Alan Pardew

Mike

I'm very cynical but the more they protest there's nothing untoward going on behind the scenes the less inclined I am to believe them. The ladies doth protest too much...

I don't know. Bit of a damned if you do type situation, isn't it? Could have felt as if they had to say something to counter the relentless negative onslaught from the media, to satisfy the 'impressionable' section of our support.

The best response would have been to say nothing at all and go and win the next game and let the press speculate as much as they want, you can't stop it. The only thing that'll make it go away is getting results.

Idiot at work listened to Neville's rant on MNF and now wants every French player dropped for West Ham. Because they're French. This is an intelligent bloke, degreed and normally sensible and grounded. He wants the team picked on nationality rather than talent. This is the issue.

Guest icemanblue

I'm very cynical but the more they protest there's nothing untoward going on behind the scenes the less inclined I am to believe them. The ladies doth protest too much...

I don't know. Bit of a damned if you do type situation, isn't it? Could have felt as if they had to say something to counter the relentless negative onslaught from the media, to satisfy the 'impressionable' section of our support.

The best response would have been to say nothing at all and go and win the next game and let the press speculate as much as they want, you can't stop it. The only thing that'll make it go away is getting results.

Idiot at work listened to Neville's rant on MNF and now wants every French player dropped for West Ham. Because they're French. This is an intelligent bloke, degreed and normally sensible and grounded. He wants the team picked on nationality rather than talent. This is the issue.

Don't disagree with your first paragraph, it's an opinion I share. But, the second is exactly what I'm on about.

It's a ridiculous conclusion to say that the rumours are true just because we've responded. It's clumsy PR like Parky said, but there's absolutely no way it shows anything had happened or makes it more likely. It's incredibly simplistic to conclude that.

release statement? 

Guess it was true then.

Looking like it :sad:

Would have much preferred if they said f*** all tbh.

just just have to think about how they would have reacted had it been bullshit- They would have all had a laugh about it together in the training ground and moved on, but no..........

neville man, you see these pricks that work on tv, media and radio (especially ex pros who crosses paths with current managers, players), they always go for the easy route when they list whats wrong with a club, notice they never point the finger at one person (e.i. manager).

cowards.

Don't disagree with your first paragraph, it's an opinion I share. But, the second is exactly what I'm on about.

That's why I mentioned it. He's been influenced by what he's heard recently and he's normally a sensible guy.

Guest neesy111

It's a ridiculous conclusion to say that the rumours are true just because we've responded. It's clumsy PR like Parky said, but there's absolutely no way it shows anything had happened or makes it more likely. It's incredibly simplistic to conclude that.

Usually does when its from us though under the current regime, we have a history of statements where they are a smokescreen.

Guest icemanblue

That's why I mentioned it. He's been influenced by what he's heard recently and he's normally a sensible guy.

Ah, I'm with you. People like that will be satisfied with this. If it helps our cause then there's no harm done.

If there is a siege mentality building in the camp, then all the better.

I hope so too although I don't think this statement or banning a journalist, thereby inflaming an issue, will have much bearing on that.

Guest firetotheworks

Tbh, the only split I give the slightest shit about is between us and the bottom 3.

Guest strongbow69

It seems the focus and blame is completely on the french players now and not pardew, has this not been mentioned before?. I also feel sorry for haidara , a 20 yr old, new country, new league, leg breaker within a 3wks?  oh and fuck luke edwards too

I don't care in all honesty, if you want to make a statement then get 3 points on Saturday, then get 3 points against QPR and keep us up.

The fact that they have had to make a statement on this story from a nobody reporter who the fans mock instead of everything that has been said about the club is quite telling in my eyes.

If the players are against Pardew, good, hopefully it means come the end of the season he's gone, just do enough to keep us up first though lads. If they players don't want to be here then fine, go, not many of them have played well this season in anyway. If Cabaye wants to leave the club, good, I've not seen him have a decent game since January 2012, the most over rated player we have at the club, I can't see why the fans have a love for him.

At the end of the day when NUFC players issue things like these statements they go out and contridict it in their next performance/result. Nows not the time to be issuing statements, get on that pitch, learn how to take a corner, learn how to cross the ball, learn how to defend.

When the fans turn on a manger at this club it's only a matter of time before he's gone, even though it's not quite vocal yet the majority (including me) have turned on him. He might get some good results and performances in these last few games and he might do well at the start of next season (if he's here) and the fans will loosen their voice on him, but it's too late because as soon as he has another poor performance from the players, another poor result then the calls for his head will ring out again.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/fortiter.html

FORTITER DEFENDIT TRIUMPHANS

For those of you who don’t know, that is the motto of Newcastle United. It’s Latin, and translates to “Triumphing by brave defense” which is ironic considering the pitiful surrender from ours against Liverpool. However, the motto was only adopted by the club.

The brave defense referred to in the city’s motto makes sense, because Newcastle upon Tyne grew up as a walled city to protect us from our enemies. These days there isn’t a lot left of the old city walls, but the motto remains true.

We Geordies come under fire all too often. We’re stereotyped by anyone south of scotch corner as alcoholic simpletons who fight all the time and are sexist and homophobic (and friendly??) The press love to have a go. They hate us, and it’s obvious. If United are doing well you can bet they’ll conjure up lies to destabilise us. If we’re struggling they’ll kick us when we’re down, with bollocks like this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/ sport/football/teams/ newcastle-united/10026476/ Newcastle-United-manager-Alan- Pardew-sees-position-at-St- James-Park-put-in-peril-by- dressing-room-split.html

And yet we remain. The indomitable toon army. Incapable of being overcome, subdued or vanquished. We pack out our ground every game and we rack up more miles than anyone else travelling the length and breadth of the country to support our team. We look after each other up here, to hell with anything further right. It’s our way and we’re happy with it.

And so the question I have to ask is “Do you love your football club?” I would hope the answer is yes, because despite the awful season we’ve had domestically it would take a pretty badly stung mag to have no love left for Newcastle. And right now they need us.

4 years ago I attended a supporters club meeting at the Irish centre. I’ll never forget the way every head turned to me as I was given the microphone. The point I made then is the same one I’m making now. Hopefully the consequences we suffered in 2009 will be enough to persuade people to take heed this time, because we didn’t last time.

Our club needs us. Your club needs you. We stand divided, bickering amongst ourselves as our team slides down the league and the press gleefully watch on. We’re pissed off, and to be fair its understandable. We’ve been poor, but that isn’t important. There is only one thing that matters now. Supporting our team. We can’t afford not to, (literally, given the financial implications of relegation.) Almost all of us now know the bitter taste of relegation, and it isn’t nice.

Its all about mindset. On paper we have a team very capable of 3 wins. But they’re not performing because their heads have dropped. We have to change that. We have to support them. And the gaffer. Some of you may not like Alan Pardew, but its too late to replace him now, and its foolish to suggest otherwise. We have to lift our team and ourselves, and not just on match day.

This begins now. Take to the internet, to the forums and Facebook and Twitter in particular. Let the players know we’re still right behind them. Overwhelm them with messages of support and praise. Let’s see if we can get #howaythelads trending. Get yourself down to the pub and spread the word. We have to stop trying to figure out where things have been going wrong and who is to blame and instead decide how we can improve and who the next hero will be. We are the 12th man. We can make a difference. Now it’s over to you.

Howay The Lads.

MICHAEL VASEY