Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

IMO - Appeals should come with a one game additional ban if not repealed.  Why wouldn't teams appeal when they have nothing to loose?  Once they start having to put something onto the table as their stake, then the appeals will be come more realistic.

They're meant to have the option of doing that but never do

IMO - Appeals should come with a one game additional ban if not repealed.  Why wouldn't teams appeal when they have nothing to loose?  Once they start having to put something onto the table as their stake, then the appeals will be come more realistic.

That's occasionally the case if it's a "frivolous appeal" but there's not a hope in hell they'd ever do that to Mourinho or whoever.  The whole system's rooted in bias.

They're meant to have the option of doing that but never do

That's the issue.... it shouldn't be an "option" than CAN be applied, because it never will be.  It has to be an automatic part of the process. Setup, Defined and Advised to all before the season starts.  Then clubs have to weigh up the risk of appealing vs taking their lumps and getting on with it. 

It's Vanishing Spray simple..... and we know how they didn't want to implement that at first either.

Whether they are Geordies are not is irrelevant but they need the academy to start producing more players for the first team.

Considering this was one of the things that Ashley said was a priority from the outset, it has been a huge failure for him as there seems little improvement from when he first arrived 8 years ago.

Take your point. Even if we did create good homegrown players, we haven't got the culture of a Southampton or a Swansea to bed them into the first team squad. We would either throw them in at the deep end (usually destroying them or putting too much weight on their shoulders) or never use them.

I've no doubt we've had good young players who could have been something (or at least more than they became), but because our style of play isn't about the team, I don't think any youngster could really thrive unless they're an outstanding individual capable of doing it on their own.

Take your point. Even if we did create good homegrown players, we haven't got the culture of a Southampton or a Swansea to bed them into the first team squad. We would either throw them in at the deep end (usually destroying them or putting too much weight on their shoulders) or never use them.

I've no doubt we've had good young players who could have been something (or at least more than they became), but because our style of play isn't about the team, I don't think any youngster could really thrive unless they're an outstanding individual capable of doing it on their own.

This is the main thing that I didn't mind about the McClaren appointment. I have faith in him to start sorting this out, as seen already by getting youth out on loan and not throwing Aarons at the deep-end/off a cliff a la Pardew.

Perhaps. I have less confidence than you in him, but we'll see. I became genuinely fearful for the club when Pardew said he wanted to look at the grassroots of football at the club. Duff players can be sold, but he was going to poison unborn future generations. Given a crack at doing so I reckon the impact of that would have outlasted Ashley.