Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest bimpy474

Got asked to participate in a Dad's money raising game next Saturday (2pm kick off), Dad's of two kids teams playing another of the same, i said yes no problem. Thinking i was being asked to ref it. The fuckers have me playing in it, in central midfield of all places. I'm nearly 43 ffs. My knee is fucked and i still said yes :lol:

Only dawned on me it was my youngest boys teams Dad's, against my eldest boys teams Dad's. I've got to play a half for each. I think their trying to kill me :lol:

CM is just the place though, pulling the strings. I swear John Barnes didn't move from the centre circle for 10 years and everyone thought he was brilliant. Keep your whistle and cards in your pocket and baffle the opposition by blowing up randomly and sending them off. :lol: I would, but I have no shame.

I might just do that :lol:

Can someone link me with the picture of a African kid wearing a Sunderland shirt iirc he is holding a bit of cardboard in his hands.

Cheers

That post goes so well with your avatar  :lol:

He doesn't mean the one of Jozy Altidore with the SMB sign, does he?

Nah, it is 3 African kids playing in mud and one them has a mackem kit on.

Enjoyed that, like. "Do you have any regrets about that tackle?"

"No."

Penalty, straight red and the subsequent 3-game ban is far too harsh, it's always wound me up. Hopefully they amend this.

depending on the reasons why for the red (ie a "professional foul" vs hacking down the opponent violently) its a 1 game ban not 3. I don't like the rule but I'd wonder how many more incidents like Suarez in the world cup you'd get if it was just a pen, I'm cynical enough to believe some players would take their chances and blatantly try to stop the goal and take their chances with a pen.

I would keep the rule the same in blatant player-being-a-goalie incidents. Last man taking down a man outside the box, red and a freekick. Inside the box a yellow and a penalty.

Suarez and Cavani were born a month apart in the same city and have grown up to both become two absolutely world class strikers

Kluivert and van Nistelrooy were both born on the same day in the same year in Holland

I like stuff like this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25380989

'You can never score enough goals'

:sweetjesus:

Pellegrini is dreamy. Shame he's at such a cuntish club.

Madrid have never played better than they did with him as boss. Have him over Mourinho any day of the week.

:thup: Well said, really enjoyed his Real Madrid side. Actually, I've really enjoyed every side I've seen him manage.

Champs League Round-of-16 draw.

Manchester City v Barcelona

Olympiakos          v Manchester United

AC Milan                 v Atletico Madrid

Bayer Leverkusen v Paris St Germain

Galatasaray          v Chelsea

Schalke                 v Real Madrid

Zenit                v Dortmund

Arsenal            v Bayern