Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/11/players-injured-in-the-warm-up

"I recall years ago reading that Newcastle United had taken delivery of a load of black and white traffic cones, to be used for training purposes," begins Tim Grey. "The article stated that the traditional orangey-red and white cones (so beloved of generations of drunken blokes all over the nation. And Alan Partridge) were considered too close to Sunderland's colours and therefore an affront to the Toon's players. Was this, as I suspect may have been the case, just a piece of marketing puff generated for the short-lived football magazine I subscribed to at the time? Or did Newcastle actually train with these cones? Are there any other instances of clubs having equipment specially made in non-traditional colours, so as to avoid any affiliation with their local rivals' kit? Rangers not playing on green grass perhaps?"

??? :lol: Is this true? Seems daft to me

Good night at the quiz at the Hotspur. Really, really difficult at times like but done ok in finishing 5th (I think) out of 14 teams. Some of the stuff shouldn't be known but one of our lads helped out massively. He got the Portsmouth link to Sherlock Holmes as he used to live there and had heard one of the locals mention it.

Glad you gents enjoyed it. I normally just design the posters, but the picture round was my doing this month and actually managed to get along to it for a change.

Tried to make it as fine a line between hard and easy...everyone did surprisingly well.

Some of the questions are rediculous though.

Good night at the quiz at the Hotspur. Really, really difficult at times like but done ok in finishing 5th (I think) out of 14 teams. Some of the stuff shouldn't be known but one of our lads helped out massively. He got the Portsmouth link to Sherlock Holmes as he used to live there and had heard one of the locals mention it.

right from now on no-one should be allowed to mention pub quizes without putting hte questions they can remember.

Ashley Young - what a kernt!

“It (diving) has been talked about (with Moyes), yes,” Young said. “It’s been talked about obviously, by the previous manager and the current manager, but that’s in house. I’m not going to comment on what’s been said.

“But I think it’s one to ask the referees - they are the ones who are giving free-kicks and penalties.

right from now on no-one should be allowed to mention pub quizes without putting hte questions they can remember.

Questions will be on http://hotspurfootiequiz.weebly.com some time today.

Guest Roger Kint

Imagine seeing that front cover and buying it.

Yesterdays was worse. Full page of that Tulisa bint and 'shocking photos' but no mention of the Mandela thing or any real news. An old bloke in the queue at the garage in front of me just said 'how in the world is this shit news?' :lol:

Ex workmate bought it every day for all the reality shite it prints the sad wanker :anguish:

My favourite question of the night was, Which player won his first 4 England caps whilst playing for 4 different clubs?

Also, which England international got 62 caps, making his international debut in 1989 before retiring at the end of Euro 1996?

Guest Roger Kint

My favourite question of the night was, Which player won his first 4 England caps whilst playing for 4 different clubs?

Also, which England international got 62 caps, making his international debut in 1989 before retiring at the end of Euro 1996?

Parker?

Pearce or Platt?