Alan Pardew

Mike

Every time I see this horrible spineless t*** on MOTD or even in the dugout at the game it actually fills me with hate, almost enough to never watch another one of our games again until he pisses off.

Serious levels of hatred.

You have serious issues.

Other than relegation we are stuck with thus guy. Even then if we git relegated I'm not sure Ashley would pull the trigger.

I hate the bloke more and more everytime I watch us, hear him, see him.

The jokers that sing his name at the ground can fuck right off, who knows what they are thinking as they must have watched a different nufc to me the last 2 years.

Best players we have had in ages used in the worst possible way. Tosser.

Don't think this season has taught us anything we didn't already know to be honest - given a week to prepare he's decent at setting the team up to play a specific opponent, but if the other side does something unexpected or changes things during the match he really struggles to react. Quite a major weakness really. Also suggests he's not getting much in the way of useful input from his coaching staff.

The fact we don't have Europe means the extra prep time should get us more points than last season, but we'll get nowhere near another 5th place finish, unless somehow Cisse could remember how to be a goal-a-game striker.

He was pretty p*ssed off about Saturday in his pre-match presser, really didn't look happy. He pretty much said that he wants to keep that amount of offensive players in the side but if they continue to defend like that as a team then things will have to change.

Pretty reasonable observation tbf.

I actually could have done with Happy Face over the summer for a bit of positivity. I think he's refreshing for the forum rather than usual suspects trying to gauge an opinion on how we can still have a good season regardless of Pardew’s shitness.

If the average Newcastle fan was as embittered towards Pardew (as opposed to Ashley) as this forum is then he would have been booed out of town long ago.  Proper Rat King of loathing has built up on here I think, and more people join with a loss than escape with a win/draw.

Dissenting voices seem to get sarcasm or stick more than consideration of points made....until you ask them to put their money where their mouth is ;)

I'll bet you every penny that I own that Pardew is a s*** manager.

FWIW, I did find that the hatred for him was mainly on here until after the 0-3 and 0-6. Since then I haven't met anyone except you and a couple of others on here that pointlessly defend him.

Think someone on here mentioned their utter disbelief that the Straberry corner would sing "Pardew is our King" during the Hull game.  So a vocal contingent in the stadium are still supportive.

Right, so possibly a few people in 50,000. :lol: I'd expect more in the stadium, tbh. Not in real life though. I don't tend to hang around community centres and mental hospitals.

I honestly don't think this song should be interpreted as a show of support for Pardew. It's just a song we sing when we're winning, some lad behind me sang 'Keegan is our king' at the end of it during the Hull game.

He was pretty pissed off about Saturday in his pre-match presser, really didn't look happy. He pretty much said that he wants to keep that amount of offensive players in the side but if they continue to defend like that as a team then things will have to change.

Then he shouldn't start any of those players who took it too lightly against Leeds. Ben Arfa, Cisse and Debuchy should all be benched, we have more than enough quality to win at home against a struggling championship side.

I said before the season that I think we'll finish 8th like, knocked that down to 9-10th now after seeing Everton and Swansea but I think we'll be about there purely because of the dross filling the rest of the league. I think it'll be a torturous and frustrating ride regardless.

I'm happy with that progress.

We finished 8 points from 8th last year and were absolutely s****. Anything over 50 points and you're pretty much odds on as you're really only the best of a bad bunch. It's only progress if we maintain it and/or improve upon it though. And Pardew showed last year that he's hardly reliably in that respect, especially without investment.

We just need to steady the ship after the relegation battle last season, get some confidence instilled back around the city, our team is slowly building into something special we just need to keep trying to add little bits of quality here and there as we are never going to splash at big style like some teams do. We've came a long way already from the days of Barton/Nolan, we just need to keep pushing on. New owners and a new fancy manager would be nice but that’s not likely to happen anytime soon.

Hello Alan. Sly dig at the fans in the end there and jobs a good`un.

Do you go on my profile, check my posts and pick up on any you fancy? You've done it all afternoon. Just pointing this out because it's a bit cuntish tbf.

Thing is you're contradicting yourself somewhat there Brett . You can certainly say we have come a long way player wise since Barton and Nolan,  I would even agree. But why isn't our team any better than the one Pardew took over?  Indeed some might say that the team is actually worse despite the personnel being of a higher quality of player.  Why is that? It's a rhetorical question by the way.

I've contradicted nothing in terms of my own opinion, i think this is the best side i've seen in years, i hope Pardew sticks with the majority of this team and blends it together, it has signs of the team that finished 5th but with more quality added to it.

It should be but it really isn't.

We'll see, just different opinions. I believe in this side.

Do you believe in the team? Or the individual qualities of the players?

I said before the season that I think we'll finish 8th like, knocked that down to 9-10th now after seeing Everton and Swansea but I think we'll be about there purely because of the dross filling the rest of the league. I think it'll be a torturous and frustrating ride regardless.

We finished 8 points from 8th last year and were absolutely s****. Anything over 50 points and you're pretty much odds on as you're really only the best of a bad bunch. It's only progress if we maintain it and/or improve upon it though. And Pardew showed last year that he's hardly reliably in that respect, especially without investment.

We just need to steady the ship after the relegation battle last season, get some confidence instilled back around the city, our team is slowly building into something special we just need to keep trying to add little bits of quality here and there as we are never going to splash at big style like some teams do. We've came a long way already from the days of Barton/Nolan, we just need to keep pushing on. New owners and a new fancy manager would be nice but that’s not likely to happen anytime soon.

Do you go on my profile, check my posts and pick up on any you fancy? You've done it all afternoon. Just pointing this out because it's a bit cuntish tbf.

Thing is you're contradicting yourself somewhat there Brett . You can certainly say we have come a long way player wise since Barton and Nolan,  I would even agree. But why isn't our team any better than the one Pardew took over?  Indeed some might say that the team is actually worse despite the personnel being of a higher quality of player.  Why is that? It's a rhetorical question by the way.

I've contradicted nothing in terms of my own opinion, i think this is the best side i've seen in years, i hope Pardew sticks with the majority of this team and blends it together, it has signs of the team that finished 5th but with more quality added to it.

Hello again Venky, been a while since we discussed. At this moment in time i'd say i believe more in the individual quality of the players. They've only really been together a couple of games so i'm hoping they can build a good team chemistry and progress as a side together and i don't see any reason why they can't. I'm not saying it has to be the exact side as it has been last couple of games, just as long as it's thereabouts, for instance Tiote in, Anita out, it's not a major change. I just hope with stick with the way things have been going and let them develop, Hull was a big set back but it’s by no means a forlorn conclusion that we are destined for a poor season, the future is still bright for this side.

Hello again Venky, been a while since we discussed. At this moment in time i'd say i believe more in the individual quality of the players. They've only really been together a couple of games so i'm hoping they can build a good team chemistry and progress as a side together and i don't see any reason why they can't. I'm not saying it has to be the exact side as it has been last couple of games, just as long as it's thereabouts, for instance Tiote in, Anita out, it's not a major change. I just hope with stick with the way things have been going and let them develop, Hull was a big set back but it’s by no means a forlorn conclusion that we are destined for a poor season, the future is still bright for this side.

Right.

Right.

We are starting something new, it's not a quick fix after last season, we've went back to our old formation that was successful, introduced new players into that formation and it's a different playing style. Last 15 minutes of Fulham give us a glimpse of it, then we prepared it properly for Villa and it worked a treat, but then came unstuck with it against Hull, it's still developing. We would have learned a lot from that game on Saturday, the players and the manager. Just stick with it and tweak the changes here and there, no need to panic just yet.

It was clear over the summer Venky that you're not happy with our current state of affairs and that we are doomed for failure again this year. I didn't expect that to change your opinion after 5 games. I've said all along that these players excite me. Krul is one of the best in the league, MYM has the potential to be a class act, Colo is prone to errors but oozes class, Santon will get better and better, Anita is starting to come in to his own and developing, Sissoko is still adapting but has the skill set to be a top player, Cabaye is a lovely player, Ben Arfa is a genius, Remy is looking a class act and i still have faith in Cisse, really think we still have a top striker in him. Then the bench isn't bad either with likes of Gouffran, Marv, Tiote, Taylor as cover for main positions. I've got no doubt in my mind we are far far better than what we showed last season and i really believe we will show that this season.

It was clear over the summer Venky that you're not happy with our current state of affairs and that we are doomed for failure again this year. I didn't expect that to change your opinion after 5 games. I've said all along that these players excite me. Krul is one of the best in the league, MYM has the potential to be a class act, Colo is prone to errors but oozes class, Santon will get better and better, Anita is starting to come in to his own and developing, Sissoko is still adapting but has the skill set to be a top player, Cabaye is a lovely player, Ben Arfa is a genius, Remy is looking a class act and i still have faith in Cisse, really think we still have a top striker in him. Then the bench isn't bad either with likes of Gouffran, Marv, Tiote, Taylor as cover for main positions. I've got no doubt in my mind we are far far better than what we showed last season and i really believe we will show that this season.

I don't disagree with much of that, our only difference of opinion seems to be on Pardew's ability to make a set of players into a team.

I don't disagree with much of that, our only difference of opinion seems to be on Pardew's ability to make a set of players into a team.

Well he created a good dressing room atmosphere and made the players a team in the season we finished 5th so he has shown he's capable of it. He's proved when his side have got confidence and are on a good run he's capable of maintaining it. It's just when things become tough and he has a lot of questions to answer he gets found out for the shit manager he is. I just think these players are good enough to paper over his cracks with their individual ability.

Two injuries and a suspension though and we can write the season off again.

Indeed, if you've got a team working as a unit these things aren't as much of an issue.

Yes, no doubt we've got some talented individuals, but if the opposition manager does his homework and makes a few changes during the game, teamwork usually wins out over random bursts of talent.

Well he created a good dressing room atmosphere and made the players a team in the season we finished 5th so he has shown he's capable of it. He's proved when his side have got confidence and are on a good run he's capable of maintaining it. It's just when things become tough and he has a lot of questions to answer he gets found out for the s*** manager he is. I just think these players are good enough to paper over his cracks with their individual ability.

Given the players haven't acheived anything near for the past 13 months i'd question your ability to make such a judgement.

Being topped out on Bennies doesn't pass as a qualification to do so  i might add.

Well he created a good dressing room atmosphere and made the players a team in the season we finished 5th so he has shown he's capable of it. He's proved when his side have got confidence and are on a good run he's capable of maintaining it. It's just when things become tough and he has a lot of questions to answer he gets found out for the s*** manager he is. I just think these players are good enough to paper over his cracks with their individual ability.

Given the players haven't acheived anything near for the past 13 months i'd question your ability to make such a judgement.

Being topped out on Bennies doesn't pass as a qualification to do so  i might add.

Fire away, question their ability, entirely your opinion to do so. I just think we have a very talented group of players that are finally all now fit and i'm hoping they knuckle down together and start getting some more points on the board. If they start to blunder their way into the relegation zone i still won't be doubting their talent, i'll be on the pardew out bandwagon. For now though, i'm all for the manager and side getting us back up the table.

Fire away, question their ability, entirely your opinion to do so. I just think we have a very talented group of players that are finally all now fit and i'm hoping they knuckle down together and start getting some more points on the board. If they start to blunder their way into the relegation zone i still won't be doubting their talent, i'll be on the pardew out bandwagon. For now though, i'm all for the manager and side getting us back up the table.

Seriously, wtf does that mean? 'i'm all for the side getting back up the table...'

Because that's the last thing the rest of us want. You just plow your lonely furrow with that wish....

Seriously, wtf does that mean? 'i'm all for the side getting back up the table...'

Because that's the last thing the rest of us want. You just plow your lonely furrow with that wish....

I mean i actually believe he will do that rather than just want that. A lot on here don't believe in us to do so and that we will have another poor league finish and even for some another relegation battle. So when i said i'm all for us getting back up the league, i meant i actually think we will finish high up the table. So i apologise the way i came across in that last sentence, didn't mean nobody else wants that.