Alan Pardew

Mike

It was clear over the summer Venky that you're not happy with our current state of affairs and that we are doomed for failure again this year. I didn't expect that to change your opinion after 5 games. I've said all along that these players excite me. Krul is one of the best in the league, MYM has the potential to be a class act, Colo is prone to errors but oozes class, Santon will get better and better, Anita is starting to come in to his own and developing, Sissoko is still adapting but has the skill set to be a top player, Cabaye is a lovely player, Ben Arfa is a genius, Remy is looking a class act and i still have faith in Cisse, really think we still have a top striker in him. Then the bench isn't bad either with likes of Gouffran, Marv, Tiote, Taylor as cover for main positions. I've got no doubt in my mind we are far far better than what we showed last season and i really believe we will show that this season.

I don't disagree with much of that, our only difference of opinion seems to be on Pardew's ability to make a set of players into a team.

Well he created a good dressing room atmosphere and made the players a team in the season we finished 5th so he has shown he's capable of it. He's proved when his side have got confidence and are on a good run he's capable of maintaining it. It's just when things become tough and he has a lot of questions to answer he gets found out for the s*** manager he is. I just think these players are good enough to paper over his cracks with their individual ability.

Given the players haven't acheived anything near for the past 13 months i'd question your ability to make such a judgement.

Being topped out on Bennies doesn't pass as a qualification to do so  i might add.

Fire away, question their ability, entirely your opinion to do so. I just think we have a very talented group of players that are finally all now fit and i'm hoping they knuckle down together and start getting some more points on the board. If they start to blunder their way into the relegation zone i still won't be doubting their talent, i'll be on the pardew out bandwagon. For now though, i'm all for the manager and side getting us back up the table.

Seriously, wtf does that mean? 'i'm all for the side getting back up the table...'

Because that's the last thing the rest of us want. You just plow your lonely furrow with that wish....

I mean i actually believe he will do that rather than just want that. A lot on here don't believe in us to do so and that we will have another poor league finish and even for some another relegation battle. So when i said i'm all for us getting back up the league, i meant i actually think we will finish high up the table. So i apologise the way i came across in that last sentence, didn't mean nobody else wants that.

Oh alright....but DON'T DO IT AGAIN!

Personally, i'm not sure the players are as good as you hope they are.

He was pretty pissed off about Saturday in his pre-match presser, really didn't look happy. He pretty much said that he wants to keep that amount of offensive players in the side but if they continue to defend like that as a team then things will have to change.

Then he shouldn't start any of those players who took it too lightly against Leeds. Ben Arfa, Cisse and Debuchy should all be benched, we have more than enough quality to win at home against a struggling championship side.

Pull "The Di Canio"?  ;)

Sometimes an outsiders view of a situation is interesting. Luke Moore on this weeks football ramble: "If you're so bad that Steve Bruce is dancing a victory dance on the sidelines at your home ground, it's time to get out of football".

Luke moore is a comedian though tbf.

Pardew has danced victory jigs in Wenger's face, he'd hardly argue that Wenger should get out of football.

He was pretty pissed off about Saturday in his pre-match presser, really didn't look happy. He pretty much said that he wants to keep that amount of offensive players in the side but if they continue to defend like that as a team then things will have to change.

Then he shouldn't start any of those players who took it too lightly against Leeds. Ben Arfa, Cisse and Debuchy should all be benched, we have more than enough quality to win at home against a struggling championship side.

Pull "The Di Canio"?  ;)

It's okay to "rest" players without being an arse about it like Di Canio. If Pardew feels some of them didn't give enough then it's as good a reason as any to leave them out and let them ponder on it.

Which players in our side aren't good enough to wear the shirt and should look to move on then for better?

:lol: You need to reign that in tbh...

They all look good enough for a side that finished 16th imo.

:lol:

No but you're saying the players aren't as good as i think, and i think they can finish top 8. So in your opinion which of these players do you think i'm wrong about? Who am i over estimating as a player?

Pull "The Di Canio"?  ;)

It's okay to "rest" players without being an arse about it like Di Canio. If Pardew feels some of them didn't give enough then it's as good a reason as any to leave them out and let them ponder on it.

With Ben Arfa and Cisse I'm inclined to agree.  With Debuchy I'm inclined to think he needs as much experience of English football as he can get.

He was pretty p*ssed off about Saturday in his pre-match presser, really didn't look happy. He pretty much said that he wants to keep that amount of offensive players in the side but if they continue to defend like that as a team then things will have to change.

I'm really p*ssed off every single time I cook something because the end product is s****, it will still be s**** the next time I cook because I'm just no good at it. The same goes for Pardew and his managerial ability, hes just no good at it.

Pull "The Di Canio"?  ;)

With Ben Arfa and Cisse I'm inclined to agree.  With Debuchy I'm inclined to think he needs as much experience of English football as he can get.

Yeah there's a good argument for that as well. I'm not sure it was lack of experience as much as just not being switched on to his responsibilities though. Pardew also might want to have a look at other options for future reference.

Sometimes an outsiders view of a situation is interesting. Luke Moore on this weeks football ramble: "If you're so bad that Steve Bruce is dancing a victory dance on the sidelines at your home ground, it's time to get out of football".

Pardew has danced victory jigs in Wenger's face, he'd hardly argue that Wenger should get out of football.

When we drew with them at home?

When we drew with them at home?

No, when he beat them at West Ham.

Which players in our side aren't good enough to wear the shirt and should look to move on then for better?

:lol: You need to reign that in tbh...

They all look good enough for a side that finished 16th imo.

:lol:

No but you're saying the players aren't as good as i think, and i think they can finish top 8. So in your opinion which of these players do you think i'm wrong about? Who am i over estimating as a player?

HBA is not a genius. Zidane, Messi, the Real Ronaldo. That's genius. HBA, much as i love him, won't hold a candle to that level of player.

As for the rest, it's not about any one player. Is Naismith a top 8 player? Well, apparently he is..

However, as a collective team, and that includes the manager as he's the important single ingredient, they don't have the quality to be a consistent top 8 team. That is a team consistently competing for European places.

Well Ben Arfa is a genius in my eyes, i'm not talking Messi standard, but for me he does things my eyes have never witnessed before and not sure they ever will again.

Naismith isn't a top 8 player, just because he finished there with his team does not make him a top 8 player, teams go up and down, Everton have flirted with relegation then year after bounced up and finished top 8, teams can have poor seasons, this doesn't make them a poor team. Sometimes you underperform and don’t reach expectations, sometimes you can surpass expectations, one bad season doesn’t determine that a team isn’t good or the players haven't got quality.

Well Ben Arfa is a genius in my eyes, i'm not talking Messi standard, but for me he does things my eyes have never witnessed before and not sure they ever will again.

Naismith isn't a top 8 player, just because he finished there with his team does not make him a top 8 player, teams go up and down, Everton have flirted with relegation then year after bounced up and finished top 8, teams can have poor seasons, this doesn't make them a poor team. Sometimes you underperform and don’t reach expectations, sometimes you can surpass expectations, one bad season doesn’t determine that a team isn’t good or the players haven't got quality.

Everton have finished in the top 8 for the last 7 seasons. They're a top 8 team. Stop being delusional.

What a load of crap.

He's got a bit of 'Dave' in him where he will post a word or two, possibly a short sentence at best to a discussion but then think that is good enough for his argument because he is right, they rarely get drawn in to explaining themselves and expressing their actual opinion :lol:

See. You do this. Don't actually explain why it’s a load of crap that i don't think i'll ever witness some of things Ben Arfa produces right before my very own eyes at SJP ever again. He's special. These types of players don't come around very often at your club.

Everton have finished in the top 8 for the last 7 seasons. They're a top 8 team. Stop being delusional.

Never said they weren't? I said Naismith isn't a top 8 PL player. I was pointing out how Everton have had a bad year and flirted relegation then bounced back with a very good league finish, then year after fell short of expectations again but then year after bounced back up. We had a bad season last year, that doesn't mean we are a bad team, we can still bounce back this year, that's my point.

Never said they weren't? I said Naismith isn't a top 8 PL player. I was pointing out how Everton have had a bad year and flirted relegation then bounced back with a very good league finish, then year after fell short of expectations again but then year after bounced back up. We had a bad season last year, that doesn't mean we are a bad team, we can still bounce back this year, that's my point.

If you look at our recent history, our 5th place finish was unusual. We wouldn't be 'bouncing back' to that level. What's our average league position of the last 5/6 year?