Alan Pardew

Mike

It's a combination of Ashley making the stadium look like a bring and buy sale for one of his shops, Pardew and his brand of shit football, and apathy at the whole god damn mess.

The atmosphere really is a mash of bad things rolled into one big shit sandwich.

How do you know that, bimpy?

Got to say as someone who goes to every home game that's not really true, SJP is probably no better or worse than any other top sports venue.

I don't notice the SD stuff being any more visible than any other club's major sponsor, maybe someone with an axe to grind would see it differently.

For sure a top Premiership stadium is an excellent fit with Ashley's core business interest so he's going to milk it. Be daft of him not to.

He can advertise what he likes as long as he's prepared to pay the going rate for it.

Has anyone ever tried to put a figure on how much that level of exposure would cost at the going rate?

What is it actually worth to the club?

Guest bimpy474

It's a combination of Ashley making the stadium look like a bring and buy sale for one of his shops, Pardew and his brand of shit football, and apathy at the whole god damn mess.

The atmosphere really is a mash of bad things rolled into one big shit sandwich.

Got to say as someone who goes to every home game that's not really true, SJP is probably no better or worse than any other top sports venue.

I don't notice the SD stuff being any more visible than any other club's major sponsor, maybe someone with an axe to grind would see it differently.

For sure a top Premiership stadium is an excellent fit with Ashley's core business interest so he's going to milk it. Be daft of him not to.

He can advertise what he likes as long as he's prepared to pay the going rate for it.

It's not so much Sports Direct as a company is it. It's because it's his Sports Direct and he gets the ads for free. I doubt anyone would be that bothered by any sponsor as that's modern football/sponsorship.

But it's him and his shite everywhere.

Guest bimpy474

Has anyone ever tried to put a figure on how much that level of exposure would cost at the going rate?

That would be murder to measure though wouldn't it without Ashley's help. He not losing money for sure, and we as a club are missing out on sponsorship without any doubt.

Sure.

But the post was a reply to a comment about the appearance of the stadium, not about who's paying what.

It's not so much Sports Direct as a company is it. It's because it's his Sports Direct and he gets the ads for free. I doubt anyone would be that bothered by any sponsor as that's modern football/sponsorship.

The French language electronic hoardings advertising his company are the most blatant thing at the ground - even our fucking transfer policy is part of his company's advertising strategy.

Guest bimpy474

Sure.

But the post was a reply to a comment about the appearance of the stadium, not about who's paying what.

Just going by what most have said on here, most hate what he's done to the stadium, before you even think of the lost revenue because of it. I suppose it's the eye of the beholder thing.

a) Lots.

b) It would appear that no one is quite sure. Although if you believe what you read on here it's probably fuck all.

Guest bimpy474

The French language electronic hoardings advertising his company are the most blatant thing at the ground - even our fucking transfer policy is part of his company's advertising strategy.

We are just a mule for him making money aren't we :(

a) Lots.

b) It would appear that no one is quite sure. Although if you believe what you read on here it's probably fuck all.

It is fuck all, it's in the official accounts - in fact the accounts detailed the few hundred grand that Newcastle United had spent on putting the adverts up.

I wonder why happy face spends so much time defending Pardew?

For someone that claims he doesn't like him and think he should had been sacked.  Very odd.

Because i don't cut off my nose to spite my face.  You need to think decisions like that through to their logical conclusion.

Would his replacement be an improvement?  Would he get money to spend?  Would he handle Ben Arfa as well? Would he handle the Kinnear situation as well?

etc.

I don't see why it's too difficult to answer yes to all of those questions if you hire an intelligent manager who hasn't got a huge reputation yet.

Like who, man?! I've seen you post this a few times now. Who is Mike Ashley going to employ?

I would get Poyet in, I don't know how many times I have to keep saying it. Would Mike Ashley? How the fuck would I know?

Poyet hasn't got an ounce of the self restraint Pardew has shown to keep the club on an even keel. Poyet would be shitting on desks and slating the chairman in no time.

Is that a fact? I would have thought the chance to manage a top premier league club and top players would bring some perspective with it as well. I would prefer a manager who had some ambition tbh, rather than a PR merchant like Pardew who will pick up his wages and read from the script.

Course its not a fact. You don't know how he'd do any more than I do. I just see him in the di canio mould of cock end.

So based on not very much then. Yes he looks a bit arrogant, but he was generally well regarded by Brighton fans from what I saw on their forums, and his side certainly put in a lot more effort and played the better football when we played them twice in the space of a year.

Guest Forollhogna

Id almost take a relegation to get rid of the liar king.. at least we would be within a shout of getting a competent if average manager.

For me pardew is way below average and for all our stars its like giving a 10 year old a pound of beef tenderloin and ask him to cook a dinner.

He would only know how to make a pizza the same way Pardew only knows how to play cloggers... he benched tevez and macherano make of that what you will...

Yet another scandinavian nonce.

I did write "almost" .

Guest firetotheworks

Fucking sick of reading 'get behind the players' like. Totally disregards all of the shit we've been put through and in blindly doing so, is vindication for them to keep serving the same crap and for us to keep 'getting behind the players'

Utter tosh.

Guest icemanblue

So, what instead? Sit there in a huff? 'Well, I've paid my £600 now, but I'm not getting behind them. No, I'm going to sit here quietly. That'll show them.'

Anyone feeling the way you describe shouldn't be, and probably aren't, there.

I wonder why happy face spends so much time defending Pardew?

For someone that claims he doesn't like him and think he should had been sacked.  Very odd.

Because i don't cut off my nose to spite my face.  You need to think decisions like that through to their logical conclusion.

Would his replacement be an improvement?  Would he get money to spend?  Would he handle Ben Arfa as well? Would he handle the Kinnear situation as well?

etc.

I don't see why it's too difficult to answer yes to all of those questions if you hire an intelligent manager who hasn't got a huge reputation yet.

Like who, man?! I've seen you post this a few times now. Who is Mike Ashley going to employ?

I would get Poyet in, I don't know how many times I have to keep saying it. Would Mike Ashley? How the fuck would I know?

Poyet hasn't got an ounce of the self restraint Pardew has shown to keep the club on an even keel. Poyet would be shitting on desks and slating the chairman in no time.

Is that a fact? I would have thought the chance to manage a top premier league club and top players would bring some perspective with it as well. I would prefer a manager who had some ambition tbh, rather than a PR merchant like Pardew who will pick up his wages and read from the script.

Course its not a fact. You don't know how he'd do any more than I do. I just see him in the di canio mould of cock end.

So based on not very much then. Yes he looks a bit arrogant, but he was generally well regarded by Brighton fans from what I saw on their forums, and his side certainly put in a lot more effort and played the better football when we played them twice in the space of a year.

Nothing more than you've based him being an improvement on.

Pardew had a pretty similar record at Reading to Poyet at Brighton....only better.

When did he "slag off" Pardew?

Genuinely can't remember it.

He had a pop in May that the Europa league was no excuse for dwindling league form.

But Laudrup did no better at Getafe. UEFA quarter finals and 14th.  It was their worst finish sinnce being promoted back to the Primera Liga. Having not failed to finish top half for years previous. He had similar problems in a relegation battle at Mallorca in his one season there. Finished 1 point clear of relegation with a club who finished 5th the year before he arrived and 8th the next year without him.

He had a pop in May that the Europa league was no excuse for dwindling league form.

But Laudrup did no better at Getafe. UEFA quarter finals and 14th.  It was their worst finish sinnce being promoted back to the Primera Liga. Having not failed to finish top half for years previous. He had similar problems in a relegation battle at Mallorca in his one season there. Finished 1 point clear of relegation with a club who finished 5th the year before he arrived and 8th the next year without him.

Happy face peddling the same shyte again about Laudrup.  ;D

Don't let bankruptcy, administration, mass exodus of players get in the way of statistics.

Guest icemanblue

Happy face peddling the same shyte again about Laudrup.  ;D

Don't let bankruptcy, administration, mass exodus of players get in the way of statistics.

Did that happen at Getafe too, like? You'll have to excuse me, I genuinely don't know, as I have a girlfriend.