Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest Roger Kint

We had a phenomenal final round.  Only ones we didn't get were the two captains for the 1992 European Cup final.  Definitely what won it for us.

I was going to put Mancini but SOMEONE wasn't keen, although he did say Gigi Riva for Italy's all time top scorer!

Was 92 the Barca one at Wembley? Wasnt the headcase with the impossibly spelt name was it? :lol:

We had a phenomenal final round.  Only ones we didn't get were the two captains for the 1992 European Cup final.  Definitely what won it for us.

I was going to put Mancini but SOMEONE wasn't keen, although he did say Gigi Riva for Italy's all time top scorer!

Was 92 the Barca one at Wembley? Wasnt the headcase with the impossibly spelt name was it? :lol:

Aye Mancini for Sampdoria and Zubizaretta for Barca.

Guest Roger Kint

My favourite question of the night was, Which player won his first 4 England caps whilst playing for 4 different clubs?

Also, which England international got 62 caps, making his international debut in 1989 before retiring at the end of Euro 1996?

Parker?

Pearce or Platt?

Top one's right.  Bottom is Platt aye.

Cheers :thup:

First thought was Adams but seen to remember him and Ince in that Italy qualifier.

Guest Roger Kint

Aye Mancini for Sampdoria and Zubizaretta for Barca.

Was actually thinking the other bloke, midfielder who went to Bilbao. Totally forgot the keepers name :lol:

Which Championship team play at Goldsands Stadium?

Which football league club were originally called Black Arabs FC?

Who was manager of AC Milan for their European Cup wins in 1989 and 1990?

Which Ajax manager invented 'Total Football'?

Round 1 – Domestic Football

1 Who took over as Manager of Liverpool after Bob Paisley on 1st July 1983

2 Which current international wears the No. 11 shirt for Everton?

3 Which current English League team was originally called ‘Black Arabs FC’ when founded in 1883?

4 Who was manager of Chelsea when they won the FA Cup in 1970 against Leeds?

5 Which Championship side plays at the Goldsands Stadium?

6 Which Player won his first 4 England caps for England whilst playing at 4 different Clubs?

7 Which Championship team won their last major domestic trophy in 2011?

8 Name the first Man United captain from outside the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland (90s)

9 What is the connection between Sherlock Holmes and Portsmouth AFC?

10 Who was the first English player to win Top Flight League Championships in three different countries?

Round 2 – World & European Football

11 2014 WC will see none of Sweden, Denmark or Norway at the World cup.  When was the last WC tournament that didn’t have any of these 3 teams take part?

12 Who was the lowest ranked club (UEFA Co-efficient) in this season Champions’ League Group Stage (at the time of the draw)?

13 Which team in Portugal is known affectionately as the Archbishops and The Arsenal Fans?

14 Which player scored 16secs after coming on as a sub in a European Champions League Final against Juventus?

15 Total Football was invented by which Ajax Player / Manager?

16 There is one Uruguyan on Pelé's choice of the "greatest living footballers" from March 2004 – who is he?

17 Northern Ireland and former Man Utd Keeper Roy Carroll currently plays for which club team?

18 With the exception of the hosts Brazil, who was the first team to qualify for the 2014 WC?

19 Who was the last team to lose 2 consecutive Champions League Finals?

20 In which city was the final of Euro 2008 hosted?

Round 3 – Pot Luck

21 Newcastle United won the first division in 1992-93.  Which 2 teams were promoted with them? (pt each)

22 Who is the only current FIFA and CONMEBOL international team NEVER to have qualified for the World Cup?

23 Barcelona beat Sampdoria in the Last European Cup final on 20thMay 1992 who were the 2 playing captains that evening?  (pt each)

24 Who was the manager of the great AC Milan team that won the 89 and 90 European Cup?

25 Eusebio won the Golden Boot award at the 1966 World Cup Finals. How many goals did he score?

26 With 35 goals in 42 appearances, who is the record goal scorer for the Italian national team?

27 I am a midfielder and played 62 times for England. I made my debut against Italy in November 1989 and retired internationally after the Euro 96 semi-final against Germany. Who am I?

28 Name the missing team from this World Cup 2014 Group, Belgium, Russia, Algeria and…

29 Deportivo Saprissa is the most successful club team in which Central American country?

30 Who was the Greek Goalkeeper for the Monty Pythons Philosophers Football Match v Germany?

Questions for the standard rounds above. The picture and video rounds will be up on the site some time this morning.

Guest Roger Kint

Which Championship team play at Goldsands Stadium?

Which football league club were originally called Black Arabs FC?

Who was manager of AC Milan for their European Cup wins in 1989 and 1990?

Which Ajax manager invented 'Total Football'?

I would guess at the first being another name for one of the promoted clubs, will leave the others for people to guess themselves though. Black Arabs i have no idea and i think i know the others.

My favourite question of the night was, Which player won his first 4 England caps whilst playing for 4 different clubs?

Also, which England international got 62 caps, making his international debut in 1989 before retiring at the end of Euro 1996?

Parker?

Pearce or Platt?

First thought was Adams but seen to remember him and Ince in that Italy qualifier.

Adams made his debut away to Spain 87ish. Think we won by a hatful.

Guest Roger Kint

Parker?

Pearce or Platt?

Aye that was a grey area for me when he actually started, seem to remember him being Englands top goalscorer in the 1989 year(unless i invented that :lol:)

Parker?

Pearce or Platt?

Aye that was a grey area for me when he actually started, seem to remember him being Englands top goalscorer in the 1989 year(unless i invented that :lol:)

He was a goalscorer at Euro 88. Since we only scored 2 goals he would've been joint with Bryan Robson. I went to that tourney.  We hadn't lost since the hand of God, and I honestly expected us to win it. A week later P3 L3. Back home on the ferry.:(

We were winning then collapsed during that and the 1-5 round. :lol:

Next time.

We were winning then collapsed during that and the 1-5 round. :lol:

Next time.

That diablo round was fucking aaaful!  People on the table next to us got Kyrgyzstan somehow.

our answers:

Round 1 – Domestic Football

1 Who took over as Manager of Liverpool after Bob Paisley on 1st July 1983 Joe Fagan

2 Which current international wears the No. 11 shirt for Everton? Kevin Mirallas

3 Which current English League team was originally called ‘Black Arabs FC’ when founded in 1883? Wolves (Bristol Rovers)

4 Who was manager of Chelsea when they won the FA Cup in 1970 against Leeds? Ketsbaia made a name up! (Dave Sexton)

5 Which Championship side plays at the Goldsands Stadium? Bournemouth

6 Which Player won his first 4 England caps for England whilst playing at 4 different Clubs? Scott Parker

7 Which Championship team won their last major domestic trophy in 2011? Birmingham City

8 Name the first Man United captain from outside the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland (90s) Eric Cantona

9 What is the connection between Sherlock Holmes and Portsmouth AFC? Anthony Minghella (Arthur Conan Doyle - wrote the book, played in goal for them)

10 Who was the first English player to win Top Flight League Championships in three different countries? Mark Hately (Trevor Steven)

Round 2 – World & European Football

11 2014 WC will see none of Sweden, Denmark or Norway at the World cup.  When was the last WC tournament that didn’t have any of these 3 teams take part? 1990 (1982)

12 Who was the lowest ranked club (UEFA Co-efficient) in this season Champions’ League Group Stage (at the time of the draw)? Austria Vienna

13 Which team in Portugal is known affectionately as the Archbishops and The Arsenal Fans? Sporting Braga

14 Which player scored 16secs after coming on as a sub in a European Champions League Final against Juventus? Lars Ricken

15 Total Football was invented by which Ajax Player / Manager? Rinus Michels

16 There is one Uruguyan on Pelé's choice of the "greatest living footballers" from March 2004 – who is he? Guessed a player from the 1950 WC team I can't remember (Enzo Francescoli)

17 Northern Ireland and former Man Utd Keeper Roy Carroll currently plays for which club team? That Russian team in Swansea's waffa cup group - we remembered seeing him somewhere but couldn't remember where! (Olympiakos)

18 With the exception of the hosts Brazil, who was the first team to qualify for the 2014 WC? Japan

19 Who was the last team to lose 2 consecutive Champions League Finals? Valencia

20 In which city was the final of Euro 2008 hosted? Vienna

Round 3 – Pot Luck

21 Newcastle United won the first division in 1992-93.  Which 2 teams were promoted with them? (pt each) West Ham & Swindon Town

22 Who is the only current FIFA and CONMEBOL international team NEVER to have qualified for the World Cup? Venezuela

23 Barcelona beat Sampdoria in the Last European Cup final on 20thMay 1992 who were the 2 playing captains that evening?  (pt each) Pep & Lombardo (Mancini & Zubizaretta)

24 Who was the manager of the great AC Milan team that won the 89 and 90 European Cup? Arrigo Saachi

25 Eusebio won the Golden Boot award at the 1966 World Cup Finals. How many goals did he score? 9

26 With 35 goals in 42 appearances, who is the record goal scorer for the Italian national team? Luigi "Gigi" Riva

27 I am a midfielder and played 62 times for England. I made my debut against Italy in November 1989 and retired internationally after the Euro 96 semi-final against Germany. Who am I? David Platt

28 Name the missing team from this World Cup 2014 Group, Belgium, Russia, Algeria and… South Korea

29 Deportivo Saprissa is the most successful club team in which Central American country? Costa Rica

30 Who was the Greek Goalkeeper for the Monty Pythons Philosophers Football Match v Germany? Plato

Questions for the standard rounds above. The picture and video rounds will be up on the site some time this morning.

I was going to put Mancini but SOMEONE wasn't keen[b/], although he did say Gigi Riva for Italy's all time top scorer!

We won, just enjoy it :lol:

Is this Keane v Vieira documentary worth a watch?

I'd say it was. I particularly enjoyed the part where Keane's clipped answers had the interviewer shitting himself.

I'm surprised more hasn't been made of it to be honest (not that i read any newspapers mind)... Keane brutally honest as usual... Especially about Alex Ferguson :lol: