Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Unsurprising given that he's also a c***.

I wasn't a fan of his until he ditched all that God nonsense and turned into an Atheist. A presenter of "Songs of Praise" who is now an Atheist. Well done that man!

http://defendreason.ebaker.me.uk/2007/06/jonathan-edwards-looses-god.html

Minus points for the "defendreason" website for spelling "loses" as "looses" in that link.

Apr 27, 2014 14:02

By Ben Burrows

The Northern Ireland winger joined the Magpies in 1995 - but not before his former boss bent the truth to help double his wages

32 Shares

Tweet

+1

Email

Getty

Magpie: Gillespie went on to make 113 appearances for Newcastle netting 11 times

Keith Gillespie has revealed how Sir Alex Ferguson tricked Kevin Keegan when selling him to Newcastle.

The former Northern Ireland winger joined the Magpies in 1995 as part of the £7m deal which saw Andy Cole move the other way.

But not before Ferguson had intervened a little to ensure his man earned himself a bumper pay day.

"After an FA Cup game, we thrashed out terms at midnight in a hotel in Sheffield. Back then I was a £250-a-week player," he told the Sunday Telegraph.

"I remember Alex sitting there with a pen and paper, adding up figures and scribbling away. He told a bit of a white lie to Kevin Keegan: 'Keith’s on £600 a week at the moment so he’ll be looking for an increase on that.'

"He didn’t tell me this would happen so I sat there with a poker face, giving nothing away. Newcastle were happy to double my wage and an hour later I shook hands on a deal worth £1,200 a week."

Gillespie's book "How Not To Be A Football Millionaire" details his gambling addiction that cost him a staggering £7,215,875.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/keith-gillespie-reveals-sir-alex-3464857#ixzz306q2rijE

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Guest firetotheworks

Triple jump, man. Aye, well done, you're the best in the world at hopping and then skipping and then jumping, but none of them on their own. Oh aye, and you love Christ, thanks for the info.

Guest firetotheworks

I like him tbh. You say it likes it's easy, I'd like to see you do that for over 18 metres. :lol:

I didn't say it was easy. I was merely implying that it's totally irrelevant. It's a pathetic discipline. It's not like 100m or the long jump where the best can say "I'm the fastest in the world/ever" or "I can jump the furthest in the world" it's literally "Yeah, so I can hop and then skip and then jump the furthest in the world."

Fucking laughable "sport"

Guest firetotheworks

Can say that about anything then. :lol:

Not at all. There are others, like curling, but at least it's a discipline. Triple jump is just fucking stupid. They may as well put another bit in it where they have to do a spin or something before jumping. It's just fucking daft.

Apr 27, 2014 14:02

By Ben Burrows

The Northern Ireland winger joined the Magpies in 1995 - but not before his former boss bent the truth to help double his wages

32 Shares

Tweet

+1

Email

Getty

Magpie: Gillespie went on to make 113 appearances for Newcastle netting 11 times

Keith Gillespie has revealed how Sir Alex Ferguson tricked Kevin Keegan when selling him to Newcastle.

The former Northern Ireland winger joined the Magpies in 1995 as part of the £7m deal which saw Andy Cole move the other way.

But not before Ferguson had intervened a little to ensure his man earned himself a bumper pay day.

"After an FA Cup game, we thrashed out terms at midnight in a hotel in Sheffield. Back then I was a £250-a-week player," he told the Sunday Telegraph.

"I remember Alex sitting there with a pen and paper, adding up figures and scribbling away. He told a bit of a white lie to Kevin Keegan: 'Keith’s on £600 a week at the moment so he’ll be looking for an increase on that.'

"He didn’t tell me this would happen so I sat there with a poker face, giving nothing away. Newcastle were happy to double my wage and an hour later I shook hands on a deal worth £1,200 a week."

Gillespie's book "How Not To Be A Football Millionaire" details his gambling addiction that cost him a staggering £7,215,875.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/keith-gillespie-reveals-sir-alex-3464857#ixzz306q2rijE

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

:lol:

Not at all. There are others, like curling, but at least it's a discipline. Triple jump is just f***ing stupid. They may as well put another bit in it where they have to do a spin or something before jumping. It's just f***ing daft.

Not having that, very hard sport. Harder than the long jump, high jump, hurdles...

Guest firetotheworks

Not at all. There are others, like curling, but at least it's a discipline. Triple jump is just f***ing stupid. They may as well put another bit in it where they have to do a spin or something before jumping. It's just f***ing daft.

Not having that, very hard sport. Harder than the long jump, high jump, hurdles...

I didn't say that it wasn't hard, just totally irrelevant and stupid. Who gives a shit if you can hop and then skip and then jump the furthest? It's not even a thing.

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO  3m

PFA Premier League Team of the Year: Cech, Shaw, Kompany, Cahill, Coleman, Hazard, Y Toure, Gerrard, Lallana, Suarez and Sturridge.

Kompany :lol:. I'd probably give De Gea the keeper spot too

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO  3m

PFA Premier League Team of the Year: Cech, Shaw, Kompany, Cahill, Coleman, Hazard, Y Toure, Gerrard, Lallana, Suarez and Sturridge.

Kompany :lol:. I'd probably give De Gea the keeper spot too

Marshall of Cardiff personally, without him they'd have been down a long time ago.

MIDFIELDER - Nemanja Matic (Chelsea)

Nemanja Matic

I've never got too hung up about tactics and believe if the players are good enough they will work it out. However, the way in which Jose Mourinho deploys Matic, particularly in important away fixtures, is genius.

He did it against Manchester City at the Etihad and again at Anfield. Matic was amazing defensively and a threat in attack. He hardly ever gets booked, runs forever and is incredibly competitive. Is there anything I have forgotten?

Did you know? Since the January transfer window closed, Matic has made 48 tackles. Only three players have made more.

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27183851

Is it just me that doesn't think that this is a "top response" at all and actually just makes something disgusting into something "humorous"?

Fair play to Alves for doing it like and it's hard to put yourself in that position, but I think Gary fucking Linekar calling it a "top response" feels a bit, ugh.

I'm really not sure. It doesn't sit right with me.