Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest neesy111

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with being frustrated with the manager even if he's not the biggest problem at the club. He still makes some ridiculous mistakes.

Yeap.  Many do see the bigger picture, still doesn't excuse Pardew's decisions etc as a coach/manager.

Guest neesy111

I'm not referencing people specifically on here :thup:

Well you're on a forum with NUFC fans, who are you exactly targeting?

The fact is we have a squad full of International players....not Internationals from Haiti or Papua New Guinea or even Austria. Internationals from countries with good footballing pedigree. France, Argentina, Italy and Holland. Countries that do well in World Cups. So to an extent, the under investment is moot. What isn't moot is that generally, with this current manager pulling the strings, we play football not suited to World Cups and European Championships or Copa Americas, but to Conferance level. High , long aimless balls to nobody. We've had a season where we've finished just above the relegation places due to the manager not being able to get anything like the best from these players.

They cannot be bad players, as their tally of caps show so we have to assume that the Manager isn't doing his job correctly. Or more to the point, look at his career history and you'd fairly summise, he's not able to do his job correctly.

That is the bigger picture irrespective of what the Pardew fanboys will have you believe.

It's not a great post really, is it?

Harps on about the perceived qualities of 'international players' without even considering the actual ability of our players

And anyone who has seen us this season can't say we have been attempting to play 'conference level' football. The football yesterday was substandard, that goes without saying, but don't make our squad out to be something it isn't.

Harps on about the perceived qualities of 'international players' without even considering the actual ability of our players

And anyone who has seen us this season can't say we have been attempting to play 'conference level' football. The football yesterday was substandard, that goes without saying, but don't make our squad out to be something it isn't.

It really isn't a squad that should be finishing 16th in the Premier League though and that's why the blame should lie at the managers door. I don't think any manager would be immune from criticism for the type of season we had last year - even if it was the most likeable bloke in the world.

I'll be interested to see how we look against Sunderland. Everyone agrees they are a dire team with one of the weakest squads in the league and now a manager who most here wouldn't want. Over 90 mins we should definitely look the better team, regardless of the result if Pardew has anything at all about him as a manager.

By 'yesterday' I mean last season. Been at the blue crystal.

Only three sides in the league conceded more goals than us last season. Consider the defenders and keeper we had at our disposal and the fact at no point did we try to play genuinely attacking football. It pretty clearly points to the manager being fucking awful at his job.

Only three sides in the league conceded more goals than us last season. Consider the defenders and keeper we had at our disposal and the fact at no point did we try to play genuinely attacking football. It pretty clearly points to the manager being f***ing awful at his job.

Amen.

The fact is we have a squad full of International players....not Internationals from Haiti or Papua New Guinea or even Austria. Internationals from countries with good footballing pedigree. France, Argentina, Italy and Holland. Countries that do well in World Cups. So to an extent, the under investment is moot. What isn't moot is that generally, with this current manager pulling the strings, we play football not suited to World Cups and European Championships or Copa Americas, but to Conferance level. High , long aimless balls to nobody. We've had a season where we've finished just above the relegation places due to the manager not being able to get anything like the best from these players.

They cannot be bad players, as their tally of caps show so we have to assume that the Manager isn't doing his job correctly. Or more to the point, look at his career history and you'd fairly summise, he's not able to do his job correctly.

That is the bigger picture irrespective of what the Pardew fanboys will have you believe.

Thats pretty fat from the bigger picture iyam. The bigger picture is Mike Ashley wont pay for a better manager than the rather limited Pardew. People on forums such as this think they're clever pointing out every mistake Pardew makes, frankly just to show off "how much they know about football", yet barely utter a word about the bloke who continues to employ him. Pretty bizzare.

We've tried to play better football this season, and it has showed in some games. Thing is when we concede a goal heads drop. The greatest players are great because they've got heart as well as ability. Difficult to teach grown men heart tbh.

I'll say this for him, his management is the main reason I've stopped going to watch the team. I'm well aware of the main problem at NUFC, anyone who pays a bit of attention to the club is, but the football is so bad under this idiot that I just can't be arsed.

Thats pretty fat from the bigger picture iyam. The bigger picture is Mike Ashley wont pay for a better manager than the rather limited Pardew. People on forums such as this think they're clever pointing out every mistake Pardew makes, frankly just to show off "how much they know about football", yet barely utter a word about the bloke who continues to employ him. Pretty bizzare.

We've tried to play better football this season, and it has showed in some games. Thing is when we concede a goal heads drop. The greatest players are great because they've got heart as well as ability. Difficult to teach grown men heart tbh.

He's given Pardew a team full of internationals. Pardew cannot be exonerated from the shite his team generally serves up.The team is full of class. Remember how Pardew had Hayden Mullins and Marlon Harewood keep Javier Mascherano and Carlos Tevez out of his West Ham team. Pardew doesn't have the qualities needed to manage this class of player. I imagine if I were a Cabaye or a Coloccini , I'd find it nigh on possible to take on board the opinions of such a proven shit manager.

The team is full of ACTUAL Internationals,  not perceived ones you duck egg. :-[

Guest neesy111

I'll say this for him, his management is the main reason I've stopped going to watch the team. I'm well aware of the main problem at NUFC, anyone who pays a bit of attention to the club is, but the football is so bad under this idiot that I just can't be arsed.

Yeap.

Ashley is main person to blame for all our issues, though Pardew has a good amount of responsibility for what happens on the pitch despite the mess off the field we are in.

I can't believe this is still up for debate, obviously it's ultimately Ashley's fault for being so short sighted and giving Pardew an 8 year contract after one season that he perceived as sustainable.

However that doesn't excuse Pardews ineptitude and only he can be blamed for a group of internationals not performing to the sum of its parts. A fully fit Newcastle United should be a handful for ANY team in the league, bollocks we can't expect to compete against the top teams, we should have enough in our "locker" to give anyone a game. Sadly we fall short on too many occasions and are seen to be competing in the third tier of the premier league.

I can't believe this is still up for debate, obviously it's ultimately Ashley's fault for being so short sighted and giving Pardew an 8 year contract after one season that he perceived as sustainable.

However that doesn't excuse Pardews ineptitude and only he can be blamed for a group of internationals not performing to the sum of its parts. A fully fit Newcastle United should be a handful for ANY team in the league, bollocks we can't expect to compete against the top teams, we should have enough in our "locker" to give anyone a game. Sadly we fall short on too many occasions and are seen to be competing in the third tier of the premier league.

Pardews rubbish, agreed.....why's he still in a job again? This isn't a chicken and egg debate folks, Ashley wants a yes man who will deliver premier league survival. I want more than that and so do all you lot, but Pardew remains in his job. Most of you lamenting some of the woeful stuff we've turned in in the last 12 months barely mention Ashley as being the real problem. Every criticism of Pardew without reference to the man who keeps someone with such limited ability in a job is utterly pointless. Not good for a debating forum I know, but the fact remains, heavy criticism of Pardew misses the point by a million miles.

Pardews rubbish, agreed.....why's he still in a job again? This isn't a chicken and egg debate folks, Ashley wants a yes man who will deliver premier league survival. I want more than that and so do all you lot, but Pardew remains in his job. Most of you lamenting some of the woeful stuff we've turned in in the last 12 months barely mention Ashley as being the real problem. Every criticism of Pardew without reference to the man who keeps someone with such limited ability in a job is utterly pointless. Not good for a debating forum I know, but the fact remains, heavy criticism of Pardew misses the point by a million miles.

Not with the quality of the players he has it doesn't. And all of what Ashley is about Pardew has been complicit with anyhow. So your post has no real point at all.