QPR vs Newcastle Utd - 12/05/13 @ 3pm (No TV) - a win confirms safety

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Debuchy has no heart" :lol:

f***ing hell man playing Simpson over Debuchy would be the single most retarded thing Alan Pardew could ever do.

Simpson makes the back line look more settled, while Debuchy has been s**** but gets away with it for being a new signing and French.

Memory of a goldfish that, like. There was a period where he was playing rather well, and people talked about him being the best of the new bunch. Debuchy over Simpson any day.

Thick people yes.

I've already said several times he started well but has nose dived drastically. Simpson has looked defensively a step above Debuchy when he's been called upon. People saying Simpson struggled with Jarvis, I dread to think what he'd do to Debuchy who hasn't got anywhere near the pace to match.

No need for the thick people comment, but anyways.

He hasn't really nose dived tbf. He's been up and down, so he hasn't declined for every game. I understand you wanting Simpson for the fact that he seems to have a better communication with Taylor and the team defensively looks probably more balanced. Knowing your temper, I'm not going to say this is right or wrong, I will ask you though, if you think playing Debuchy when we have a defensive leftback in MBiwa playing might be a good idea, or do you rather want us to look completely inept going forward on the flanks like we did Saturday?

If we win Sunday I'd consider playing Simpson for the sheer fact that like you said I don't believe we can beat Arsenal if they have something to play for, but against QPR for me playing Simpson and MBiwa is asking for them to put pressure on us as Danny has showed during his whole time here he can't put a cross in or created anything from the flank.

Do you agree or do you still believe we are all thick?

No need for the memory of a goldfish comment either. Didnt have a go at him for that, I wonder why?

Retaliation is always great. Anyways didn't answer my comment. Do you believe a back four of Danny, Saylor, Colo and Mbiwa is better than Debuch, Saylor, Colo and Mbiwa? Do you think we should try and reflect more on sitting back than having someone like Debuch who can attack their flank?

f***ing hell man playing Simpson over Debuchy would be the single most retarded thing Alan Pardew could ever do.

Simpson makes the back line look more settled, while Debuchy has been s**** but gets away with it for being a new signing and French.

Memory of a goldfish that, like. There was a period where he was playing rather well, and people talked about him being the best of the new bunch. Debuchy over Simpson any day.

Thick people yes.

I've already said several times he started well but has nose dived drastically. Simpson has looked defensively a step above Debuchy when he's been called upon. People saying Simpson struggled with Jarvis, I dread to think what he'd do to Debuchy who hasn't got anywhere near the pace to match.

I'd rather not comment on the rest of what you've said, but Debuchy has some good pace on him. I've never seen Danny Simpson run past an opposing fullback.

Debuchy has no pace at all. He's good over a very short distance but has no top end.

Simpson can't attack, that has nothing to do with how quick he is.

TBF, none of them are fast, if anything no one is faster than the other. They are both pretty average pace wise, you make it sound like Simpson is some sort of speedmerchant. He's no Usain Bolt, and if anything MBiwa looks faster than both.

Totally disagree, Simpson is quick, Debuchy is slightly below average for his position.

Agree with Debuchy, but Simpson quick?

:dowie:

I genuinely wouldn't say there was much between them, tbh. I've certainly never thought Debuchy looked slow. I think most of his problems against faster wingers have been positional.

Thick people yes.

He hasn't really nose dived tbf. He's been up and down, so he hasn't declined for every game. I understand you wanting Simpson for the fact that he seems to have a better communication with Taylor and the team defensively looks probably more balanced. Knowing your temper, I'm not going to say this is right or wrong, I will ask you though, if you think playing Debuchy when we have a defensive leftback in MBiwa playing might be a good idea, or do you rather want us to look completely inept going forward on the flanks like we did Saturday?

If we win Sunday I'd consider playing Simpson for the sheer fact that like you said I don't believe we can beat Arsenal if they have something to play for, but against QPR for me playing Simpson and MBiwa is asking for them to put pressure on us as Danny has showed during his whole time here he can't put a cross in or created anything from the flank.

No need for the memory of a goldfish comment either. Didnt have a go at him for that, I wonder why?

Retaliation is always great. Anyways didn't answer my comment. Do you believe a back four of Danny, Saylor, Colo and Mbiwa is better than Debuch, Saylor, Colo and Mbiwa? Do you think we should try and reflect more on sitting back than having someone like Debuch who can attack their flank?

Seems like you'll have a go at me for anything and of course you've never retaliated, the level headed person that you are. Beacon of reason, mind of clarity and spirit of justice.  :lol:

Tbh I'm not sure, but Simpson seems more settle and better at the RB role than Debuchy ATM and I'd play the player who is most reliable in defence, and it's not Debuchy. We need to attack, but we also need to keep a clean sheet, considering we've only got one goal in us at best keeping a clean sheet is vital, concede and we won't pick up 3 pts.

I genuinely wouldn't say there was much between them, tbh. I've certainly never thought Debuchy looked slow. I think most of his problems against faster wingers have been positional.

At his age and level of experience that's even more frightening.

Thick people yes.

I'd rather not comment on the rest of what you've said, but Debuchy has some good pace on him. I've never seen Danny Simpson run past an opposing fullback.

Debuchy has no pace at all. He's good over a very short distance but has no top end.

Simpson can't attack, that has nothing to do with how quick he is.

TBF, none of them are fast, if anything no one is faster than the other. They are both pretty average pace wise, you make it sound like Simpson is some sort of speedmerchant. He's no Usain Bolt, and if anything MBiwa looks faster than both.

Totally disagree, Simpson is quick, Debuchy is slightly below average for his position.

Agree with Debuchy, but Simpson quick?

:dowie:

Simpson is quick, just because he isn't bombing down the wing doesn't mean he's not quick, he's just not very good when he crosses the halfway line and he knows it.

Not really, he's had his up and downs. But there have been games where he's been one of our better players, while Danny is usually always our worst. With Mbiwa as a left-back I'd rather have Debuch playing on the right, no reason to have 2 fullbacks who can't get a cross in or so.

Debuchy is Cabayes bestie mate. The sleeve tattoo's. The cool dude photo's standing in the faux cool dude stance next to his bestie mate. The him and er...him spiky hairstyles.

The lunge in an effort to make sure he got a straight red v the scouse scum. A f***ing coward with no heart for what lies ahead.

Simpson will do me and i'm well aware of his capabilities.

:lol:

There is just no way I'm responding do that, either you better seek an asylum or you're trolling is almost as good as David Luiz yesterday..

As spineless as the man you prefer over Simpson.

Thick people yes.

Seems like you'll have a go at me for anything and of course you've never retaliated, the level headed person that you are. Beacon of reason, mind of clarity and spirit of justice.  :lol:

Tbh I'm not sure, but Simpson seems more settle and better at the RB role than Debuchy ATM and I'd play the player who is most reliable in defence, and it's not Debuchy. We need to attack, but we also need to keep a clean sheet, considering we've only got one goal in us at best keeping a clean sheet is vital, concede and we won't pick up 3 pts.

I think my post was misunderstood :lol: Never intended to have a go at you knowing the last time we had a go at each other, I was genuinely interested in that second paragraph though :thup: So you are of the opinion that we need to be a bit more cautious, in my opinion, I think playing Simspon would reflect our season to well, we need to get goals not try and keep a clean sheet. Keeping a clean sheet won't mean anything if we don't score.

I think Debuchy is overall a far better player than Simpson but as things stand we seem to defend much better as a unit with Simpson there so I wouldn't be too disappointed if he keeps his place.

I think Debuchy is overall a far better player than Simpson but as things stand we seem to defend much better as a unit with Simpson there so I wouldn't be too disappointed if he keeps his place.

Absolutely not, but in a must win game I think I'd like to see Debuch given at least 45 mins when MBiwa is there to play on the other side. It's different when Debuch and Santon both attack the flanks and gets caught.

Thick people yes.

I think my post was misunderstood :lol: Never intended to have a go at you knowing the last time we had a go at each other, I was genuinely interested in that second paragraph though :thup: So you are of the opinion that we need to be a bit more cautious, in my opinion, I think playing Simspon would reflect our season to well, we need to get goals not try and keep a clean sheet. Keeping a clean sheet won't mean anything if we don't score.

Was a bit strange you picked up on it that's all. Fuck it, it's not important.

We've got to attack, but we've got to keep a clean sheet with our limited goal threat, it's a balancing act which Pardew has got wrong all season long. There isn't an easy answer but I'm slightly in favour of Simpson keeping his place as his performance last time out was better than anything Debuchy has produced (defensively) for several weeks. Surely Jonas keeping his place or Tiote coming back in everytime without fail has had a detrimental effect to the team? I feel taking Simpson out for Debuchy is along those lines but not quite as bad.

Guest neesy111

This.

Thick people yes.

Was a bit strange you picked up on it that's all. f*** it, it's not important.

We've got to attack, but we've got to keep a clean sheet with our limited goal threat, it's a balancing act which Pardew has got wrong all season long. There isn't an easy answer but I'm slightly in favour of Simpson keeping his place as his performance last time out was better than anything Debuchy has produced (defensively) for several weeks. Surely Jonas keeping his place or Tiote coming back in everytime without fail has had a detrimental effect to the team? I feel taking Simpson out for Debuchy is along those lines but not quite as bad.

I agree. Not writing off Debuchy, but he's been part of a defence shipping in loads of goals and Simpson's done the job when back in. He should keep his place, I reckon.

:thup:

Also, this might sound dramatic but if we concede first I hand on heart believe we will be relegated. On the other hand, score first and we may do it.  :undecided:

Whatever decision is made it's going to attract critics and probably be wrong somewhere along the line, but that is souly Pardews fault for allowing so much to rest on one game.

:thup:

Also, this might sound dramatic but if we concede first I hand on heart believe we will be relegated. On the other hand, score first and we may do it.  :undecided:

Whatever decision is made it's going to attract critics and probably be wrong somewhere along the line, but that is souly Pardews fault for allowing so much to rest on one game.

Aye, it's unbelievable we are in a relegation battle. We'd be down if it wasn't for Cisse scoring two straight 90th minute goals.

Elliot

Debuchy    Saylor    Coloccini    Mbiwa

HBA        Cabaye      Tiote        Marveaux

Gouffran      Cisse

Last 5 league games with Simpson in the side.

West Ham : 0-0

Fulham : 1-0

Man City : 0-4

Arsenal : 3-7

Man Utd : 3-4

Amazing what two games and a dozen games out can do for a reputation. :lol:

Apparently Simpson is the quickest player at the club

Obertan, Gouff, Campbell and even Mapou and Mou would definitely give him a run for his money. Santon in my opinion would too and Haidara doesn't look slow.

Actually, there's no way he's the quickest at the club. I bet Castro said that, the same who said Campbell was one of the fastest in the league when his weight was like 50000kg.