Alan Pardew

Mike

I can only assume that 'very good' isn't actually that good and that BrettNUFC has some sort of sliding Power Rangers Mega Zord scale in his head. Barca are Samurai-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-Zord in Space. NUFC are 'very good' and Liverpool, Spurs, Man United, Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal are all Mighty Morphin.

Well i meant a very good side for this league, wasn't talking about world football. I'm sure league 2 fans will be saying we've got a really good side here, but meaning in terms of their targets, not comparing themselves to Barcelona.

Guest firetotheworks

I can only assume that 'very good' isn't actually that good and that BrettNUFC has some sort of sliding Power Rangers Mega Zord scale in his head. Barca are Samurai-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-Zord in Space. NUFC are 'very good' and Liverpool, Spurs, Man United, Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal are all Mighty Morphin.

Well i meant a very good side for this league, wasn't talking about world football. I'm sure league 2 fans will be saying we've got a really good side here, but meaning in terms of their targets, not comparing themselves to Barcelona.

:lol:

You're not even getting the jokes.

You must be confident of at least Europa League qualification then?

We're not a good side, we're a collection of pretty good players that leaves Pardew scratching his head how to forge a team out of them. The job that's usually the specialty of a manager.

Guest firetotheworks

a few game results doesn't determine the outcome of the ability of your side.

It does.

f***ing hell. Not even bothering to answer that. So silly like. Proper silly.

:hmm:

Come back with a more reasonable example than Man United and it might be worthy of debate. As things stand, it's totally silly and not worth talking about.

You must be confident of at least Europa League qualification then?

I think we'll finish 8th. Think top 6 looks even harder to break into for how much they have strengthened.

It does.

Come back with a more reasonable example than Man United and it might be worthy of debate. As things stand, it's totally silly and not worth talking about.

Southampton have went from an average side to a very good side side because they have won the last 3 with 3 clean sheets and five goals in the process and one of the teams they've defeated is Liverpool away?

the more i think of using HBA instead of cisse as a false 9 or whatever the more i like it, i really hope this daft cunt cottons on somehow 'cause it could be amazing and for home games vs. 'park the bus' types might also be a better way of opening them up

Guest firetotheworks

It does.

Southampton have went from an average side to a very good side side because they have won the last 3 with 3 clean sheets and five goals in the process and one of the teams they've defeated is Liverpool away?

I honestly can't tell whether you're being serious or sarcastic here. It's hard to tell with you.

We've seen this win before. It's the 2nd half retreat that encapsulates his coward approach. He's never sure of what we're doing right, and when we're doing something right, his main aim is to ensure we don't lose it.

It wasn't tactical though, we set out positively in the second half but the momentum just turned against us. It happens it football, we aren't good enough to dominate a game for 90 minutes.

Agreed. We came out in the second half even more positive than in the first. We were battering them, up to the point of Willo's air shot. The trouble with this side this season isnt as much Pardew and how he sets them up rather than the collective Gallic shrug when we concede a goal. Add to that the surrenders at home in the last 3 games last season and the capitualtion v Hull this season then iyam the problem is with attitude and heart rather than tactics and ability.

If I thought that we were a very good side, I'd be disappointed with finishing 8th.

I just realise the top 6 have improved greatly over past couple of year and the task of catching them up is becoming harder. It's a tough league, just got to try and keep pushing on and bring the calibre of players like Remy to the club. Not an easy task but we have improved the talent within our squad over the years but just not as quickly as the top teams can afford to do it.

If I thought that we were a very good side, I'd be disappointed with finishing 8th.

I just realise the top 6 have improved greatly over past couple of year and the task of catching them up is becoming harder. It's a tough league, just got to try and keep pushing on and bring the calibre of players like Remy to the club. Not an easy task but we have improved the talent within our squad over the years but just not as quickly as the top teams can afford to do it.

So "very good" means anywhere from 4th to about 10th? Good is 11th to 14th, average is......

How odd.

Guest firetotheworks

Ignoring the semantics of being a very good side for the moment (fwiw a very good side shouldn't be happy with 8th imo)

I don't think those sides have improved in so much as the others have fallen away. The collective gap is still the same imo. The only teams that have clearly improved are Liverpool imo. Arsenal look better, but the rest have dropped a level in quality or remained the same, imo.

Ignoring the semantics of being a very good side for the moment (fwiw a very good side shouldn't be happy with 8th imo)

I don't think those sides have improved in so much as the others have fallen away. The collective gap is still the same imo. The only teams that have clearly improved are Liverpool imo. Arsenal look better, but the rest have dropped a level in quality or remained the same, imo.

I Think we discuss improved it's very much "on paper" are present.

Sure the likes of Swansea, Norwich, Spurs etc have improved their squad on paper but at the minute the results aren't bearing it out.

I think that a good season for us would be a cup and a finish of 8th personally.

Spurs have just bought themselves a new squad what should be good enough to challenge for title, they haven't even unleashed Lamela yet. Only the champions have really failed to move forward, the rest have done so. Just because i think we are a good side doesn't mean to say i think we are better than Liverpool and should be taking their 6th place finish. We are behind them in terms of quality. You have people on here saying 8th isn't good enough but then think we will be in a relegation battle.

Guest firetotheworks

Spurs have just bought themselves a new squad what should be good enough to challenge for title, they haven't even unleashed Lamela yet. Only the champions have really failed to move forward, the rest have done so. Just because i think we are a good side doesn't mean to say i think we are better than Liverpool and should be taking their 6th place finish. We are behind them in terms of quality. You have people on here saying 8th isn't good enough but then think we will be in a relegation battle.

Neither of those two things are mutually exclusive. Just because you won't accept one thing, doesn't mean you'll accept another. You wouldn't take a tenner for your car just because you've been offered a quid. 8th isn't good enough in terms of our current ambition. Absolutely not. Never. It's certainly not good enough for a side that I would ever describe as very good.

There's very good things about this side but there is too many gaping holes for it to be a very good side in general.

There's a massive difference between the two.

Yeah i know what you mean, i'm just generally very happy with how this side is taken shape, there's a lot to like about it and i don't think they are getting the praise they deserve simply because people have issues with management/owners. We have a lot of players other clubs around us would absolutely love to have and we are taken them for granted.