Alan Pardew

Mike

Aye, fair's fair, I've read it as 'I think I'd take...'. Apologies.

I'm just bemused by the activity in this thread when put against the reaction from our other results this season. There'd be roughly 2-3 pages max, after the draws and wins. Now, after a defeat, we have this. Some people appear to revel in it, and it's spread across most of the board.

just the nature of football isn't it, are we alone in this?  as you may have seen i'm one of the ones trying to be level-headed about saturday, i just think pardew was done as much as anything and don't see it as any worse than any of the other defeats we've had under him, it's just a shame that we looked like we could get some momentum going after villa

one thing is for sure, he's been found out at SJP now and he doesn't have an answer...west ham was a poor game all round and fulham didn't come to win or they might well have imo...for some reason pardew has no clue how to break teams down and eventually losing home games badly will catch up with you

Again, based on taking only this season into context (as it's all that matters for now), that's yet to be seen.

So as well as discounting his entire career before he came here, now you're discounting everything before this season as well!?

Guest icemanblue

I wonder why happy face spends so much time defending Pardew?

For someone that claims he doesn't like him and think he should had been sacked.  Very odd.

Because i don't cut off my nose to spite my face.  You need to think decisions like that through to their logical conclusion.

Would his replacement be an improvement?  Would he get money to spend?  Would he handle Ben Arfa as well? Would he handle the Kinnear situation as well?

etc.

I don't see why it's too difficult to answer yes to all of those questions if you hire an intelligent manager who hasn't got a huge reputation yet.

Like who, man?! I've seen you post this a few times now. Who is Mike Ashley going to employ?

I would get Poyet in, I don't know how many times I have to keep saying it. Would Mike Ashley? How the fuck would I know?

You seem canny confident that he would, like. Is he really an 'intelligent manager', in any case?

Sorry we should just keep on board with Allardyce when he said he knew if he stopped Newcastle first 20 minutes, the crowd will turn against them. He’s not wrong either, we are awful for it, up there with the worst in the league, we turn up numbers which is great but we don’t turn up and get behind the team as well as we could or should.

Utter. f***ing. Bullshit.

'Get behind the team' man. f***ing do one man. Laughable.

What's laughable? It's the worst atmosphere i've seen at SJP since i started my season ticket 11 year ago. We are lucky to get the whole stadium standing up once for a simple chant like 'stand up if you love the toon', we sprout a couple of regular chants like 'toon toon black and white army' and 'newcastle newcastle newcastle...' and a couple of the fan fave chants like 'hatem ben arfa' and that's it. Literally that's all we do for 90 minutes. If people honestly believe they think the sjp atmosphere is good these days then i'm lost for words because it's atrocious, as bad as the football on show is, our support matches it, like i said nothing against numbers we are still by far one of the best fans in the country for this but in terms of vocal home support we are non-existent. At least we show ourselves in better light away from home but we have always done that but our home support has never been so dull.

In all my years of supporting the club this/last few years is the most fed up I've felt about the whole thing. I'd imagine a fair few people feel the same.

Guest firetotheworks

Sorry we should just keep on board with Allardyce when he said he knew if he stopped Newcastle first 20 minutes, the crowd will turn against them. He’s not wrong either, we are awful for it, up there with the worst in the league, we turn up numbers which is great but we don’t turn up and get behind the team as well as we could or should.

What's laughable? It's the worst atmosphere i've seen at SJP since i started my season ticket 11 year ago. We are lucky to get the whole stadium standing up once for a simple chant like 'stand up if you love the toon', we sprout a couple of regular chants like 'toon toon black and white army' and 'newcastle newcastle newcastle...' and a couple of the fan fave chants like 'hatem ben arfa' and that's it. Literally that's all we do for 90 minutes. If people honestly believe they think the sjp atmosphere is good these days then i'm lost for words because it's atrocious, as bad as the football on show is, our support matches it, like i said nothing against numbers we are still by far one of the best fans in the country for this but in terms of vocal home support we are non-existent. At least we show ourselves in better light away from home but we have always done that but our home support has never been so dull.

The point is that the crowd is not the issue at all and if you think not 'getting behind the lads' is the reason and not the reaction to the absolutely shit that we fork out hundreds of pounds out for the absolute misery of witnessing, then you're a fool.

Guest icemanblue

Aye, fair's fair, I've read it as 'I think I'd take...'. Apologies.

I'm just bemused by the activity in this thread when put against the reaction from our other results this season. There'd be roughly 2-3 pages max, after the draws and wins. Now, after a defeat, we have this. Some people appear to revel in it, and it's spread across most of the board.

just the nature of football isn't it, are we alone in this?  as you may have seen i'm one of the ones trying to be level-headed about saturday, i just think pardew was done as much as anything and don't see it as any worse than any of the other defeats we've had under him, it's just a shame that we looked like we could get some momentum going after villa

one thing is for sure, he's been found out at SJP now and he doesn't have an answer...west ham was a poor game all round and fulham didn't come to win or they might well have imo...for some reason pardew has no clue how to break teams down and eventually losing home games badly will catch up with you

Again, based on taking only this season into context (as it's all that matters for now), that's yet to be seen.

So as well as discounting his entire career before he came here, now you're discounting everything before this season as well!?

No. Why, like?

For someone that claims he doesn't like him and think he should had been sacked.  Very odd.

Because i don't cut off my nose to spite my face.  You need to think decisions like that through to their logical conclusion.

Would his replacement be an improvement?  Would he get money to spend?  Would he handle Ben Arfa as well? Would he handle the Kinnear situation as well?

etc.

I don't see why it's too difficult to answer yes to all of those questions if you hire an intelligent manager who hasn't got a huge reputation yet.

Like who, man?! I've seen you post this a few times now. Who is Mike Ashley going to employ?

I would get Poyet in, I don't know how many times I have to keep saying it. Would Mike Ashley? How the fuck would I know?

You seem canny confident that he would, like. Is he really an 'intelligent manager', in any case?

Well he's wiped the floor with Pardew on both occasions we've played Brighton in the cups. His team are well organised and play on the deck. We've been through all this before though. Incidentally it doesn't have to be Poyet, just a manager who can do similar. Look organised and play good football. There's probably managers doing it through the lower divisions.

Guest icemanblue

etc.

Well he's wiped the floor with Pardew on both occasions we've played Brighton in the cups. His team are well organised and play on the deck. We've been through all this before though. Incidentally it doesn't have to be Poyet, just a manager who can do similar. Look organised and play good football. There's probably managers doing it through the lower divisions.

Aye, probably. I'm convinced.

Guest firetotheworks

The crowd was absolutely appalling against Hull like. Silent when things are going well, loud when criticising our own players.

Were you there, Ian?

Yes, terrible atmosphere from the start really.

From the start? Dubious. The entire place is just clouded in negativity tbh. It was like that for all of last season as well. The tension was just constant and completely, completely understandable and justified, imo.

Guest neesy111

The crowd was absolutely appalling against Hull like. Silent when things are going well, loud when criticising our own players.

Were you there, Ian?

Really was.  Was in the leazes for the 1st time in years, was like a morgue.

The point is that the crowd is not the issue at all and if you think not 'getting behind the lads' is the reason and not the reaction to the absolutely s*** that we fork out hundreds of pounds out for the absolute misery of witnessing, then you're a fool.

Have a look through my posts, i never once claimed our poor results was due to fans reaction. I simply stated during a post that the atmosphere is awful, and it is. 3-2 down against Hull every misplaced pass was met with moans and groans, everytime Ben Arfa lost possession, groans got louder, this mixed in with people standing up yelling abuse at Pardew, usually Jonas/Shola are on the pitch so they receive a lot of abuse but they escaped it on Saturday. It's a disgrace, that's all im saying. It shouldn't be like that.

Guest icemanblue

Were you there, Ian?

There was barely a celebration for Remy's second. It was very flat indeed. It was really warm in there, like. So that might have contributed.

Were you there, Ian?

From the start? Dubious. The entire place is just clouded in negativity tbh. It was like that for all of last season as well. The tension was just constant and completely, completely understandable and justified, imo.

Oh I understand why people are nervous, we just don't seem to make any effort to cheer on the team anymore. I understand why to a certain extent, but it can't be helping and it certainly isn't hurting the opposition.

I'm not blaming the fans for the defeat or our performances, it's just a very embarrassing aspect of the match day.

Guest neesy111

Were you there, Ian?

There was barely a celebration for Remy's second. It was very flat indeed. It was really warm in there, like. So that might have contributed.

True, was a lovely day weather wise.

Guest firetotheworks

The point is that the crowd is not the issue at all and if you think not 'getting behind the lads' is the reason and not the reaction to the absolutely s*** that we fork out hundreds of pounds out for the absolute misery of witnessing, then you're a fool.

Have a look through my posts, i never once claimed our poor results was due to fans reaction. I simply stated during a post that the atmosphere is awful, and it is. 3-2 down against Hull every misplaced pass was met with moans and groans, everytime Ben Arfa lost possession, groans got louder, this mixed in with people standing up yelling abuse at Pardew, usually Jonas/Shola are on the pitch so they receive a lot of abuse but they escaped it on Saturday. It's a disgrace, that's all im saying. It shouldn't be like that.

You're right, it is a disgrace, but a crowd that large shouldn't be put in a position where it has to collectively witness such crap. A season ticket for NUFC has essentially been a very expensive subscription to unbridled misery for the last year and a bit.

Were you there, Ian?

There was barely a celebration for Remy's second. It was very flat indeed.

The goal came from nowhere, otherwise we had lost our way following the opening 20 mins. That might have something to do with it.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew has a better record than Allardyce and Hughton had when they were here before. 

With Hughton I think it's like for like. 

With Allardyce I Can't imagine anyone that watched his football when he was last here wanting to watch it again.  Aren't West ham and Norwich fans both voicing dissent and wanting rid?

I knew Laudrup would get that reaction.  See how he copes with this season in the Europa after having a dig at Pardew, then I'll eat my words.

I'll warm it up for ya

http://i.imgur.com/CvyONIf.png

You're right, it is a disgrace, but a crowd that large shouldn't be put in a position where it has to collectively witness such crap. A season ticket for NUFC has essentially been a very expensive subscription to unbridled misery for the last year and a bit.

Well that was all my point was in the first place and everyone lynched me for it. Never said we are to blame for results, simply said it's getting worse and worse and it's a joke.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew has a better record than Allardyce and Hughton had when they were here before. 

With Hughton I think it's like for like. 

With Allardyce I Can't imagine anyone that watched his football when he was last here wanting to watch it again.  Aren't West ham and Norwich fans both voicing dissent and wanting rid?

I knew Laudrup would get that reaction.  See how he copes with this season in the Europa after having a dig at Pardew, then I'll eat my words.

Having seen Swansea this season, playing some of the best football I've watched in the premier I think I'd take my chances. But it's a good insight into your thinking and I'm definitely quite happy to be in the opposite camp. Let's revisit this thread at Christmas and see who was right.

I don't care how many competitions Swansea will be involved in, to consider they will actually do equally as bad as we did last season or worse would be absurd.

Cannot comprehend.

It's not just about how they do, it's about the standard of the football. While ours was some of the worst i've seen, Swansea's wont be and will be nice to watch. That'll be the big difference.

Guest firetotheworks

Well that was all my point was in the first place and everyone lynched me for it. Never said we are to blame for results, simply said it's getting worse and worse and it's a joke.

Okay. If that's what you meant then I apologise for over-reacting a tad. I still maintain that the place is jumping whenever we put together a decent performance. The Hughton season in particular was carnage at times.

Guest bimpy474

It's a combination of Ashley making the stadium look like a bring and buy sale for one of his shops, Pardew and his brand of shit football, and apathy at the whole god damn mess.

The atmosphere really is a mash of bad things rolled into one big shit sandwich.

etc.

Poyet hasn't got an ounce of the self restraint Pardew has shown to keep the club on an even keel. Poyet would be shitting on desks and slating the chairman in no time.