Alan Pardew

Mike

To be fair, get a draw against Liverpool, an extra time lose against Man City (where we had the chance to win first) and a win against Chelsea is fucking impressive.

Today is probably the most depressing recent reaction to a result for me.

Draw against Liverpool, beat Cardiff, beat Chelsea. With a cup game against Man City where we did pretty well and were just undone late on by their superstars. Then come into this thread and see page after page of abuse. Guess it shows how important the derby really is.

We may as well close off the Pardew thread TBH, it's clear that everyone's opinion is totally set. No credit is coming his way now, and everyone will continue to play down every positive and go mental over every negative until he's eventually sacked.

I guess it's fair enough if opinions are formed and set in stone, it's just a bit crazy how extreme and petty it has become.

WUM. Go away.

Anyway...

"(The players) took a lot of criticism this week. It's not easy for a player to take the criticism we sometimes get here"

Still having a go at us :thup:

To be fair, get a draw against Liverpool, an extra time lose against Man City (where we had the chance to win first) and a win against Chelsea is fucking impressive.

Draw against Liverpool, beat Cardiff, beat Chelsea. With a cup game against Man City where we did pretty well and were just undone late on by their superstars. Then come into this thread and see page after page of abuse. Guess it shows how important the derby really is.

We may as well close off the Pardew thread TBH, it's clear that everyone's opinion is totally set. No credit is coming his way now, and everyone will continue to play down every positive and go mental over every negative until he's eventually sacked.

I guess it's fair enough if opinions are formed and set in stone, it's just a bit crazy how extreme and petty it has become.

WUM. Go away.

Anyway...

"(The players) took a lot of criticism this week. It's not easy for a player to take the criticism we sometimes get here"

Still having a go at us :thup:

WUM. Anyway, you managed an actual argument for once so I'll respond.

It's a high pressure place to play, I don't see what's wrong with saying that.

Yeah, except it also makes losing to Sunderland & Hull all the more embarrassing.

I think Pardew's tactical sense isn't bad.  In fact I think he is the best we have had since Sir Bobby.  However he spent most of his time on disrupting opponent's game plan and didn't create a "style" for our own players.  This creates huge inconsistency and we suffered a lot by losing to teams that we should never lose.  In contrast, we always get good results against great teams because we disrupt their game plan.

If he successfully makes one that suit our players, our results could be greatly improved.  I cant see this happening though. 

Ian man you can't have it both ways? You can't down play the negatives then exaggerate the positives. Today was a fantastic result but don't forget we beat Chelsea at home last season too and look where we ended up then. Sure praise for winning a game but you don't just forget all the other shit the manager has served up because of it.

Ian man you can't have it both ways? You can't down play the negatives then exaggerate the positives. Today was a fantastic result but don't forget we beat Chelsea at home last season too and look where we ended up then. Sure praise for winning a game but you don't just forget all the other shit the manager has served up because of it.

I've never tried to forget anything, Pardew has done loads of things wrong and I've never denied that. Just somehow he's become some sort of avatar of evil and purveyor of anti-football. It's not the negatives that get generally ignored on here.

Especially depressing after beating an in-form Chelsea side and bouncing back brilliantly from a defeat.

To be fair, get a draw against Liverpool, an extra time lose against Man City (where we had the chance to win first) and a win against Chelsea is f***ing impressive.

Pardew has to take some blame for that.  The rest has to be split between Ashley and the fans.

To be fair, get a draw against Liverpool, an extra time lose against Man City (where we had the chance to win first) and a win against Chelsea is f***ing impressive.

Pardew has to take some blame for that.  The rest has to be split between Ashley and the fans.

Yep, fair point. Just thing it's a shame that we can't even really enjoy a massive win like today.

We won b/c his Plan A worked. Had he had to switch to Plan B, we know the evidence in the past of that. No bueno.

Isn't having a plan that works a good thing though?

More times than not Plan A doesn't work man, you know that. Evidenced by his shit managerial record and the lack of wins we've had over the course of the past 2 seasons.

We have several outstanding players imo (I have always said that) and once in a while, they'll prove that, as they did today in the second half. The manager's job is to get the consistent best out of them and he's still shown no signs of doing so.

You could put a tramp in charge of Barcelona's players and they'd still occasionally blitz someone. It's not proof of anything when the evidence against is so consistent and overwhelming.

He's certainly making a better fist of it than last season but having personally set the bar so low himself, that in itself is not worth any congratulation whatsoever.

We won b/c his Plan A worked. Had he had to switch to Plan B, we know the evidence in the past of that. No bueno.

Isn't having a plan that works a good thing though?

More times than not Plan A doesn't work man, you know that. Evidenced by his shit managerial record and the lack of wins we've had over the course of the past 2 seasons.

OK, but even so. He thought of a way that he believed we could beat Chelsea, and we went and beat Chelsea. It's a bizarre kind of masochistic logic to then go 'yes, but we all know he'd have been in the shit if it hadn't worked'.

Yep, fair point. Just thing it's a shame that we can't even really enjoy a massive win like today.

I'm thrilled we've won, tbh. I'm just not going to sit back and give a man a smile and plaudits who's made a mockery of the position...including his pre and post match comments about his boss. He needs to shut his mouth, thank the fans for CONTINUED support and his players who put in a shift.

Guest bimpy474

His pre match comments were disgusting, fuck him. I'm still going to enjoy the fantastic victory today....and not think about that wanker.

Guest bimpy474

Last season we had 14 points after 10 games with a -2 goal difference, today we have 14 points from 10 games with a -2 goal difference.

No Europa mind  :tobey:

Would you say we're as bad as we were last season Mick?

I wouldn't say we're any better, for that to happen we need to string a few results and performances together, instead of us blowing hot and cold.