Alan Pardew

Mike

Personally I am looking forward to how we measure up against Swansea before we get to Old Trafford. They are a really good passing side when they are on their game so it will be a very different test to yesterday, but then so were Spurs and Liverpool and we coped okay there.

I wonder whether Pardew might revert to the mentality of those Spurs/Chelsea games, and have us absorb pressure before trying to nick one late on, especially with Swansea missing a few key men up front.

brett, why not try pointing out why i'm supposedly wrong instead of using a smiley face and implying you're somehow correct without explaining why

I don't believe not getting key injuries should be classed as lucky for starters. I don't believe Chelsea concentrating on the Champions League should classed us lucky if we are winning our matches and they are dropping points in theres. I don't believe Cisse going an excellent goal scoring streak should be classed as lucky. There's just a few of the reasons which has been stated in the past for being 'lucky' in the 5th season.

Just think the players deserve a bit more respect than saying they are in for a twatting when they turn up at OT.

they're probably not reading, and i'm not being disrespectful i just have a feeling about it is all...largely based on our shitty f***ing record down there

be happy to be wrong brett, DELIGHTED - SO YOU CAN SEE THIS - I'D LIKE US TO WIN AT PLAYING FOOTBALL

Well i'm aware you would be happy if we didn't get the twatting you can see on the horizon. Just unsure where such negativity comes from on the back of good displays and some good scalpings against top sides.

I haven't seen anything of Man Utd so far in the league to be worried about them. If you go down thinking of past history and we are playing Manchester United at Old Trafford where they are exceptionally good, you probably are going to get a twatting.

We gave them a good go last year with a far lesser squad and nowhere near the sort of form we are in now, so if we come out of Swansea with some credit, i see no reason to fear Man Utd.

brett, a loose definition of luck (that i choose to employ) is something going your way that you can't control - the things you're talking about are lucky to varying extents, injuries are part and parcel of the game, for everyone, how badly teams get hit by them is pretty much down to luck (although of course they can influence with preparation and so on to an extent), however if shawcross decides to break ramsey in half that's bad luck for arsenal

since 2003 chelsea have only finished outside the top 4 once, care to guess which year that was?  in fact since 2004 they'd never finished below 3rd...it was a circumstance that was completely out of our control but went our way due to their commitments in the CL

neither tell the whole story of the season brett, and i've never said either explained the season fully despite you trying to make it seem like i have - i simply can't ignore the whole picture, some of our football was utterly horrific that season yet we had strikers in form at the right time in ba and cisse and they dug us out when we needed it

i don't ignore the very good things pardew and the team did that season either, in fact i've been talking about them on this very page yet for some reason you choose to ignore that

it's interesting how you paint me and others as negative when you consider that your man pardew is defined by negativity

Personally I am looking forward to how we measure up against Swansea before we get to Old Trafford. They are a really good passing side when they are on their game so it will be a very different test to yesterday, but then so were Spurs and Liverpool and we coped okay there.

I wonder whether Pardew might revert to the mentality of those Spurs/Chelsea games, and have us absorb pressure before trying to nick one late on, especially with Swansea missing a few key men up front.

If they are missing key strikers then it would make sense tbh. Let them huff and puff with no one to put the ball away and then hit them on the break with Remy.

Pretty much what we done in the 2-0. Loved that game for some reason, Cabaye and Cisse (:sad:) man.

We were excellent that game. Was counter attack to perfection. Would love to see that again on Wednesday.

wasn't it 80/20 possession or something in that game at one point :lol:

loved that match

He's doing well.  Completely agree with him not playing Ben Arfa, we are a much better team without him.

I really don't understand when people say things like that. I hope he's the first name on your 'transfer out' sheet then. Ridiculous comment.

Failure to get the best out of and include your most talented player in your winning 11 no matter what the results is not something to trump around like a fucking achievement. We will see all flair go out of this club with this mentality.

Please wait for the inevitable time when Pards' new found system takes a beating and he resorts to hoying him on to save the fucking day.

He's doing well.  Completely agree with him not playing Ben Arfa, we are a much better team without him.

I really don't understand when people say things like that. I hope he's the first name on your 'transfer out' sheet then. Ridiculous comment.

Failure to get the best out of and include your most talented player in your winning 11 no matter what the results is not something to trump around like a fucking achievement. We will see all flair go out of this club with this mentality.

Please wait for the inevitable time when Pards' new found system takes a beating and he resorts to hoying him on to save the fucking day.

Personally I would play Gouffran through the centre with HBA out wide and putting in the same effort he did when Pardew had him playing his best football but it's not that bold a statement to say we are playing our best team at the moment. Obviously this will all change when Shola reverts to form.

Contrasting "Pardew" things over the weekend.

Friday bumped into a bunch of fans from around England and Northern Ireland who were of the opinion that Pardew was a good manager and couldn't understand why we didn't like him. A couple used the anti-southern thing as a possible reason and without actually using the "D" word they wondered why we thought we could get a better manager than him right now? Of course I tried to explain that the majority of fans think he's an ok manager, some rate him higher than that and some don't.

Saturday afternoon, unless my ears were mistaking me, I heard a long and loud "Alan Pardew's black and white army" from the Strawberry corner.

Certainly not much sign of anti southern bias or delusions of courting a "bigger" manager there then. 

Guest neesy111

The team comes before any individual players.  We are a better team without him.

Personally I would play Gouffran through the centre with HBA out wide and putting in the same effort he did when Pardew had him playing his best football but it's not that bold a statement to say we are playing our best team at the moment. Obviously this will all change when Shola reverts to form.

I think team is the key word here. It's probably a bit unfair to start singling out Ben Arfa for the previous bad results but since we've put Shola in there we have worked well as a team. It wouldn't surprise me at all though to see HBA come into this team and take us up another level when the form starts to flag.

Pretty much what we done in the 2-0. Loved that game for some reason, Cabaye and Cisse (:sad:) man.

We were excellent that game. Was counter attack to perfection. Would love to see that again on Wednesday.

wasn't it 80/20 possession or something in that game at one point :lol:

loved that match

The funny thing about that game was that in the final third possession was almost identical :lol:

I'd take the same again tbh....

Friday bumped into a bunch of fans from around England and Northern Ireland who were of the opinion that Pardew was a good manager and couldn't understand why we didn't like him. A couple used the anti-southern thing as a possible reason and without actually using the "D" word they wondered why we thought we could get a better manager than him right now? Of course I tried to explain that the majority of fans think he's an ok manager, some rate him higher than that and some don't.

Saturday afternoon, unless my ears were mistaking me, I heard a long and loud "Alan Pardew's black and white army" from the Strawberry corner.

Certainly not much sign of anti southern bias or delusions of courting a "bigger" manager there then. 

I feel much better after reading that, thanks.

Aye that chant must have been grating on you.

:lol:

This way of playing won't last forever, just like when we finished 5th eventually we will hit a brick wall.

Then the more talented players like Anita and Ben Arfa will need to push us on, i have no complaints at all at the moment really i really like the balance of the midfield 4 for example but i wouldn't say we are better or worse without Ben Arfa.

It just shows how fickle a lot of people in the Gallowgate corner are.

I tend to agree with you on that, but there again one man's "fickle" could be another man's "open minded".

:thup:

It just shows how fickle a lot of people in the Gallowgate corner are.

I tend to agree with you on that, but there again one man's "fickle" could be another man's "open minded".

yep I will continue to judge How well he is doing on, How well he is doing. Crazy bastard that I am.

Soz Venk.

Ben Arfa, normally, should be starting for any team and make the team better than not playing him. However we have a right back who desperately needs winger protection and this is the main reason why Ben Arfa cannot start for us. I am not blaming debuchy because he contributed a lot in other areas. I just feel sorry for Hatem.