable we'll plod along.

Agreed. And it's frustrating. As fans we want to see the team go for broke. We want them to take the risks that might propel us back into the champions league where we feel we belong. I get it.

I also get that it's much more sensible to build slowly and purposefully.

I don't like us not bringing in the players required to improve us. I'm just saying I understand why it's is the way it is. Ultimately, if it were my cash on the line, I'd probably play it a little safer than my FM save too.

The club don't seem to be doing a very good job of finding players who are the "right fit".

In this summer transfer window, I agree. January; they were ace. Summer before that; shite again.

Different situations, innit.  If we're struggling in January we'll try to bail ourselves out again to preserve Premier League status, if we're midtable we'll plod along.

Agreed. And it's frustrating. As fans we want to see the team go for broke. We want them to take the risks that might propel us back into the champions league where we feel we belong. I get it.

I don't like us not bringing in the players required to improve us. I'm just saying I understand why it's is the way it is. Ultimately, if it were my cash on the line, I'd probably play it a little safer than my FM save too.

In what way are we building anything, never mind slowly and purposefully? :lol:

We went from 5th to 16th, because we didn't want to spend money on players and we didn't want to spend money on a real manager. Now we haven't signed anyone again. What are we "building"?

:lol: "Going for broke" is a million miles off what anyone hopes or expects these days, improving on a squad that nearly got relegated did feature in most fans' expectations though.  Seriously, why do all of these conversations fail to understand the happy medium which would make all of us, erm, happy?

Sorry, but

Hypothetically, if we'd taken all the Carroll money and signed say, Ozil...

- Ignore that he'd probably not come here.

- Ignore that he cost a bit more than we made on Carroll.

- Ignore that the gap between now and selling Carroll.

- Ignore the wage bill.

But if we had gone out and signed a top player like that. Showing the ambition that we all want to see. A real player of Champions League quality.

Would we now be a better team than picking players for 5m here, 3m there?

Where do you think we'd have been finishing in the league?

Sorry, but

- Ignore the wage bill.

But if we had gone out and signed a top player like that. Showing the ambition that we all want to see. A real player of Champions League quality.

Why are you ignoring that our net spend always basically amounts to nil?

Nobody is saying that we want to sign £40m "marquee" players, that's the lazy shite Pardew has been coming out with in recent days that makes us look like idiots.

In this summer transfer window, I agree. January; they were ace. Summer before that; s**** again.

The bastard season starts in the Summer, not winter.  We strengthened half way through a season and at a time when we looked like going down.

@milesstarforth: Pardew: 'The media and some fans reacted badly to the closing of transfer window, but I think we've got a good side.' #nufc

We have TBH, it just could have been better.

It's still a side that was almost relegated. And really it's not good enough when others have strengthened

To be fair the side changed quite a bit in January and if we'd had the current team the whole season I don't believe we'd have been fighting relegation.  Of course I think everyone admits that if we lose certain key players we could be in trouble, especially with Pardew running scared every time he sees another teams shadow.

:lol: "Going for broke" is a million miles off what anyone hopes or expects these days, improving on a squad that nearly got relegated did feature in most fans' expectations though.  Seriously, why do all of these conversations fail to understand the happy medium which would make all of us, erm, happy?

:lol: My point being that there's a philosophy at play and it somewhat makes sense.

Yes, we want to see more players come in and do well, but at the same time that squad that almost got relegated massively under performed. Even if we'd signed no one whatsoever I'd have hoped those same players would have done better this season.

We still added to the squad with Remy. I know you'll criticize it only being a loan signing. But frankly, would anyone want to have paid 8m (or whatever the asking price was) with a rape charge hanging over him? Also, if he's cleared and then signs on permanently, will we finally acknowledge his existence as a transfer deal?

Ian                                                      Interpolic

http://cdn.animals-zone.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/small-dogs-big-dogs-19.jpg

:lol: That dog is pissed off.

Sorry, but

- Ignore the wage bill.

Not sure what question you're asking here. I demand a crack at a Europa League place (i.e. finishing in one of the positions that may open up to qualify for that competition) as an absolute bare minimum. Once we get there, then the minimum requirement changes.

I'm not overly arsed about who the personnel is that gets us there. Why would I give the slightest fuck about that? I've never been in the least bit interested in getting excited about "marquee" (vomit) signings - I was fucking foaming with rage the day we signed Michael Owen because I knew the squad wasn't good enough to meet that minimum requirement. Nor is this one.

Sorry, but

- Ignore the wage bill.

Not sure what question you're asking here. I demand a crack at a Europa League place (i.e. finishing in one of the positions that may open up to qualify for that competition) as an absolute bare minimum. Once we get there, then the minimum requirement changes.

I'm not overly arsed about who the personnel is that gets us there. Why would I give the slightest fuck about that? I've never been in the least bit interested in getting excited about "marquee" (vomit) signings - I was fucking foaming with rage the day we signed Michael Owen because I knew the squad wasn't good enough to meet that minimum requirement. Nor is this one.

Fair point. Misinterpreted what you were after. You're not so bothered about one big signing, you just would rather we have a negative net spend as a show of some kind of ambition.

Personally, I don't care about that. If we make a profit or a loss doesn't bother me (so long as it's sustainable). I just want the players we bring in to improve the team. I agree that Europa League is a reasonable aim. I also think that with the likes of HBA, Cabaye (who we actively held on to), Colo (who we actively held on to), Cisse, Remy, Sissoko, etc we have the makings of a decent squad that can push towards that goal this year.

Everyone dropped a bollock last season. Our January signings (despite our collective creaming over them) weren't amazing when it came down to producing results. Now with them getting bedded into the squad we can expect better.

Actually more to the point with LucaAlteri's Ozil post, I have no problems with our recruitment policy to a degree.

The problems I do have with it are:

- When it doesn't work it leaves us short.  We sometimes have to pay something approaching a player's market value, especially when our initial approach consists of finding a player who is unhappy at their club, unsettling the player and pissing the selling club off.  These stand-offs often happen and it's obvious why.

- The scouting is not aligned to the manager.  Either sack the manager or buy the cloggers he needs to make his system work.

- We often buy players just because they're cheap rather than plugging the positional gap we need.  When Robson needed something extra he got Bellamy and Robert and we went from 11th to 4th.

The prevailing theme is we end up spending the same or less than we bring in.  I think that's why we wanted to shift Cabaye. 

TV money might bring us a bit more Mike generosity eventually, and again it'll be spun like we should be grateful.  We shouldn't.

We're half the club we were when he took over in terms of the perceptions of the rest of the world IMO, and that's why you see unprecedented numbers of NUFC fans completely fed up, as the hope is disappearing.  When you see NUFC aspiring to something you buy into it right or wrong, but at the minute there's nowt happening that inspires any confidence whatsoever that we're even much of a better club than Southampton.  And we are a better club than Southampton.

Sorry, but

- Ignore the wage bill.

Fair point. Misinterpreted what you were after. You're not so bothered about one big signing, you just would rather we have a negative net spend as a show of some kind of ambition.

Personally, I don't care about that. If we make a profit or a loss doesn't bother me (so long as it's sustainable). I just want the players we bring in to improve the team. I agree that Europa League is a reasonable aim. I also think that with the likes of HBA, Cabaye (who we actively held on to), Colo (who we actively held on to), Cisse, Remy, Sissoko, etc we have the makings of a decent squad that can push towards that goal this year.

Everyone dropped a bollock last season. Our January signings (despite our collective creaming over them) weren't amazing when it came down to producing results. Now with them getting bedded into the squad we can expect better.

Er no, I'd rather the club was reinvesting the money that I and thousands of other supporters put into it, and reinvesting the gargantuan sums being thrown at them by the TV companies. Even if we finish second having spent nothing, it's not good enough because had we invested, it could have been first.

Every single decision the club makes should be for the benefit of the football team and the betterment of results and performances.

Actually more to the point with LucaAlteri's Ozil post, I have no problems with our recruitment policy to a degree.

The problems I do have with it are:

- When it doesn't work it leaves us short.  We sometimes have to pay something approaching a player's market value, especially when our initial approach consists of finding a player who is unhappy at their club, unsettling the player and pissing the selling club off.  These stand-offs often happen and it's obvious why.

- The scouting is not aligned to the manager.  Either sack the manager or buy the cloggers he needs to make his system work.

- We often buy players just because they're cheap rather than plugging the positional gap we need.  When Robson needed something extra he got Bellamy and Robert and we went from 11th to 4th.

The prevailing theme is we end up spending the same or less than we bring in.  I think that's why we wanted to shift Cabaye. 

TV money might bring us a bit more Mike generosity eventually, and again it'll be spun like we should be grateful.  We shouldn't.

We're half the club we were when he took over in terms of the perceptions of the rest of the world IMO, and that's why you see unprecedented numbers of NUFC fans completely fed up, as the hope is disappearing.  When you see NUFC aspiring to something you buy into it right or wrong, but at the minute there's nowt happening that inspires any confidence whatsoever that we're even much of a better club than Southampton.  And we are a better club than Southampton.

you talk like anything would change transfer wise if Pardew left.

Sorry, but

- Ignore the wage bill.

:lol: Is this a wind-up?

Every other club has spent and we have gaping holes in our squad, if we could make the squad good enough with no outlay then fair enough, but we couldn't so we have chosen to potentially lose lots of games before January to find out what we need to do to stay up.

Seriously, it's really low to point the accusation at blatantly knowledgeable and sensible fans of the club that they just want to see big bucks spent and that's it.

Sorry, but

- Ignore the wage bill.

Er no, I'd rather the club was reinvesting the money that I and thousands of other supporters put into it, and reinvesting the gargantuan sums being thrown at them by the TV companies. Even if we finish second having spent nothing, it's not good enough because had we invested, it could have been first.

Every single decision the club makes should be for the benefit of the football team and the betterment of results and performances.

What you're looking for is socialism in the wealthiest football league in the world.

You're valuing something non-tangible. Something that can't be seen on a balance sheet. You're wanting us to live up to our full potential, a benefit to our little society, rather than looking at success through the lens of profit and loss. You're valuing the art of being the best we can be above the almighty dollar.

I'm with you entirely. I just don't think any owner would agree with us. Since we need to make do with someone owning us, I feel like I understand and somewhat agree with Ashley's outlook.