Alan Pardew

Mike

- He can't win

- I don't see what he's said that's wrong

- Somebody asked

- Leave Pards alone

- I'd like to hear a recorded version of the interview

- I don't think this is worthy of discussion

- Stop dissecting his quotes, he should be able to say whatever he likes in the press with no scrutiny at all

- Every manager says the exact same thing, it's just that we don't read their interviews

- Can't believe you want Joe Kinnear as our manager

Take your pick, chaps.

- He can't win

- Somebody asked

- Leave Pards alone

- Stop dissecting his quotes, he should be able to say whatever he likes in the press with no scrutiny at all

- Every manager says the exact same thing, it's just that we don't read their interviews

Take your pick, chaps.

You missed out:

'Dreadful banter, lads, just trying to be positive.'

- He can't win

- Somebody asked

- Leave Pards alone

Take your pick, chaps.

You missed out:

'Dreadful banter, lads, just trying to be positive.'

:lol: Also, "were you at the match?"

Actually the best one is when somebody doesn't watch the match and goes shopping or something instead then comes in here and has a pop at people for being negative about the match.  Seen that one happen numerous times, the culprit(s) unsurprising.

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew says more emphasis is to be placed on the production of home-grown talent at St James' Park.

The Magpies acknowledge that they cannot compete with the lavish spending of some of their Premier League rivals, forcing them to take a different approach to squad development.

Fresh faces will always be drafted in from elsewhere, with experience and proven ability vital in the English top flight.

Pardew is, however, aware of the need to keep bringing potential through the academy ranks, with Tyneside native Paul Dummett having impressed since stepping up into the senior ranks this term.

He said in the Sunday Times: "We've focused our academy on local players rather than searching the world for talent.

"We are now focusing very much in our area. I think it is an important message for our fans. That's the instruction from myself, Joe Kinnear and Mike Ashley. We want to maximise what's in our area.

"The ratio of foreign players at Newcastle is getting tight. It's important in our transfer policy that we bring in some English players.

"I'm very focused on the academy promoting talent from this area. I've said to all our scouts that I want to bring in players from here.

"We're scouring locally. That's something we need to do. We need more coaching hours with our players but, in terms of transfers to our first team, you've got to be good enough."

Pardew added: "All of our academy coaches should be proud. Everybody works so hard down there. It is brilliant for them to see somebody on the threshold of the first team.

"We have Sammy (Ameobi). We have had Dummett come through, who is definitely part of our first team squad. There's Arma (Adam Armstrong, and England U17 international) and (Adam) Campbell. We're hoping for them."

Does this mean we're not signing anyone in January?

We won't sign anyone unless we are fighting relegation IMO.

He's full of shit though, so we are going to focus on players who aren't good enough instead of trying to get the best talent we possibly can.

Typical Pardew trying to pander to the public but he just gets it all wrong, we want to see the best players we can possibly attract play to there highest possible level.

Rubbish! This proves we're in there competing for players with the rest of the football and conference leagues!  :indi:

Know I'd rather be in the camp wanting him to succeed than actively hoping we get beat like. Now that is awful banter.

Aye, I can't wait to see him succeed at keeping us above 18th, like. Much more fun than the possibility of him being replaced. :thup:

Know I'd rather be in the camp wanting him to succeed than actively hoping we get beat like. Now that is awful banter.

I want Newcastle to win every game so I suppose I want him to succeed by association.  Didn't Mick say he would accept a loss if it meant he went, rather than that he was willing us to lose?  That's not the same thing.

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew says more emphasis is to be placed on the production of home-grown talent at St James' Park.

The Magpies acknowledge that they cannot compete with the lavish spending of some of their Premier League rivals, forcing them to take a different approach to squad development.

Fresh faces will always be drafted in from elsewhere, with experience and proven ability vital in the English top flight.

Pardew is, however, aware of the need to keep bringing potential through the academy ranks, with Tyneside native Paul Dummett having impressed since stepping up into the senior ranks this term.

He said in the Sunday Times: "We've focused our academy on local players rather than searching the world for talent.

"We are now focusing very much in our area. I think it is an important message for our fans. That's the instruction from myself, Joe Kinnear and Mike Ashley. We want to maximise what's in our area.

"The ratio of foreign players at Newcastle is getting tight. It's important in our transfer policy that we bring in some English players.

"I'm very focused on the academy promoting talent from this area. I've said to all our scouts that I want to bring in players from here.

"We're scouring locally. That's something we need to do. We need more coaching hours with our players but, in terms of transfers to our first team, you've got to be good enough."

Pardew added: "All of our academy coaches should be proud. Everybody works so hard down there. It is brilliant for them to see somebody on the threshold of the first team.

"We have Sammy (Ameobi). We have had Dummett come through, who is definitely part of our first team squad. There's Arma (Adam Armstrong, and England U17 international) and (Adam) Campbell. We're hoping for them."

Does this mean we're not signing anyone in January?

:scared: Arma!

I think everybody wants him to succeed, it's just a few think it's less likely than one of us winning the lottery.

Guest reefatoon

I hate it when the club say we can't compete with other clubs, it's total bullshit.  We choose not to compete which is what pisses us all off. If we wanted to we could,  we are just owned by a serious tight cunt who doesn't give a shit, so they can fuck off with this "can't" bollocks.

I want Newcastle to win every game so I suppose I want him to succeed by association.  Didn't Mick say he would accept a loss if it meant he went, rather than that he was willing us to lose?  That's not the same thing.

Seen plenty of people revelling in the prospect of defeat prior to recent matches. Makes the skin crawl.

He says it's important to our transfer policy to promote youngsters from the area. That doesn't really make any sense, seeing as transfers and the academy are different entities.

I would love to see more Geordies in the first team, providing they were good enough. I would love to believe we were scouting other teams' academies for the sole purposes of learning. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but considering the tiny amount of success we've had from our academy in the last decade or so, I've little faith in the set-up we currently have.

Carroll is the one out-and-out success we've had from our academy since the 90s. Taylor and Shola are in the next class down. Sammy and Dummett look vaguely promising but it's far too early to tell. We've had numerous players of their ilk come through, then falter and drop down a division, where they're more suited. Not writing them off by any means, but their moderate success (thus far) is no reason for Pardew to start stroking his dick about what a good job we're doing with players from the area.

Anita and Ben Arfa on the bench. This is a joke right?

i understand HBA, i really do, but when anita is on the pitch we're a much better passing team and can hold the ball better which is important against teams like spurs...if we turn possession over to them too often they'll bury us early imo

no sense leaving anita out, none whatsoever