Alan Pardew

Mike

When did Everton flirt with relegation? About eight years ago? :lol:

Yeah, they were 11th 8 years ago and 4th the year before that. Desperatley close to the edge.

And the year before 4th they were 17th? So they went from 17th to 4th. I'm sure the team got a lot of stick for finishing 17th but they bounced back to show what they were capable of. My point still stands, a good team can have a bad season, we are a good team and we had a bad season, get over it.

Well Ben Arfa is a genius in my eyes, i'm not talking Messi standard, but for me he does things my eyes have never witnessed before and not sure they ever will again.

Naismith isn't a top 8 player, just because he finished there with his team does not make him a top 8 player, teams go up and down, Everton have flirted with relegation then year after bounced up and finished top 8, teams can have poor seasons, this doesn't make them a poor team. Sometimes you underperform and don’t reach expectations, sometimes you can surpass expectations, one bad season doesn’t determine that a team isn’t good or the players haven't got quality.

Everton have finished in the top 8 for the last 7 seasons. They're a top 8 team. Stop being delusional.

They've done it on a budget too, they probably have a similar net spend to us. The main difference has been that they won't compromise when it comes to hiring a manager. Moyes has been followed by Martinez which is a far cry from the cheap as chips/old pals that Ashley tends to favour.

Doesn't miss a trick:

‘We get criticised a lot for perhaps not overspending and not perhaps being a little bit more ambitious in terms of our signings.

But you can look at those other situations where it has not gone well and Leeds are an example of that unfortunately.”

taken from The Mag

When did Everton flirt with relegation? About eight years ago? :lol:

Yeah, they were 11th 8 years ago and 4th the year before that. Desperatley close to the edge.

And the year before 4th they were 17th? So they went from 17th to 4th. I'm sure the team got a lot of stick for finishing 17th but they bounced back to show what they were capable of. My point still stands, a good team can have a bad season, we are a good team and we had a bad season, get over it.

You seem to be struggling with the idea of where our club has been finishing for the last 6 years. We're not a top 6 team who had an unusually bad season last year, we're very much a lower table Prem (and table topping CC) team who had an unusually good year the one before that.

Nothing wrong with optimism but when it actually means you completely ignore glaring facts it becomes idiocy.

On Moyes, you could argue that Pardew would be as good as him after a stable 8 or 9 years at the club.

You could argue that Kinnear might be as good given 8-9 years. It's not hard to speculate on pretty much anything.

we are not a good team like brett, not by a long margin...i rate the individuals we have but the manager is failing us with his ability to make them into a functioning team

That's the biggest problem I think we have some quality individuals but not the team qualities that are required. Our organisation is all over the place when we don't have the ball and we appear uncoordinated at best when we are in possession.

On Moyes, you could argue that Pardew would be as good as him after a stable 8 or 9 years at the club.

How could you argue that?

I don't get that argument, Pardew has had nearly 3 years and has not really improved the way we play at all, we have gone backwards and don't look like we are developing as a squad with young players etc.

We look more disorganised now than when he took over, he has failed to bring young players through into the squad and make a difference, he has not settled on a balanced formation and tactics. We basically just look disjointed more often than not and I don't expect any great improvement in next 3 or 4 years.

:spit:

So people telling me that they would have stuck by Moyes when he accumulated Everton's worst ever points tally and finished 17th. f*** off would you lot have done.

?

What is your question?

He hasn't got a f**king clue what his question is tbqph.

So people telling me that they would have stuck by Moyes when he accumulated Everton's worst ever points tally and finished 17th. f*** off would you lot have done.

?

What is your question?

If Moyes turned up here from Preston, got Newcastle their worst ever points tally and finished 17th, would this board not be in meltdown saying he's out of his depth and needs sacked?

Personally i believe they wouldn't have give him a chance in hell to turn things around.

Pardew would never get 8 or 9 years anywhere cos hes shit and everyone else sees it except for the following known criminals:

Ian W

Brettnufc

Inochi

Happy Face

Named and shamed, how will I go on?

FWIW I wasn't saying he should get 9 years, I was hinting at what Brett said, basically that sometimes sticking through tough times is the right thing to do.

?

What is your question?

If Moyes turned up here from Preston, got Newcastle their worst ever points tally and finished 17th, would this board not be in meltdown saying he's out of his depth and needs sacked?

Personally i believe they wouldn't have give him a chance in hell to turn things around.

Besides league position, you are ignoring all (every.single) factor that would determine whether or not this board would be in "meltdown".